Training Camp 8/8

• Simon pinned this topic
15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

James Cook needs to do something about his focus.  Every time the ball is thrown to him, I hold my breath even if it's an easy catchable ball.

Cook and Bass are both on the All-Pro "Hold My Breath" team. MVP is a runner-up. Fortunately, they have teammates who are among the most clutch in the league, including Allen, Kincaid, Shakir, and, to judge from training camp, Coleman. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

makes sense allen and the line will play this week a few series.  They are home and next week he wont play at all after joint practices with the steelers.

I hope allen hands off to Davis 8 times and gets the hell out of there.

8 minutes ago, finn said:

Cook and Bass are both on the All-Pro "Hold My Breath" team. MVP is a runner-up. Fortunately, they have teammates who are among the most clutch in the league, including Allen, Kincaid, Shakir, and, to judge from training camp, Coleman. 

The one thing that gives me hope for Cook is that last year in training camp Shakir was "Hold My Breath" team captain.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Magox said:

First it was Kincaid, then Josh and now McD.

For those that just want to say "nothing to see here".

Okey dokey

I know Josh said he doesn't necessarily "miss" Diggs but he mentioned missing the production. I didn't see what Kincaid said tho, what was it?

25 minutes ago, Magox said:

First it was Kincaid, then Josh and now McD.

For those that just want to say "nothing to see here".

Okey dokey

Tell me you cut out the cancer without saying you cut out the cancer.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I know Josh said he doesn't necessarily "miss" Diggs but he mentioned missing the production. I didn't see what Kincaid said tho, what was it?

It was similar to McDermott's, I don't have the quote right here and it was rather innocuous but something along the lines that there is a vibe of unselfishness permeating through the team.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

It was similar to McDermott's, I don't have the quote right here and it was rather innocuous but something along the lines that there is a vibe of unselfishness permeating through the team.

Yeah, that seems to track with what some other guys have said, that there's just a more positive and relaxed vibe around the team. We know Diggs is "ultra competitive" but it sounds like he'd rely on that as an excuse to justify weenie-like behavior. That stuff only goes so far before people around you just get tired of it and feel like they have to walk on eggshells around you. Brady and Allen also don't have to worry about how to ensure he gets his ten targets per game or whatever. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

One update from Matt Parrino:

Just when I give MVS some love he drops a dime from Allen over the middle. Terrell Bernard was in coverage and harassing him a little but man, you gotta make that catch. He had some drops yesterday too. 

Speaking of drops, you know who never has them? Khalil Shakir. He's got three catches on three targets today and just makes it look easy.

Dion Dawkins in back today. I don't see KJ Hamler out here so my guess is he's banged up and won't play Saturday but we'll have to see how the next few days goes. No injury specifics on him.

Dawson Knox with two catches today and the hands look sharp.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Anyone worried that none of our receivers will be doubled, and that leaves an extra defender possibly coming after Josh?

Dissuade my worries please.

Extra defender coming means cover 0.  If this tweet doesnt dissuade your worries then your BBFS runs deep.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1