Comeback Hollywood?

Dante

Over the past five years ive grown disenchanted and uninterested to Hollywoods offerings. Formulatic, politically laced, predictable plots have led to my indifference. However, to be fair, the last few months Hollywood has served up a few of the best movies in years. Today I saw Batman Begins at the IMAX which was fantastic. Last weekend it was Cinderella Man and a couple months ago it was Sin City. Not since Snatch have I been so enthused about movies. Up until this week my wife pretty much had to drag me to the theatres.

I get pretty enthused about snatch as well.

361897[/snapback]

me too. i get so enthused about snatch that i even went to go see Titantic and sat thru a DVD of You Got Served.

/shudder just thinking about YGS makes me wish that green sick face was available for regular posts instead of just topics

me too.  i get so enthused about snatch that i even went to go see Titantic and sat thru a DVD of You Got Served.

/shudder just thinking about YGS makes me wish that green sick face was available for regular posts instead of just topics

361906[/snapback]

I'm sorry. Titanic at least had special effects...but "You got Served"....

I'm sorry, Dev. really, I am. Really.

I have seen two movies so far, Star Wars and Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

I have to say the movies are both bad, and if these are some of the better ones coming out, Hollywood is in major trouble. There's a reason the ticket sales are down, because the movie scripts, acting and overall production is terrible.

me too.  i get so enthused about snatch that i even went to go see Titantic and sat thru a DVD of You Got Served.

361906[/snapback]

Please tell me you were intoxicated when you saw YGS...

I have seen two movies so far, Star Wars and Mr. and Mrs. Smith. 

I have to say the movies are both bad, and if these are some of the better ones coming out, Hollywood is in major trouble.  There's a reason the ticket sales are down, because the movie scripts, acting and overall production is terrible.

361992[/snapback]

Bad?!? ;) Surely you jest :( Wife and I saw both of those and loved them. Go see Batman Begins maybe that will perk you up ;)

I'm sorry. Titanic at least had special effects...but "You got Served"....

I'm sorry, Dev. really, I am. Really.

361920[/snapback]

Please tell me you were intoxicated when you saw YGS...

361996[/snapback]

appreciate it BiB, and EC I was quite sober when i saw You Got Served

but after watching You Got Served, at least I got served :(

Bad?!?  ;)  Surely you jest  :(  Wife and I saw both of those and loved them.  Go see Batman Begins maybe that will perk you up ;)

361998[/snapback]

You're kidding right? The acting was horrible in both. Special effects and looking at Angelina Jolie only goes so far.

The last really good movie that I can think of was Pirates of the Caribbean. There have been a few acceptable ones, but those two have been bad.

You're kidding right?  The acting was horrible in both.  Special effects and looking at Angelina Jolie only goes so far. 

The last really good movie that I can think of was Pirates of the Caribbean.  There have been a few acceptable ones, but those two have been bad.

362030[/snapback]

Actually no... oh well :( Pirates of the Caribbean was definitely a good movie. As I mentioned earlier go see Batman Begins, I think you will like it.

I was also pleasantly surprised by Batman Begins. I thought Mr and Mrs Smith was basically fluff, and Sin City was enjoyable if a bit childish, and I didn't see Star Wars.

362040[/snapback]

I am not saying Mr. and Mrs. Smith should win any awards, I simply enjoyed the movie for what it was.

I missed out on seeing Sin City, will have to catch that one on DVD.

My wife and me saw "Mad Hot Ballroom" yesterday. It's a documentary about 3 teams of 5th graders in NYC competing for a ballroom dance trophy (tango, swing, etc.). It turns out, the NYC public school system requires that all 5th graders take 10 weeks of ballroom dance instruction - It's a moving flick, and it does a bunch of good things for the kids. Lots of them talk about drunk dads and moms, drugs, etc., however.