How much are you willing to pay for a good beef on weck sandwich?

Another Fan

It wasn't a beef on weck, but I had an Italian Beef in Chicago last week and spent $11 at Ciccio's on the Navy Pier.

It was worth every penny.  The crusty bread was perfect and the peppers were just right in terms of heat.

I shook the hand of the guy who made it before leaving and thanked him sincerely.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CookieG said:

It wasn't a beef on weck, but I had an Italian Beef in Chicago last week and spent $11 at Ciccio's on the Navy Pier.

It was worth every penny.  The crusty bread was perfect and the peppers were just right in terms of heat.

I shook the hand of the guy who made it before leaving and thanked him sincerely.

Next time... Order the: "Combo Sammich"... It adds a link of Italian sausage.

I also add: Mozzarella w/hot & sweet peppers.  Order it wet.

Wetness scale:

Dry

Wet

Dipped

About $10 @ local places. The Pier gouges...

Combo21-e1424972943778.jpg

https://www.312beef.com/single-post/2017/06/29/How-to-Order-an-Italian-Beef-Like-Pro

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/14/2024 at 11:15 AM, Bill from NYC said:

Sadly, 15 dollars is a great price for an excellent sandwich these days. 

Last week I went to Katz's Deli and got a pastrami on rye and a Dr. Browns cream soda. It cost me more than 30 dollars in all. The sandwich had enough meat for 3 people (of course I ate it all) and was delicious. Still, I don't know how much longer these price hikes can keep up before the economy bursts.

https://localmenu.katzsdelicatessen.com/menu-and-local/hot-sandwiches.html

yea though I wouldn’t call that a remotely average sandwich price anymore than I would a foot long lobster roll price. 

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

How is this gross? Close-up:

s821782712858902785_p2_i3_w940.png

Melted mozzarella can be added too.

Never had one of these with a sausage in it but I've had the Italian beef sandwiches in Chicago a few times and it blows away a Beef on weck 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Never had one of these with a sausage in it but I've had the Italian beef sandwiches in Chicago a few times and it blows away a Beef on weck 

Yeah... When ordering,  just ask for the "combo sandwich." They will toss the link into that mess!

If you're gonna get taken out by your diet... Might as well go big!😆🤣 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

How is this gross? Close-up:

s821782712858902785_p2_i3_w940.png

Melted mozzarella can be added too.

I just might need to wear my genuine souvenir Maid Of The Mist poncho if I tried one of those! 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/14/2024 at 10:23 AM, boater said:

When the craving for Beef on Weck strikes....

I buy the Weck rolls at Wegmans, plus a container of their sliced "London Broil" and it is as good as the best restaurants, at half the price.  The London Broil is really good.

It's even better than half price when you consider drinks, tips, and tax for a restaurant sit down.

A Wegmans close to where I live sells kimmelweck rolls.  Thrn I get some very thin sliced roast beef and have my own.

Whrn I’m in toen Andersons I will go get one from unless there are plans to go eat somewhere that might have it. OnNF blvd you have tends and andersons next to each other

there was a place along the river that did a berf on weck with fries and a few wings as one dish.

I paid only $12.95 for a beef on weck with fries today. With an Arnold Palmer, tax and tip it came in just under $21. I can make one I enjoy more, but this is just so easy and near my house. 

Edited by Augie