Trump Press Conference 9/6 @ Noon. Commie-la When?

Just now, ComradeKayAdams said:

THANK YOU. From my unapologetically biased perspective as a progressive, I’d easily rank him as the worst president of the American Neoliberal Era (1980-2024+):

1. Clinton

2. Obama

3. Reagan

4. Bush Sr.

5. Biden

6. Trump

7. GWB

He’s probably in the running for worst ever…even worse than the likes of Johnson, Buchanan, Harding, etc.

No chance. PEPFAR is one of the greatest, most successful international policy programs in history

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

You guys love to line up to blow Donnie, don’t you all?

We have Taylor Swift, they have gross ladies who hang at the bar at Applebees 

i would rather be a gross lady at Applebees than a feckless beauty queen with delusions of moral superiority at... Salvatore's? (Salvatore's is the only Buffalo area "fancy" restaurant i know).

33 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

i would rather be a gross lady at Applebees than a feckless beauty queen with delusions of moral superiority at... Salvatore's? (Salvatore's is the only Buffalo area "fancy" restaurant i know).

One of those examples shaves the kitty the other has a beaver running up to her belly button.   I'll take the dumb one.

Edited by L Ron Burgundy

No, no Miranda. Asking the other candidate to open herself to the same scrutiny, even though it would be a softball fest, is getting on your knees and blowing Trump dontcha know?

41 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Reliable media

Iron law of woke projection.

Double shot.

Nothing like insulting the woman reporter before she even finishes her question to win hearts and minds. Nice guy. 

42 minutes ago, phypon said:

I knew this was coming.  I'm sure the MSM will be all over it.  I guess you have never been in a large room before.

It was about the fact that he is such a “fast healer”. 

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Yeah it’s easy to do when you’re not expected to give any answer of substance and the media is too ***** to call you out on it

Is this satire?

1 hour ago, Starr-Bills said:

Nothing like insulting the woman reporter before she even finishes her question to win hearts and minds. Nice guy. 

It was about the fact that he is such a “fast healer”. 

So you’re still denying that he got shot at? :rolleyes: 

4 hours ago, Roundybout said:

???

The survey, conducted by Marquette Law School between July 24 and August 1, shows that when third party candidates are included, Harris leads among likely voters with 50 percent of the vote to Trump's 42 percent. The surge by Harris has improved the Democrats' position since May, when Trump was leading with 44 percent of the vote to Joe Biden's 41 percent.

Harris is also leading among registered voters, with 47 percent of the vote to Trump's 41 percent. In Marquette Law School's last poll in May, Trump was three points ahead of Biden among registered voters, securing 40 percent of the vote to the president's 37 percent.

Harris is also leading her opponent in a head-to-head matchup with the support of 52 percent of registered voters, while Trump is the choice for 48 percent.

https://www.newsweek.com/kamala-harris-eight-point-lead-donald-trump-new-poll-presidential-election-1936246

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Coffeesforclosers said:

We aren't living in aftermath of Carter's forever wars and Carter's deficits.

Cater's wars and deficits? Reagan took those deficits to a much higher level 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

That a bullet hit his ear.

The FBI confirmed it. But even if one didn’t and it was shrapnel, there was still an assassination attempt on his life.  

1 hour ago, dickleyjones said:

Pls stop quoting that moron.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

The FBI confirmed it. But even if one didn’t and it was shrapnel, there was still an assassination attempt on his life.  

Oh huh, look at that, news to me. Both the FBI saying his ear was ‘definitely hit by a bullet’ and you believing the FBI. Guess he is right, he is a very fast healer, maybe he’s Wolverine and that is why it was only a squib’s worth of blood, he was healing already as he was going to the ground. I stand corrected, thanks for enlightening me. Btw I never said there wasn’t an attempt.

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

What about Carter?

A below average president whose political impotence helped contribute to the rise of neoliberalism. Far from the worst ever, however. I don’t feel like treading into the deep weeds of 1970’s macroeconomics right now, but my basic opinion is that the underlying issues went well beyond the purview of his office. Reagan, in fact, ended up benefiting greatly from Carter’s chairman of the Federal Reserve (Paul Volcker).

As for the non-economics stuff: I think Carter was pretty good on the environment, civil rights, and foreign diplomacy. Mixed feelings on the Carter Doctrine. The Iran hostage crisis was poorly handled, no doubt, though its occurrence was a consequence of several decades of American imperialism that happened to blow up on Carter’s watch.

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

No chance. PEPFAR is one of the greatest, most successful international policy programs in history

Sure, though a lot of PEPFAR’s success can be attributed to its subsequent years, once all the ridiculous Christian moralizing that imbued the program during its earliest incarnation was removed.

Bottom line: I do like PEPFAR, but it doesn’t move the approval needle for me when you factor in the second Iraq war, Afghanistan, the loss of freedoms from the Patriot Act, the inability to prevent 9/11, his Katrina response, causal factors of the Great Recession, the national debt, global warming denialism, all of the LGBT bigotry, etc…

GWB not only failed to address major crises that were presented to him, but he unnecessarily created entirely new ones and failed to anticipate others on the distant horizon.

Ugh…fine. I’ll bump him slightly ahead of Andrew Johnson. Happy now??

• Thank you (+1) 1