Remember this - the year JA became JA

Remember this gem? I still like this video. The music is great too!

We could all tell he was going to be special and was rising before this. 2019 was a good year where we saw a lot of glimpses. Remember the Dallas game?

But, this was the year (2020) where Josh became Josh. Where he became his dominant, elite self. Where he became the francshise and the NFL took notice.

Enjoy. Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619

• BillsFan619 changed the title to The year JA became JA
9 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

For me it was the MOMENT Josh became Josh, and that moment was this moment

I love this moment. But many people can have a moment.

2019 you could tell something special was brewing and he had a lot of moments. But, 2020 is the year where he became dominant and elite. Heck, many can even have a year.

That said, he has been dominant and elite ever since 2020.

Go Bills!

• BillsFan619 changed the title to Remember this - the year JA became JA
6 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

2019 you could tell something special was brewing and he had a lot of moments. But, 2020 is the year where he became dominant and elite. Heck, many can even have a year.

Go Bills!

2 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Remember this - This is going to be the year he becomes MVP Josh Allen

If he gets the one seed he’ll be the MVP, if he gets the one seed three times he’ll be a 3 time MVP.

Although because of the no weapons narrative and everyone counting out the Bills because of departures, he has as good a chance winning MVP without the one seed this year as he’s ever going to have.

5 minutes ago, julian said:

If he gets the one seed he’ll be the MVP, if he gets the one seed three times he’ll be a 3 time MVP.

Although because of the no weapons narrative and everyone counting out the Bills because of departures, he has as good a chance winning MVP without the one seed this year as he’s ever going to have.

Not going to happen w out the 1 seed imo

If it was it would have been last yr 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Go Bills!

You could see it during his rookie year that he just had something special to him. It wasn't always pretty but there were a number of moments that really made me sit back and go, "Man, they might really have something in this kid." And that's after going thru nearly 20 years of subpar QB play so I was definitely trying to temper my expectations but I remember feeling genuinely excited and I hadn't really got that vibe with any other QBs they'd tried. 

One of my favorite moments from his rookie season was the Jags game. I'm not sure but I think it may have been his first game back from the injury. And it's still one of my all-time favorite throws of his, and it's the rocket he launched to Robert Foster for a 75 yard TD as the pocket around him collapsed. I thought for sure it was gonna be a sack. Then suddenly you see the ball come flying out of that swarm of humanity and it finds Foster 50-some yards down the field and he trucks it the rest of the way for the score. I also recall he ran over a Jags defender or two (or three or four) on a scramble for a TD and came up flexing lol. This was the infamous "he trash" game, comments courtesy of Jalen Ramsey. 

The dude has always had it. Credit to Beane and McDermott for installing the framework and structure that helped him succeed. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh is already Josh. Bills fans know there isn’t a player in the league who is asked to do more for his team than Josh, and it’s not even close. Stats and awards mean nothing. 

Edited by BananaB

24 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Not going to happen w out the 1 seed imo

If it was it would have been last yr 

Never said it was, just stating he has the narrative in his favour more so than any other viable MVP candidate going into the season.

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

For me it was the MOMENT Josh became Josh, and that moment was this moment

Cowboys play for me when he bobbled that 4th and 1 but then just manhandled linebackers to get the 1st down.

Saw glimpses before that game, but after that play/game I knew we had our guy

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, julian said:

Never said it was, just stating he has the narrative in his favour more so than any other viable MVP candidate going into the season.

it's possible

i just think that w/out the one seed the narrative matters less than production and A i dont see us getting the 1seed this year and B i dont see the horses to top the league in counting stats

• Like (+1) 1

Allen is going to have a Barry Sanders, Lawrence Taylor, category HOF induction highlight film.  We will all remember each “you gotta be kidding me” play.

I understand all of the conversation about Super Bowls, MVP, elite, best, top five, etc.   There is no greater

“wow” factor Buffalo Bill.   Only Bruce can make an argument.

I go back to OJ’s rookie year.

I want a Super Bowl as much for him as I do for us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

it's possible

i just think that w/out the one seed the narrative matters less than production and A i dont see us getting the 1seed this year and B i dont see the horses to top the league in counting stats

I don’t think Allen’s stats are going to fall off in any dramatic fashion, I also don’t believe they’re realistically in contention for the 1 seed mostly because of a very tough schedule.

Another Allen 40+ TD 4500+ total yards and possibly less than 18 INTs this year with another division title definitely gives him a chance at MVP unless he runs up against another Rogers career year type of season by another QB.

The bottom line for me is the MVP has become the best QB on one of the two 1 seeds, Lamar winning with his stats last year tells you all you need to know.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I could tell from day one that Josh Allen was Josh Allen.  He had that heart and will to win. You could also see his arm talent.  Yes, he worked hard and bettered himself but he was always Josh.  This kid WILL win a trophy someday.  Provided coaching/gm doesnt screw that up for him.  

I saw enough in his first season to be convinced. His win against the Vikings was great. Then that masterful week 17 win against the Dolphins where he threw for 3 TD's and ran for 2. The Vikings game showed me he had the "it" factor and the big play ability. The Dolphins game showed me he had the skill and arm talent to become a great passer, not to mention his running ability. But there were great moments in other games that year too.

Some of his best career highlights are from his rookie year. I mean, yeah, in 2020 the NFL learned what he could do, but there was so much evidence before then.

• Like (+1) 1