Video: Why is Kamala Harris so reluctant to do an interview after becoming the Dem nominee?

She says she might do one by the end of August…ONE (1) by the end of the month- 3 weeks away…

That would mean she would have been a presumptive presidential candidate for roughly a month and a half, without doing a sit down interview…

This is very curious…With so little time before the election, wouldn’t you want to let people get to know you, and what you stand for?

Edited by JaCrispy

The question is "why is she reluctant to do an interview?"

The answer is "because she caught up with and passed Trump in the polls without doing an interview."

The explanation is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Sometimes politics is easy. Getting suckered by your opponent into giving him more attention in the press isn't in her interest right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The question is "why is she reluctant to do an interview?"

The answer is "because she caught up with and passed Trump in the polls without doing an interview."

The explanation is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Sometimes politics is easy. Getting suckered by your opponent into giving him more attention in the press isn't in her interest right now.

Good point…👍

But if you watch the video, Harris doesn’t look comfortable taking questions, where answers aren’t scripted…

Edited by JaCrispy

My favorite part was when she flubbed up the rapper question. I suppose she was joking when she said Tupac, not sure.  But then she could name anyone. Then she said she didn't want to mention anyone cuz she wanted them to stay in their lane or something whatever that means.  

Another politician too afraid to give an answer to an innocuous question like this.

Reminded me of the time in 2016 when the Bills were playing the Jets or Giants.  Tim Russert interviewed Hillary.  He closed out the interview with "who do you want to win the game Sunday?"  She said " I hope it's a good game and no one gets hurt."

This is not the first rapper question she's flubbed up.  Remember when she listened to Tupac and Snoop while getting high in college?  Makes me wonder if she really likes rap (not a bad thing if she doesn't).  She is portrayed as the cool young hip candidate.  But she is 59 years old.  Not ancient but not a spring chicken either.  She graduated from HS in 1982.  2  Live Crew wasn't even making records when she was in college.  When she was in college rap was MC Hammer, Run-DMC, Vanilla Ice, and The Sugar Hill Gang.  She's a phony on a lot of things so why not this too?

• Like (+1) 1

Because since Biden dropped out she's pulled into a statistical dead heat against Trump without doing any interviews.  The debate (or debates) are the only thing that's going to matter anyways as the most eyeballs will be on them along with the excessive media coverage that comes afterwards.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Good point…👍

But if you watch the video, Harris doesn’t look comfortable taking questions, where answers aren’t scripted…

Perhaps. If that’s the case, then she will be exposed during the debates and during any interviews scheduled after the Democratic Party convention. In the meantime, I’m guessing that her campaign team is specifically instructing her to keep a low profile while they iron out policy details leading up to this convention.

Actually…Kamala COULD avoid any difficult interviews altogether and cruise to an easy 303 electoral votes victory, provided the following occur:

1. A pivot to the center on immigration.

2. Clarifications of the messaging on crime, inflation, and transgender rights.

3. An unambiguous positioning to the left of Biden on the Gaza genocide.

4. Stylistic wins over Trump in the debates.

5. Strong campaign ground game efforts in the college towns of the six swing states (Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, and Nevada).

6. MOST IMPORTANT: the maintenance of good campaign vibes with delightfully irreverent memes. “Brat summer” must seamlessly transition to “brat fall.”

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Good point…👍

How do you feel "Helicopter Trump" did in his press conference? 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Starr-Bills said:

To me this looks a lot like a pre-scripted photo op arranged to show that she can do an interview without embarrassing herself.

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

Is that the one where he said the wrong last name of the guy?

No, it's the one where there was no emergency landing, he had the wrong guy, wrong race, wrong information and lied and made up everything, and probably believed the whole thing because he is deranged 

• Haha (+1) 1

If Trump avoided the media and went up in the polls the commies would freak out.

The reliable media would too.

The party of transparency is all about turbidity suddenly as long as their gal goes up in the polls.

Oh and to save democracy of course. Everything (that fits leftist narrative) can be about saving our democracy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

No, it's the one where there was no emergency landing, he had the wrong guy, wrong race, wrong information and lied and made up everything, and probably believed the whole thing because he is deranged 

Ok, so just the wrong name, thanks Tibs.

Just now, Tenhigh said:

Ok, so just the wrong name, thanks Tibs.

Really? Why are you lying to me? He lied about the whole thing, wrong guy, no emergency, just to lie about a smear of Harris

Are you ok? What are you trying to do? 

Kamala hiding while going up in the polls is precisely BECAUSE we have a disgusting, biased, weaponized (read reliable) media.

If we had an honest media that actually questioned her record on the border, economy etc. then she'd have no choice but to do press conferences and interviews to combat the legitimate questioning.

But we don't have an honest media. 

So she can hide.

And go up in the polls.

Commies cheer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Does it matter if she does a news conference or not?  You could replace her with a cardboard cutout.  If she wins, Obammy gets another four years.  What a mess.  

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Really? Why are you lying to me? He lied about the whole thing, wrong guy, no emergency, just to lie about a smear of Harris

Yes, we agree he said the wrong guy's last name.  How do you know he was lying about the helicopter being in trouble? Because Gavin Newsome said so?  My guess is that the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Your response is very weird. You sound like a bot. No one talks like that. Very strange.

• Dislike 1

32 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Kamala hiding while going up in the polls is precisely BECAUSE we have a disgusting, biased, weaponized (read reliable) media.

If we had an honest media that actually questioned her record on the border, economy etc. then she'd have no choice but to do press conferences and interviews to combat the legitimate questioning.

But we don't have an honest media. 

So she can hide.

And go up in the polls.

Commies cheer.

Didn’t notice you complaining about trump refusing to debate in the primaries or when he was up in the general. He actually refused to even consider an ABC  debate when he was ahead in the polls. Now he’s down and agrees. Good stuff for the good guys…

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever