Caleb Williams WILL play against Buffalo on Saturday

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I don’t know why people care about this. His job depends heavily on taking care of his hands. I remember watching a story in the YES network about the Yankees catcher getting a manicure every week and picking the nail polish that would best allow the pitcher to see the signs. After he talked with his pitchers about how the manicure was helping his hands feel better over the course of the season, and How to nail polish was helping keep his fingernails intact,  other players started going with him. 

If Caleb Willams wants to wear pink and green nail polish, but he’s slinging TDs, who tf cares?

Lighten up.

10 hours ago, julian said:

Kyler’s arm is better than I thought it was coming into the league, the problem is that his athleticism hasn’t translated as well as I thought it would, I was surprised how easily he’s tracked down while trying to escape.

Just shows how athletic these NFL defenders are and gives you more respect for what Lamar and Allen are able to do running the ball.

Very very fair take. Although I do think his athleticism was incredible before his injury. He has some incredible runs and incredible plays that he creates with his legs. 

I think his athleticism for being as small as he is ... is quite impressive in the NFL. 2500 rushing yards and 26 TDs in 4 years isn't something to balk at. 

I think the 2 things holding him back in the league are: 

1.) He's obviously too short

2.) More importantly is his attitude and commitment (or seemingly lack thereof) to the game/ studying. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The worst part is the commentators will be drooling all over him all game long about his pick status in the draft, he's the 2nd coming of Manning/Brady, how he can do no wrong, etc.

If ever i wanted to see a "bounty" implemented in the NFL, just one afternoon would be all it would take.........probably even less than 10 minutes for that payday.

19 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Murray was absolutely awful in the Cardinals playoff game against the Rams a few years back.  He has been good at times.  But overall average to a little bit above.  

He can be exciting to watch at least.  I think the Bills should beat the Cardinals handily on opening day.  Although Vegas doesn't seem to think so as we are only -6 1/2 which I find puzzling.  

Arizona was kind of good when Kyler first came back and before other injuries crushed them. Think I remember seeing they were top 10 in DVOA for a little bit there including what was at the time a huge upset over Philly. They seemingly figured out McBride is a very good receiving TE at the end of the year, Wilson showed some nice flashes, and now they have MHJ there too. There’s a chance they’re one of those surprise teams this year. I personally don’t feel strongly about them but stranger things have happened. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Beast said:

I remember when Fields got his helmet knocked off in his rookie year against the Bills in a pre-season game.

I wonder if Edmunds will be playing.

Yeah he got his welcome to the NFL moment against the Bills in preseason, nice of the Bears to want that again.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HankBulloughMellencamp said:

They list him at 6-1, 215, so he's Fitzpatrick sized... 😶

so he's probably closer to 6-0, or a shade under that.

Agile, sure. Big ego? Check. But definitely not a big dude.

and def not 5'6" - 5'7". Huge difference in size between these two

Edited by Herc11

On 8/8/2024 at 2:15 PM, msw2112 said:

I could see Williams being another Kyler Murray.  Very talented, but more of a "me" guy that isn't a great "team" guy.  A guy who will make some great plays based on superior athleticism, but not willing to focus on the fundamentals required to be consistently successful.  My hunches on these guys are usually correct, but I've also been wrong before, so it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.  Obviously, the NFL scouts disagreed with me, as he was the consensus #1 overall pick, but, then again, so was Murray.

I agree 💯.  He came across that way to me watching the draft.   Body language etc all screamed “me”

22 hours ago, julian said:

Kyler’s arm is better than I thought it was coming into the league, the problem is that his athleticism hasn’t translated as well as I thought it would, I was surprised how easily he’s tracked down while trying to escape.

Just shows how athletic these NFL defenders are and gives you more respect for what Lamar and Allen are able to do running the ball.

And Murray is an idiot.  

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I hope we break the punks ribs...after picking him off 3x.  Yeah I said it.

I’m not going to say that’s appropriate.. but I’m not going to disagree either.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I mean, there is no game planning, so he should be able to make some plays against any defense in the preseason, including ours.  The question will be what happens when defenses key in on his strengths and takes them away when the real bullets start flying.  

I fully expect him to complete some passes today against us and he'll probably bust off a scramble or two.  The Bears and their fans will get super excited and that's how it goes with most rookie QBs.  Even Allen's first preseason action, while he didn't play great, he made a couple of plays and even had a "WOW" moment on the TD in the front corner of the end zone late that showed off that rocket arm.  It was enough to get us excited and I am sure Williams will have a couple of those plays today.  Will be fun to watch!  Just hope nobody gets hurt.

• Thank you (+1) 1