Caleb Williams WILL play against Buffalo on Saturday

35 minutes ago, MJS said:

But the real question is what color of nail polish he will be wearing 🤔 

Well since it is a home game I expect he will accessorize with his jersey's colors.

• Agree 1

I could see Williams being another Kyler Murray.  Very talented, but more of a "me" guy that isn't a great "team" guy.  A guy who will make some great plays based on superior athleticism, but not willing to focus on the fundamentals required to be consistently successful.  My hunches on these guys are usually correct, but I've also been wrong before, so it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.  Obviously, the NFL scouts disagreed with me, as he was the consensus #1 overall pick, but, then again, so was Murray.

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I could see Williams being another Kyler Murray.  Very talented, but more of a "me" guy that isn't a great "team" guy.  A guy who will make some great plays based on superior athleticism, but not willing to focus on the fundamentals required to be consistently successful.  My hunches on these guys are usually correct, but I've also been wrong before, so it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.  Obviously, the NFL scouts disagreed with me, as he was the consensus #1 overall pick, but, then again, so was Murray.

I generally agree with you on the personality aspects and I'm not a huge fan of Murray or Williams personally but one major thing you are overlooking is that Williams objectively has incredible arm talent, significantly better that Murray's (and even most QBs taken #1 overall).  That's why all the scouts were so high on him. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

I generally agree with you on the personality aspects and I'm not a huge fan of Murray or Williams personally but one major thing you are overlooking is that Williams objectively has incredible arm talent, significantly better that Murray's (and even most QBs taken #1 overall).  That's why all the scouts were so high on him. 

Uh, Kyler Murray also objectively has incredible arm talent. You don't become the #1 overall pick at 5'7 as a QB because you don't have crazy arm talent. Not to mention he was drafted in the MLB. He throws faster than Caleb, actually. I strongly dislike Kyler Murray but you can't discount the dudes ability to throw the ball. 

In 2021, Kyler lead the league in deep passing accuracy 

In 2022, he was second in "regular accuracy" according to PFF

He has dealt with horrific coaching and REALLY bad rosters. Your statement is patently false. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/cardinals/analysis/analytics-show-kyler-murray-was-better-than-you-think-last-season

17 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

I don't question Murray's arm strength.  He almost played pro baseball as an outfielder and he can sling it.  I more question his dedication to the sport.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'm more interested to see how Rome Odunze looks against our DB's.

If he plays. The Bears could pull a "Giants" move. I was looking forward to watching Nabers tonight vs the Lions but...

Jordan Raanan on X: "As noted on @SportsCenter just now: Most Giants starters, including quarterback Daniel Jones and rookie WR Malik Nabers, are not expected to play tonight in their preseason opener against the Lions, per sources. They had two intense joint-practices with the Lions this week." / X