Trump Press Conference 9/6 @ Noon. Commie-la When?

1 minute ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

A below average president whose political impotence helped contribute to the rise of neoliberalism. Far from the worst ever, however. I don’t feel like treading into the deep weeds of 1970’s macroeconomics right now, but my basic opinion is that the underlying issues went well beyond the purview of his office. Reagan, in fact, ended up benefiting greatly from Carter’s chairman of the Federal Reserve (Paul Volcker).

As for the non-economics stuff: I think Carter was pretty good on the environment, civil rights, and foreign diplomacy. Mixed feelings on the Carter Doctrine. The Iran hostage crisis was poorly handled, no doubt, though its occurrence was a consequence of several decades of American imperialism that happened to blow up on Carter’s watch.

Sure, though a lot of PEPFAR’s success can be attributed to its subsequent years, once all the ridiculous Christian moralizing that imbued the program during its earliest incarnation was removed.

Bottom line: I do like PEPFAR, but it doesn’t move the approval needle for me when you factor in the second Iraq war, Afghanistan, the loss of freedoms from the Patriot Act, the inability to prevent 9/11, his Katrina response, causal factors of the Great Recession, the national debt, global warming denialism, all of the LGBT bigotry, etc…

GWB not only failed to address major crises that were presented to him, but he unnecessarily created entirely new ones and failed to anticipate others on the distant horizon.

Ugh…fine. I’ll bump him slightly ahead of Andrew Johnson. Happy now??

Fair enough.

FWIW, my personal worst president ever is John Tyler. The bastard was buried under a confederate flag!

• Shocked 1

50 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Cater's wars and deficits? Reagan took those deficits to a much higher level 

Pure nonsense.

I notice you mentioned nothing about "Carters wars," whatever that means, but his gross failure in the hostage rescue attempt is noteworthy.

The Reagan/Volker response to the Carter "misery index," (inflation plus interest rates), is what set the stage for the Clinton results.

Carter was useless.

Despised by the military.

An economic disaster.

A phony who was disliked by his own Secret Service people.

Just a useless goof.

Edited by sherpa

15 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Oh huh, look at that, news to me. Both the FBI saying his ear was ‘definitely hit by a bullet’ and you believing the FBI. Guess he is right, he is a very fast healer, maybe he’s Wolverine and that is why it was only a squib’s worth of blood, he was healing already as he was going to the ground. I stand corrected, thanks for enlightening me. Btw I never said there wasn’t an attempt.

Do you think the FBI lied?  Do you think you can’t be grazed by a bullet? And again the point is he was almost assassinated.  Your side went on for years about January 6 and how they were almost all killed by an unarmed mob with a fake guillotine. 

9 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Pure nonsense.

I notice you mentioned nothing about "Carters wars," whatever that means, but his gross failure in the hostage rescue attempt is noteworthy.

The Reagan/Volker response to the Carter "misery index," (inflation plus interest rates), is what set the stage for the Clinton results.

Carter was useless.

Despised by the military.

An economic disaster.

A phony who was disliked by his own Secret Service people.

Just a useless goof.

Carter appointed Volker. So Carter gets credit for that. And Reagan did have giant deficits. Carter was a good man 

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Do you think the FBI lied?  Do you think you can’t be grazed by a bullet? And again the point is he was almost assassinated.  Your side went on for years about January 6 and how they were almost all killed by an unarmed mob with a fake guillotine. 

I didn’t say they lied. The point I was making that he was not hit in the ear, I stand corrected, didn’t look like it to me, but i didn’t do the investigation or the medical examination (which we still haven’t seen). I think my post specifically said he was shot at.

and you’re drifting, but people were running through the capital yelling hang Mike pence. He had to hide in a sub parking area and refused to get in his car with the USSS. Why, tweets and speeches by old healed one ear felon.  🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Carter appointed Volker. So Carter gets credit for that. And Reagan did have giant deficits. Carter was a good man 

Volker was Volker.

Carter deserves no credit for that.

What he was was a lying, useless, disingenuous phony, dislike by the American people, hated by the military and his own Secret Service group, who saw him for what he was.  

Just now, sherpa said:

Volker was Volker.

Carter deserves no credit for that.

What he was was a lying, useless, disingenuous phony, dislike by the American people, hated by the military and his own Secret Service group, who saw him for what he was.  

Carter sure does deserve credit for appointing a man with a plan to fight inflation, which, you know, worked. Reagan benefitted from Carter's good, tough decision 

Carter was such a good man 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Carter sure does deserve credit for appointing a man with a plan to fight inflation, which, you know, worked. Reagan benefitted from Carter's good, tough decision 

Carter was such a good man 

A horrible president.

I have no issue with his post presidency, although the Carter election verification thing is total bull####, (know what they do to proclaim credibility?), like the rest of his legacy, but he was a HORRIBLE president.

Simply horrible.

Edited by sherpa

4 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

I didn’t say they lied. The point I was making that he was not hit in the ear, I stand corrected, didn’t look like it to me, but i didn’t do the investigation or the medical examination (which we still haven’t seen). I think my post specifically said he was shot at.

and you’re drifting, but people were running through the capital yelling hang Mike pence. He had to hide in a sub parking area and refused to get in his car with the USSS. Why, tweets and speeches by old healed one ear felon.  

Fair enough on the first paragraph. 

As for the second, when do you suppose he told them to hang Mike Pence? Considering they came to the capital with a (fake) gallows. Do you think they want to gallows-are-us that morning?  And no congressperson came anywhere close to being injured like Trump was that day.

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, sherpa said:

A horrible president.

I have no issue with his post presidency, although the Carter election verification thing is total bull####, (know what they do to proclaim credibility?), like the rest of his legacy, but he was a HORRIBLE president.

Simply horrible.

Anyway, I was in a restaurant in North East, Pa, which is in the northwest of Pa on Lake Erie, and we met a couple from Virginia. They were saying how lovely Virginia wine is! I was like, wow! lol 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Anyway, I was in a restaurant in North East, Pa, which is in the northwest of Pa on Lake Erie, and we met a couple from Virginia. They were saying how lovely Virginia wine is! I was like, wow! lol 

I’ve really like living in VA over Buffalo.

——-

Voters: How do you think you can get more black people to vote for you Mr. Trump

Trump:

• Haha (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So you were in a restaurant is "North East PA, which is in the northwest of PA."

Does what you post even make sense to you?

Just to save time, regarding your accusation re Reagan deficits, do you remember how Congress used to work.

You know, when we actually had a budget submitted and approved?

If not, I'll remind you of Reagan's attempt to get a line item veto to handle what are now called "earmarks" which are nothing more than getting the taxpayer to pay for stupid expenditures that added to the budget.

Remember any of that?

Edited by sherpa

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

Fair enough on the first paragraph. 

As for the second, when do you suppose he told them to hang Mike Pence? Considering they came to the capital with a (fake) gallows. Do you think they want to gallows-are-us that morning?  And no congressperson came anywhere close to being injured like Trump was that day.

Sigh.

okay. 1. He sent tweets saying pence failed/let him down. They brought the gallows (symbolic or not) and extrapolated on his tweets with the, uh assets on hand.

2. He seemed to approve.

3. That’s why they drew weapons on the floor of the house. Tourists.

3 minutes ago, sherpa said:

North East PA, which is in the northwest of PA."

Map of “northeast pa in north west pa. (Note. Maybe VA wine is better than central NY wine, but  that’s a low bar.

• Haha (+1) 1

Harris Team Fact Checked It:

Donald Trump’s Very Good, Very Normal Press Conference

Split Screen: Joy and Freedom vs. Whatever the Hell That Was

Donald Trump took a break from taking a break to put on some pants and host a p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ public meltdown.

We have a lot to say about it. Here are some initial thoughts – with more to come.

He hasn’t campaigned all week. He isn’t going to a single swing state this week. But he sure is mad Kamala Harris and Tim Walz are getting big crowds across the battlegrounds.

The facts were hard to track and harder to find in Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago meltdown this afternoon.

He lied. He attacked the media. He made excuses for why he’s off the campaign trail.

We’re here to help because his staff clearly isn’t.

But first, an important reminder on the question Donald didn’t answer: how he will vote on the Florida abortion referendum. (He has been ducking this question since April.)

We worked to pin down reality so Donald Trump, bless his heart, doesn’t have to. Here are the facts:

We had 12,000 and 15,000 people in Wisconsin and Michigan yesterday, respectively (Not 2,000.)

The ABC debate is September 10th. Not the 25th.

People have spoken to bigger crowds than Donald Trump. (Obama, Clinton, literally anyone at Lollapalooza, Coachella, the World Cup…)

January 6th was decidedly nothing like MLK’s “I Have a Dream” speech. And Trump did not get a bigger crowd than Martin Luther King Jr. on that historic day.

There was famously not a “peaceful transfer” of power after the 2020 election, which Donald Trump fought to overturn. (Famously.)

Five police officers died because of January 6th.

Donald Trump said he was off the trail this week because of the Democratic convention. (That convention is not happening this week.)

Trump said they have commercials at a level no one else does. (He is being drastically outspent on the airwaves.)

Governor Josh Shapiro is actually a great guy.

Project 2025 author Tom Homan, the “father” of Trump’s cruel child separation policy, is not a person to praise.

Jewish people should not “have their head examined” for not supporting him. (That’s actually antisemitic.)

Trump said he was not complaining. He in fact very much was.

Trump does not know the difference between asylum seekers and an insane asylum.

Donald Trump does not “cherish” the Constitution.

Abortion is not “less of an issue” for voters. It is not “subdued.” It is not a “small issue” for voters, despite how much Donald Trump wants it to be.

Donald Trump did not answer the abortion question “very well in the debate.”

Everybody did not want Roe v. Wade overturned. The American people do not support states banning abortion.

After-birth abortion does not exist.

Minnesota and Virginia are not the same.

Donald Trump doesn’t know what progressive means.

Kamala Harris does not want to take away everyone’s guns. Tim Walz is a gun owner.

Vice President Harris does not support an arms embargo on Israel.

Donald Trump could not remember Tim Walz’s name.

Donald Trump’s tax cuts are not the biggest in history.

We don’t know what “the transgender became such a big thing” is supposed to mean.

Donald Trump will cut Social Security – just like he proposed every year he was in office.

Government was not weaponized against Trump and Steve Bannon.

Mail ballots are secure.

We agree – Elon IS a different kind of guy.

There are no polls that say Donald Trump is going to win in a landslide.

The MAGA base is not 75% of the country.

Edited by Backintheday544
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

He answered them with lies.  How is that better than not answering them at all? Because when he lied, he, in fact, DIDN'T answer the questions.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, sherpa said:

So you were in a restaurant is "North East PA, which is in the northwest of PA."

Does what you post even make sense to you? 

Yes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_East,_Pennsylvania

3 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

I’ve really like living in VA over Buffalo.

——-

Voters: How do you think you can get more black people to vote for you Mr. Trump

Trump:

Wow, just keep talking Donald, please! 

3 hours ago, sherpa said:

Just to save time, regarding your accusation re Reagan deficits, do you remember how Congress used to work.

You know, when we actually had a budget submitted and approved?

If not, I'll remind you of Reagan's attempt to get a line item veto to handle what are now called "earmarks" which are nothing more than getting the taxpayer to pay for stupid expenditures that added to the budget.

Remember any of that?

Reagan ran huge deficits. Why the bull sh it?