Caleb Williams WILL play against Buffalo on Saturday

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Dude looked legit. The Bears might finally have a real QB and I'll be happy for them. I love the NFC North.

I don’t love the NFC North but you are absolutely correct. Caleb is going to be a legit star QB. He did not look like a rookie out there. 

He played great, and he's got the weapons to really help him excel.

The only thing I'd be cautious about is how well their new OC (Shane Waldron) will do after every opponent has tape on what he likes to do.

He could be great, or he could be Dorsey. Caleb is definitely talented enough, but who knows how that offense will look deeper into the season.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/8/2024 at 6:00 PM, Beast said:

I remember when Fields got his helmet knocked off in his rookie year against the Bills in a pre-season game.

I wonder if Edmunds will be playing.

Are these two sentences separate thoughts or the same?

On 8/9/2024 at 4:02 AM, Captain Hindsight said:

I don’t know why people care about this. His job depends heavily on taking care of his hands. I remember watching a story in the YES network about the Yankees catcher getting a manicure every week and picking the nail polish that would best allow the pitcher to see the signs. After he talked with his pitchers about how the manicure was helping his hands feel better over the course of the season, and How to nail polish was helping keep his fingernails intact,  other players started going with him. 

If Caleb Willams wants to wear pink and green nail polish, but he’s slinging TDs, who tf cares?

Are you protecting the identities of the manicuries?

Are they afraid of being outed?

What is your exact relationship with these metros?

How do you feel about pink polo shirts?

On 8/9/2024 at 4:19 AM, Matt_In_NH said:

Do bears poop in the woods?

I thought the saying was "Is a Bear Catholic?"

On 8/9/2024 at 3:09 PM, Draconator said:

Can't eat • DAIRY: Milk, cheese, yogurt, or ice cream • NO BEERS, WINE, or any alcoholic beverages • Bacon, sausages, deli meats, red meat should also be avoided • Bread, pasta, cereal,…

What does that leave for chrissakes?

12 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Real question, does his 2024 exceed Mahomes 2018 breakout season? 

6 hours ago, BigDingus said:

He played great, and he's got the weapons to really help him excel.

I was wondering if he could possibly do a CJ Stroud repeat.

Edited by Sierra Foothills

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

How do you feel about pink polo shirts?

Can't eat • DAIRY: Milk, cheese, yogurt, or ice cream • NO BEERS, WINE...

What does that leave for chrissakes?

Chicken wings with ranch sauce

BTW it takes a strong man to wear a pink polo

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Williams looked pretty good.  It's preseason and the Bills were terrible, but the kid showed some mobility and arm talent.  I posted up above that I thought Williams would be a bust.  Obviously, it's too small of a sample size to predict, but maybe I'm wrong and he'll end up living up to his 1st overall status.  I saw in this thread that he was on the TB-12 diet.  If don't know if that's a joke or serious.  If it's serious, I have to give the kid props for making sacrifices to be better at his job - which goes against what I knew/thought about him.

As to the Bills' performance, it was ugly.  I don't care that much, as it's the first preseason game and is not predictive of how the regular season will go.  It's one of the few times in my life that I literally shut off the TV and did something else when the Bills were on.  For preseason, I usually watch to the final gun to see if some 7th round draft pick or UDFA is going to make a couple of plays that might win them a roster spot with the Bills or elsewhere in the NFL.  This performance was just so bad that I couldn't even stomach doing that.  The ones I feel sorry for are the folks that paid good money for tickets, and spent their Saturday trekking out to the stadium to see that.  I hope they at least got to tailgate and have some fun in the nice Buffalo late-summer weather.

Edited by msw2112