Training Camp - 8/7

Simon

28 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I can already see that the Hollins stuff is going to be more aggravating then anything. I’m glad he’s fun and a good story but the guy is not good enough to be a starting WR in the NFL. He’s like a 4/5 on a decent team. I can see McDermott is going to Frank Gore this guy down our throats because of off the field events. You just have to get the best players out there and if this guy is even in the conversation, then we didn’t do enough at WR. Him being on the team is fine….but he can’t be starting over Keon.

I like the energy he brings to the team but I agree talent and production trumps attitude. We have Josh Allen and 8 years of the same coaching regime in place. If Hollins is one of the best 6 then he should stay if he’s not then don’t cut a guy like Hamler or claypool over him. But saying all that he does so many of the little things right I’m sure he makes it even if it is as the 5th WR playing special teams 

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Or he's just.. playing well?  The rookie was already going to have to earn his spot, and its hard to do that from the bike.  Edwards imo was never really brought in to necessarily start unless he also earned it, just a depth piece you can move around.  

There is a starting safety spot open even with Rapp and the rookie.  Mentioned it somewhere else but Lewis has been here since 2019, Hamlin since 2021 - Part of why they're ok with losing poyer was that they've seen enough from both of them in practice that they're comfortable going in a different direction.  

I did cover that in the first sentence when I said "He must be showing something...."

4 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Agreed he couldn’t have said it better. Josh is the best

Yep. Josh is basically saying stuff is great while also NOT saying our guys suck and he wishes he had steff. People always want to start drama that's not there. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I really like what Morris can bring when he plays, but I’m curious to see Davidson. It seems we are leaning a little more toward being a bully these days. 

EDIT: And I don’t hate that. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 4