Patriots releasing Juju

NewEra

On 8/10/2024 at 12:39 AM, BigAl2526 said:

Coleman, MVS (if he makes the team), Mack Hollis and even Shavers are 6'3" or 6'4" with elite catch radii. Curtis Samuel and KJ Hamler both run the 40 in the low 4.3 range.  MVS is almost as fast as those two.  More to the point, they all have had time to learn the system and develop a rapport with Josh Allen.  Juju Smith-Shuster is pretty much an average receiver.  If it's the off season and a team is looking for receivers to come in, learn the offense and compete, he'd be a solid signing, but the Bills are past that stage.  They have plenty of players competing for maybe 6 roster spots.  If camp reports are to be believed, there is a fair amount chemistry that has developed with Josh Allen.  If we weren't seeing that, I'd say, "Sign him," but with his lack of elite traits and his inconsistent career (one great season and a couple good seasons with Pittsburgh and one good season in KC with Pat Mahomes, he just doesn't offer enough to sacrifice the chemistry that has already developed with the receivers who are competing for a roster spot.

Juju is more proven than any WR on Bills roster. The only guy you could argue about that would be Samuel. A few extra months chemistry with some scrub WRs with good catch radius won’t matter come January.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, BananaB said:

Juju is more proven than any WR on Bills roster. The only guy you could argue about that would be Samuel. A few extra months chemistry with some scrub WRs with good catch radius won’t matter come January.

He’s more proven than anyone on the packers roster. He’s more proven than anyone on the chiefs roster.  He’s more proven than anyone in the Jets roster.  He’s more proven than anyone on the ravens roster.  I could keep going.  

Jordan Matthew’s is more proven than anyone on this Bills roster too.  He’s playing for the Panthers. He’s had multiple 900+ hard seasons too!  Git er dun

somehow you manage to say the same thing in every poast you make.  I’m the worst.  Yes.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

He’s more proven than anyone on the packers roster. He’s more proven than anyone on the chiefs roster.  He’s more proven than anyone in the Jets roster.  He’s more proven than anyone on the ravens roster.  I could keep going.  

Jordan Matthew’s is more proven than anyone on this Bills roster too.  He’s playing for the Panthers. He’s had multiple 900+ hard seasons too!  Git er dun

somehow you manage to say the same thing in every poast you make.  I’m the worst.  Yes.  

Jordan Mathew’s also proven he can hardly see the field over the past half dozen years or so. Real good comparison 

6 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Jordan Mathew’s also proven he can hardly see the field over the past half dozen years or so. Real good comparison 

And juju has a serious knee injury and was just cut by the patriots even though he was the only proven WR on their roster.  At this point, Matthews might even be faster than Juju at this point.  

But sure- highlight the one point and disregard the others.  “More proven” is the term you used…..as if that means something.  He is “more proven”-  and also more broken and more washed up.    Players can go from great to retired in a year or two.  

more proven means nothing

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And juju has a serious knee injury and was just cut by the patriots even though he was the only proven WR on their roster.  At this point, Matthews might even be faster than Juju at this point.  

But sure- highlight the one point and disregard the others.  “More proven” is the term you used…..as if that means something.  He is “more proven”-  and also more broken and more washed up.    Players can go from great to retired in a year or two.  

Keep thinking that. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

KJ Osborn has averaged over 600 yards receiving the last 3 years.    More than any receiver currently on the Bills in that span.   You should know that, he's not some unknown.   They got a slapped together corps of WR2's and WR3's and a second round rookie that some think will be a WR1.   Same formula as the Bills.

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

KJ Osborn has averaged over 600 yards receiving the last 3 years.    More than any receiver currently on the Bills in that span.   You should know that, he's not some unknown.   They got a slapped together corps of WR2's and WR3's and a second round rookie that some think will be a WR1.   Same formula as the Bills.

I actually spaced on Osborn-  completely forgot about him.  

So what’s your point?  He’s a better candidate for the Bills roster than NE’s and you think we should sign him?

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I actually spaced on Osborn-  completely forgot about him.  

So what’s your point?  He’s a better candidate for the Bills roster than NE’s and you think we should sign him?

Just correcting a clearly incorrect take by a fellow poster.   Kendrick Bourne is also proven.   He's on PUP but they expect him to be ready early in the season and be their top veteran WR.   Last I checked he was still ahead of Osborn their depth chart.   I just jumped into the thread at that point so I have no idea what you are trying to prove talking about another bottom tier WR corps but your information is false.

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Just correcting a clearly incorrect take by a fellow poster.   Kendrick Bourne is also proven.   He's on PUP but they expect him to be ready early in the season and be their top veteran WR.   Last I checked he was still ahead of Osborn their depth chart.   I just jumped into the thread at that point so I have no idea what you are trying to prove talking about another bottom tier WR corps but your information is false.

Thanks for correcting me.  Sorry that I spread false info.  

Osborn and Bourne are proven.  It’s funny how we never talked about how meaningful 600 yard seasons are until now.  

If that’s the case-  Samuel, MVS and Claypool are also “proven”.  Samuel and claypool both have higher YPG and catches per game than Osborn and Bourne.  MVS averages more YPG than the average of Bourne and Osborn.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2024 at 2:29 PM, Logic said:

Chiefs will sign him for vet min to be WR5 and Rashee suspension insurance from the slot.

On 8/9/2024 at 2:50 PM, TheWeatherMan said:

Picked up by the Chiefs in 3…2…

On 8/10/2024 at 9:36 PM, damj said:

I LOVE green pepper welfare burgers! 

Juju likes chicken nougies with Andy better than green pepper welfare burgers. 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

He's a good #4 for the Chiefs. Rice isn't getting suspended this year but Brown is already dealing with an injury and Worthy seems like he could be in for some abuse as teams start hitting him early in his routes

On 8/11/2024 at 1:26 PM, BananaB said:

He’s also not very good at this point in his career and couldn’t beat out Tyquan Thornton.

If we’re going to hire based on past accolades the Bills should’ve kept JuJu’s old teammate Chase Claypool

On 8/12/2024 at 12:15 PM, NewEra said:

Thanks for correcting me.  Sorry that I spread false info.  

Osborn and Bourne are proven.  It’s funny how we never talked about how meaningful 600 yard seasons are until now.  

If that’s the case-  Samuel, MVS and Claypool are also “proven”.  Samuel and claypool both have higher YPG and catches per game than Osborn and Bourne.  MVS averages more YPG than the average of Bourne and Osborn.  

I really liked Osborn in Minnesota and thought he would have been a great signing in Buffalo