Caleb Williams WILL play against Buffalo on Saturday

2 hours ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

I generally agree with you on the personality aspects and I'm not a huge fan of Murray or Williams personally but one major thing you are overlooking is that Williams objectively has incredible arm talent, significantly better that Murray's (and even most QBs taken #1 overall).  That's why all the scouts were so high on him. 

I'm not disputing this.  But Jamarcus Russell had unique arm talent too.  He could throw it 80 yards from his knees, but I have no idea how he was rated on touch and accuracy.  Obviously, whatever he showed in college was enough to get him drafted first overall and the same goes for Williams.

2 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Uh, Kyler Murray also objectively has incredible arm talent. You don't become the #1 overall pick at 5'7 as a QB because you don't have crazy arm talent. Not to mention he was drafted in the MLB. He throws faster than Caleb, actually. I strongly dislike Kyler Murray but you can't discount the dudes ability to throw the ball. 

In 2021, Kyler lead the league in deep passing accuracy 

In 2022, he was second in "regular accuracy" according to PFF

He has dealt with horrific coaching and REALLY bad rosters. Your statement is patently false. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/cardinals/analysis/analytics-show-kyler-murray-was-better-than-you-think-last-season

Murray was absolutely awful in the Cardinals playoff game against the Rams a few years back.  He has been good at times.  But overall average to a little bit above.  

He can be exciting to watch at least.  I think the Bills should beat the Cardinals handily on opening day.  Although Vegas doesn't seem to think so as we are only -6 1/2 which I find puzzling.  

10 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Murray was absolutely awful in the Cardinals playoff game against the Rams a few years back.  He has been good at times.  But overall average to a little bit above.  

He can be exciting to watch at least.  I think the Bills should beat the Cardinals handily on opening day.  Although Vegas doesn't seem to think so as we are only -6 1/2 which I find puzzling.  

We are talking about arm talent, not a single game. 

Caleb Williams has been horrible in some college games.... point? 

EDIT: We are only 6.5 point favorites because the Cardinals have a very good defense, the second or third best TE in football, MHJ, and Kyler Murray, who ... is annoying to play against and beat us when we were the best team in the league. 

Edited by warrior9

Just now, warrior9 said:

We are talking about arm talent, not a single game. 

Caleb Williams has been horrible in some college games.... point? 

I agree about Williams.  He was part of the hype machine that is big time college football programs.  And he sat on the bench and cried after losses.  

I am excited to see what he can do in the NFL though.  He does get the juices flowing a bit more then say Bo Nix does.

Murray has a good arm.  Most guys playing in the NFL should have that.  Except for Chad Pennington, of course.

• Haha (+1) 1

As someone who has watched a bunch of Oklahoma football, I consider Caleb Williams to have the arm strength and athleticism of Kyler Murray and the competitive fire & football IQ of Baker Mayfield.  And, I say that as someone who is not a Caleb Williams fan because he transferred from OU to USC.

Personally, I am just glad he ended up in the NFC, because I think he will be a very good NFL quarterback.   I should also add that I am correct 50% of the time! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Its fun for me to follow the stories of drafted QBs for a bit. Until they become what they are. 

At his price tag of being #1 I guess at the very least you want flashes of greatness on the field as the season goes on. 

Now you have CJ Stroud as an example of it all working out. I think that has more to do with everything else around him as well. So will the bears will have to roll it out as well. 

The Bills D is good reps for him. 

Edited by Lfod

8 hours ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

I generally agree with you on the personality aspects and I'm not a huge fan of Murray or Williams personally but one major thing you are overlooking is that Williams objectively has incredible arm talent, significantly better that Murray's (and even most QBs taken #1 overall).  That's why all the scouts were so high on him. 

And he's not a midget

8 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Uh, Kyler Murray also objectively has incredible arm talent. You don't become the #1 overall pick at 5'7 as a QB because you don't have crazy arm talent. Not to mention he was drafted in the MLB. He throws faster than Caleb, actually. I strongly dislike Kyler Murray but you can't discount the dudes ability to throw the ball. 

In 2021, Kyler lead the league in deep passing accuracy 

In 2022, he was second in "regular accuracy" according to PFF

He has dealt with horrific coaching and REALLY bad rosters. Your statement is patently false. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/cardinals/analysis/analytics-show-kyler-murray-was-better-than-you-think-last-season

Kyler’s arm is better than I thought it was coming into the league, the problem is that his athleticism hasn’t translated as well as I thought it would, I was surprised how easily he’s tracked down while trying to escape.

Just shows how athletic these NFL defenders are and gives you more respect for what Lamar and Allen are able to do running the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, MJS said:

But the real question is what color of nail polish he will be wearing 🤔 

I don’t know why people care about this. His job depends heavily on taking care of his hands. I remember watching a story in the YES network about the Yankees catcher getting a manicure every week and picking the nail polish that would best allow the pitcher to see the signs. After he talked with his pitchers about how the manicure was helping his hands feel better over the course of the season, and How to nail polish was helping keep his fingernails intact,  other players started going with him. 

If Caleb Willams wants to wear pink and green nail polish, but he’s slinging TDs, who tf cares?

• Eyeroll 1