Training Camp - 8/7

Simon

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Brasky selectively quoted to create drama.

Full quote:

"Stef's a great player, and what he brought to this team was special...so...miss is...I don't know if I'd say miss.  He was a guy that was reliable, that you could look to, he's gonna have the juice each and every day, I'm sure he's bringing it over there in Houston, so definitely, you can't say that you don't miss that.  But I'm very happy with what we've got going on here, and how hard the guys have been working, and yeah."

That was a great answer to effectively a "have you stopped beating your wife yet?" question.  If Josh said he doesn't miss Stef, it's a knock on Stef and his 4 year contributions to the team.  If Josh says he does miss Stef, it's a knock on the current receiver room and the guys he's trying to build bonds with.  I thought Josh handled it well, and even so Brasky tried to slice it and dice it to generate controversy.

Agreed he couldn’t have said it better. Josh is the best

• Like (+1) 1

I’m usually not one to go into panic mode over a kicker, but it might be time to bring in another guy or two for a look/see.  Bass missed two today.  Anyone know from what distance?

I’m usually not one to go into panic mode over a kicker, but it might be time to bring in another guy or two for a look/see.  Bass missed two today.  Anyone know from what distance?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, oldmanfan said:

46, 52

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Davis has had ball security issues in camp as well.  Definitely concerning

I am less concerned about Davis as he had only 2 I think if I am not mistaken and as a rookie adjusting to the speed and strength of the NFL, I can live with a couple early mistakes in camp.  Could have just been as simple as him not securing the ball as much as he would in a live game while in practice and got a couple knocked out and I am sure the staff got all over him for that.  But haven't heard of any since those 2 at least.  

Cook however is going on his 3rd year and I know for a fact he dropped 4 would be TD passes during the season last year alone.  So this is a pattern that has reared its head in costly fashion in real games.  If it continues he may see less targets and Davis and Ty see their targets and involvement increase as we already know McD does not take well to Cook putting the ball on the ground.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

One is just concentration issues on those easy passes...staying in the moment and not thinking about your move upfield or your TD celebration that doesn't happen when you drop it on the doorstep.

The other is the same discipline Allen had to develop, wrap the ball up with both hands when in traffic and shift it away from defenders when sprinting down a sideline, etc...

Just being purposeful about securing the rock.

Securing the ball secures your livelihood!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

We truly have the best QB in the league in so many ways.

Josh is so incredibly smart and polished when it comes to media "bait" questions. Just another part of him that makes him legendary. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

If that's true, it will take away a big aspect of the fluiditity/uncertainty Brady hopes to achieve.

Undoubtedly. I don't want to fast forward too much but if Ray Davis wants any shot at being the future #1, these are traits he will have to prove himself to be better at than Cook.

18 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Bass and Cook are issues. 

Bass yes

Cook no

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Undoubtedly. I don't want to fast forward too much but if Ray Davis wants any shot at being the future #1, these are traits he will have to prove himself to be better at than Cook.

Cook has two years left on his rookie deal. He isn't going anywhere. He's an elite RB. Best the Bills have had since Shady.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

27 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am less concerned about Davis as he had only 2 I think if I am not mistaken and as a rookie adjusting to the speed and strength of the NFL, I can live with a couple early mistakes in camp.  Could have just been as simple as him not securing the ball as much as he would in a live game while in practice and got a couple knocked out and I am sure the staff got all over him for that.  But haven't heard of any since those 2 at least.  

Cook however is going on his 3rd year and I know for a fact he dropped 4 would be TD passes during the season last year alone.  So this is a pattern that has reared its head in costly fashion in real games.  If it continues he may see less targets and Davis and Ty see their targets and involvement increase as we already know McD does not take well to Cook putting the ball on the ground.

Agree with all of this.

and bolded lost us the denver game imo.  That was brutal to watch him stand on the sideline almost the entire 1st half

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He's an elite RB

Wonder how he compares to other "elite" rbs and their respective drops?    Can a rb even be elite if hes putting the ball on the ground so much?  

• Thank you (+1) 1