Are You An Anti-Communist?

34 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

Nah, it's not the canadian gov, it's his college. The gov decided they want nothing to do with it and that the college gets to decide which is the norm.

I have seen a lot of this (some firsthand). You can argue with the college all you like but honestly they are mostly toothless. So you take a course in something you don't care about, pass, and be done. I just went through this, all it was was an ethics course and an essay like a kid in detention. No one's mdnd was changed, no one is in the gulag, very very few ever have their license revoked. This is doctors managing doctors wanting to appear to be doing things in the public interest but really it's almost always just lip service and performative measures. I won't say it is good, i think it is usually just a stupid waste of time and money.

Without the college involved it would be the gov, the courts, etc, so i guess if you are a doc you take the good with the bad and be satisfied that at least you are self regulating.

The government via the courts ultimately compelled him to undergo re education or lose his professional license.

And here is a sampling of some of the tweets that were cited in the need for social media training. If you chalk this up to "taking the good with the bad" and "self regulating"...well I'm not sure what to say other than once again wake up.

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

The government via the courts ultimately compelled him to undergo re education or lose his professional license.

And here is a sampling of some of the tweets that were cited in the need for social media training. If you chalk this up to "taking the good with the bad" and "self regulating"...well I'm not sure what to say other than once again wake up.

And again, he is not special. This happens often, the gov lets the colleges regulate themselves and thats the way most drs want it because otherwise the gov WOULD be involved. They almost never step in unless criminality is involved. This is not government censorship, it is peer censorship ie "someone complained and he's making us look bad".

And although i don't agree with their stance, all it really amounts to is a performative action. Nothing that actually matters much besides perhaps being forced to take a day off to attend a course. This is something drs/dentists sign up for when they are licensed. The college gets to appear like they are doing something.

You really think anyone is gonna take a course for 8 hours on ethics and come out the other side any different ie brainwashed? Lol if anything my experience tells me it does the opposite and just causes someone to harden their stance. I have seen it first hand many times (the dental college).

If you think drs shouldn't regulate themselves then that is reasonable. But you have a major fight on your hands to remove self regulation.

11 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

And again, he is not special. This happens often, the gov lets the colleges regulate themselves and thats the way most drs want it because otherwise the gov WOULD be involved. They almost never step in unless criminality is involved. This is not government censorship, it is peer censorship ie "someone complained and he's making us look bad".

And although i don't agree with their stance, all it really amounts to is a performative action. Nothing that actually matters much besides perhaps being forced to take a day off to attend a course. This is something drs/dentists sign up for when they are licensed. The college gets to appear like they are doing something.

You really think anyone is gonna take a course for 8 hours on ethics and come out the other side any different ie brainwashed? Lol if anything my experience tells me it does the opposite and just causes someone to harden their stance. I have seen it first hand many times (the dental college).

If you think drs shouldn't regulate themselves then that is reasonable. But you have a major fight on your hands to remove self regulation.

No, I don't think anyone is going to be brainwashed. Not the point.

Jordan Peterson posted his opinions on social media about covid regulations.

These opinions were in direct opposition to the government narrative.

So a professional society sanctioned him, threatening his professional license.

Jordan Peterson, he of a massive social media following, fought it.

Ultimately the GOVERNMENT ruled in favor of the professional society,  which just so happened to carry the same draconian views as the government.  Shocker.

To chalk this up as par for the course is quite frankly ridiculous. The psychologist in suburban Toronto with 100 Twitter followers who posted the exact same words as Peterson would never be faced with this nonsense. 

49 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

No, I don't think anyone is going to be brainwashed. Not the point.

Jordan Peterson posted his opinions on social media about covid regulations.

These opinions were in direct opposition to the government narrative.

So a professional society sanctioned him, threatening his professional license.

Jordan Peterson, he of a massive social media following, fought it.

Ultimately the GOVERNMENT ruled in favor of the professional society,  which just so happened to carry the same draconian views as the government.  Shocker.

To chalk this up as par for the course is quite frankly ridiculous. The psychologist in suburban Toronto with 100 Twitter followers who posted the exact same words as Peterson would never be faced with this nonsense. 

i agree with your first few points. let the man (or any person) tweet. 

However, you still don't understand the college. the docs want self regulation and fought for it. the gov will not overstep them because if they do they break years of president and they dont want to be seen as controlling doctors, they have agreed that it is upon doctors to regulate each other. if the gov had stepped in it would have been massive shift that neither side wants. so they did what they almost always do: nothing.

as for your theoretical doc in toronto, you are wrong. the most recent ethics course i was involved in had two docs who were exactly as you describe - city docs with little following who had complains launched against them by patients who didn't like their covid rhetoric. the punishment was take the course and pretend like you are remorseful. neither could comply, i bet they will fail and have to take the course again. no gov was involved at all. its all just performative nonsense so that the doctors can be perceived as "protecting the public" when i fact they mostly just protect their own asses with little to no consequence. 

btw as i said i don't agree with the college. but when they receive a complaint they have to do something (or at least appear to). if the gov were actually involved it would be much worse, the college is a good buffer this is why i say you have to take the good with the bad.

Edited by dickleyjones

On 8/8/2024 at 7:06 AM, BillsFanNC said:

You better wake up and start being one...yesterday.

Sad. So so sad.

Hope you enjoyed your communist long weekend, hell any weekend for the matter, and 40 hr work week, over time, sick pay, etc etc… earned by unions who the captains of industry call “communists”. What is old, is new again, and again and again.

the thing that blows my mind is how willing you are to shill for the wealthiest with this made up boogy man and against your own interests. 

the red scare