Joe Buscaglia's Projected 53 man roster as of today

MikePJ76

19 minutes ago, section122 said:

I don't really think Collins having experience matters when he is so limited and frankly not good anymore.

But you can't have basically 4 rookies as your backups. I am with you that Collins is washed. But they might well keep him then cut him and sign a different vet. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

But you can't have basically 4 rookies as your backups. I am with you that Collins is washed. But they might well keep him then cut him and sign a different vet. 

there is also the issue of being able to sign vested veterans without having to guarantee their salaries for the whole season after week 1.

So the week 1 roster could look different (younger) than the roster post week 1.  

• Agree 1

Only disappointments would be Hamler and Davidson.  Hope he's right about them making it to the practice squad.  Certainly one of them could take the roster spot of Collins?  I like Ingram, Hardy, and Shavers making the team.  Was hoping for something out of Claypool but you can't make the team from the trainer's room.  

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I get that logic I just don't like it lol.  If Collins is playing you're screwed anyway so I'd rather they go with the youth and take the chance.  If the vet you speak of becomes available you can still make that move.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It is my hope this happens.  I agree it's risky having a bunch of players who are unproven.

A vet would help, and I truly believe a better one will be available on cutdown day.

I'm hoping for one that has worked with Kromer before.

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think maybe we keep 7 WR's

Shakir

Samuel

Coleman

MVS
Hollins

Hamler

Shavers

OBD has never kept more than 6 on roster since Beane arrived.  I do agree these are top 7 as of now but see Hamler going to PS and being first call up.

6 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

So a few things stand out, Will Clapp and Mike Edwards getting cut....Edwards with an injury settlement and Clapp being signed back to the Practice squad.  Also only 4 Defensive tackles.  Collins making the team over clapp would be surprising to me.  Also, Chase Claypool getting released and Zach Davidson getting waived.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5688177/2024/08/09/buffalo-bills-training-camp-preseason-53-man-roster-projection/

I listened to Joe’s podcast and it was a little weird.  He seemed a little pessimistic with this years Bills group and dismissive of some players who flashed in camp - which would explain his prediction that Davidson will be cut. 

He was also very down on the safety group which makes the release of Edward strange.  Only way I can see that happening would be if they brought back Hyde or signed Justin Simmons 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I listened to Joe’s podcast and it was a little weird.  He seemed a little pessimistic with this years Bills group and dismissive of some players who flashed in camp - which would explain his prediction that Davidson will be cut. 

He was also very down on the safety group which makes the release of Edward strange.  Only way I can see that happening would be if they brought back Hyde or signed Justin Simmons 

I mean he isn't the only one pessimistic. It is the worst roster we have had since 2018 IMO.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

So our Safety room would be Rapp, Hamlin, Bishop and Lewis?

I feel good about every unit on this team... except that.  But it's Safety, and McDermott/Babich have shown enough to be trusted with whatever the plan is there.

Bishop has a better chance of being on PUP to start the year than being on the active 53 roster

As for comparisons of old rosters

TE, LB(remember I never thought Edmunds was very good and LB depth is best it has ever been), IOL, and RB are much better

CB is maybe a bit better - Douglas is a notch below White at his best but is a #1 CB and Benford/Elam are better than Wallce/Jackson

DT, QB, and OT are about the same

DE, Safety, and WR downgrades 

Despite all the emphasis on STs they have yet to find a decent punter. 

PK is a wash.