Training Camp 8/8

6 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I would not be shocked if it's 7 WR. 6 is more likely, but Brady has been preaching position less football. If it comes down to Hamler and Shavers I think they try to sneak Shavers onto the practice squad 

That pesky TE problem with Morris and Davidson ....

No way it's 7

calling it

PS will be full of talent this season methinks

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

That pesky TE problem with Morris and Davidson ....

No way it's 7

calling it

PS will be full of talent this season methinks

So, we don’t suck?  

Other teams are going to be hot after our scraps, like we used to be at cutdown time. 

We have some spots I’d certainly like to improve, but I like our chances. 

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

Man I love our quarterback. They need to pay him whatever he wants as soon as he wants it make it a forever contract.

That’s not quite how it works. He has a forever contract. It’s an exercise of gradually climbing the ladder as the tide rises and keeping the QB as “the bank of cap adjustments”. I love him too, he will be paid, and he will work with the team as needed for cap reasons. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I will say that after being pretty doom and Gloom about our receiving prospects in April and May I am pleasantly surprised to be having discussions of how deep we are.

Chase Claypool had what, two 800+ yard seasons and right now he's on the outside looking in with a rookie who looks like he can do what Claypool does better.

Same-  I was hoping that we would’ve made a bigger splash after trading Diggs but, if Joe Brady turns out to be a legit OC, I think we have enough firepower to win a Super Bowl.  Play to the players’ strengths, be multidimensional and confuse opposing defenses with different groupings of playmakers.  Throw Keon, Mack (or Kincaid), Knox and Alec Anderson out there with cook, Davis or even Samuel in the backfield and run play action.  Our WRs ability to block and our TEs/RBs ability to run routes and catch is among the best in the league.  We will have the ability to confuse-  we just need to have the play caller that knows how to do it.  🙏🏻 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Haha, that's the best PBP announcing clip of ALL-TIME!  Dierdorf adding comic relief and perfect timing...

Eventually he will get bored of that tho...it's like being a Ferrari and asked to drive in a 30 mph zone the whole game.

There is that.

Like when you escape an LA freeway moving at a glacial pace just to barrel into a speed trap.

As long as Brady has his fingers on the pulse and knows when to let Allen's inner dog off the chain - call a few QB runs or deep shots.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Joe Marino thinks return duties between KJ Hardy, and Isabella will determine one roster spot.  Bills will only keep 1 of those 3

Ya that sounds about right and that's what I think as well.

I just think Hardy will win that since he's a draft pick and will be backup slot to Taron.

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Joe Marino thinks return duties between KJ Hardy, and Isabella will determine one roster spot.  Bills will only keep 1 of those 3

I have a feeling both Hamler and Hardy make the roster. They both should 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Jesus.  A long shot WR trying to salvage his career and a rookie 2nd round safety not being ready for the opener means we’re doomed?

Get a grip.

Every team has some minor injuries even if they are very fortunate with injuries. It's a violent sport. 

42 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

aint to worry LA.

we gots depth

Relax guys...we're hardly doomed. I used the term snakebit because we've run into a little bad luck. I know we have depth but it's also alot of unproven "new player" depth.  We need all hands on deck so McD can determine the best 53.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Same-  I was hoping that we would’ve made a bigger splash after trading Diggs but, if Joe Brady turns out to be a legit OC, I think we have enough firepower to win a Super Bowl.  Play to the players’ strengths, be multidimensional and confuse opposing defenses with different groupings of playmakers.  Throw Keon, Mack (or Kincaid), Knox and Alec Anderson out there with cook, Davis or even Samuel in the backfield and run play action.  Our WRs ability to block and our TEs/RBs ability to run routes and catch is among the best in the league.  We will have the ability to confuse-  we just need to have the play caller that knows how to do it.  🙏🏻 

Gosh dang it

it really is The Answer to the Big Question.

I might add

Need the assistant/position Coaches to be full on as well. And we got this ☺️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Allen looks much slimmer to me than in past years. Might affect his ability to shrug off pass rushers and power through a tackle at the goal line, but his speed and stamina should be better.

I’m kinda worried about this too, he looks probably 15lbs lighter, and it wasn’t broken so why change it. But oh well.Ok Fine Whatever GIF by MOODMAN

9 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Been pumping KJ Hamler since the Bills signed him at the end of last season dude was on his way to a really nice career in Denver.
Man if he can stay away from the injury bug that’s gotten him the last 3 years and still only 25 years old. 

Does his girlfriend know you've been pumping him?

• Shocked 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Allen looks much slimmer to me than in past years. Might affect his ability to shrug off pass rushers and power through a tackle at the goal line, but his speed and stamina should be better.

Been thinking the same thing. I hope he didn’t let Brady get in his head with the fat jokes. He is a lot slimmer. I don’t even really think his stamina was a problem. 

45 minutes ago, 0017 said:

I’m kinda worried about this too, he looks probably 15lbs lighter, and it wasn’t broken so why change it. But oh well.Ok Fine Whatever GIF by MOODMAN

Honestly, I think even more than 15lbs. He was a chonky boy in training camp last year.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

So, we don’t suck?  

Other teams are going to be hot after our scraps, like we used to be at cutdown time. 

We have some spots I’d certainly like to improve, but I like our chances. 

That’s not quite how it works. He has a forever contract. It’s an exercise of gradually climbing the ladder as the tide rises and keeping the QB as “the bank of cap adjustments”. I love him too, he will be paid, and he will work with the team as needed for cap reasons. 

Until his Hollywood gF asks him to move to LA !   Go Bills !

2 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Man I love our quarterback. They need to pay him whatever he wants as soon as he wants it make it a forever contract.

He should never wear another jersey on his back.  He should be handled exactly like Big Ben was in Pittsburgh.   Even when it was obvious he didnt have it anymore he was a Steeler until he retired.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

if that bishop injury is accurate his whole rookie season is basically a wash.  He will have no practice time and they will be hesitant to put him in games as the season goes on.

not having your 2nd rounder as a contributor is a big blow to the team.  They needed bishop to be a player right away.

hopefully he gets on the field for the final preseason game and the report is false.

I agree, you want your second round pick to contribute  and hopefully start..  On the other hand, Hamlin's improvement appears to be legitimate and entirely unexpected.  That lessens the disappointment of Bishop's injury and the resulting delay in development.  

• Like (+1) 1