Facial recognition software FOR SOME EMPLOYEES at stadiums this year.

Gregg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

As I've mentioned before in posts,  I'm an airline pilot, and when I'm returning from international flying, approaching the customs desk( at certain airports) some camera somewhere is taking a picture of my face. Before I can say a word, and without pulling out any paperwork or passport, the agent knows my name, and what my flight number and departure airport were.  Big brother IS watching.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

i've heard that even wegmans has been doing this for years.  within the last couple of years, a woman was kicked out of a radio city music hall christmas concert because facial recognition picked her up as someone that worked for the law firm that was suing the company that owned radio city.  

• Shocked 1

40 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Every time I walk by one, they just read ‘handsome.’ 

If you wait for the second page it reads handsome..... better genes to thus guy.

Lol just kidding

Just now, billsfanfrom83 said:

If you wait for the second page it reads handsome..... better genes to thus guy.

Lol just kidding

This**^ not thus

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Crud, there goes this thread.

We also wont mention that facial recognition, which was also beginning to be a boogie man back in 2019 as well, is easily defeated by... wearing a mask  :bag:

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

why would they need to know the identity of everyone in the stadium?

The  good reason is to help keep out the people who repeatedly start fights and act like morons. There could be other aspects that are less noble. 

• Eyeroll 2

4 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

The  good reason is to help keep out the people who repeatedly start fights and act like morons. There could be other aspects that are less noble

Like if you post disparaging remarks about the team on a certain fan forum?

• Haha (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, teef said:

i've heard that even wegmans has been doing this for years.  within the last couple of years, a woman was kicked out of a radio city music hall christmas concert because facial recognition picked her up as someone that worked for the law firm that was suing the company that owned radio city.  

Walmart, Target, Home Depot, etc. have been doing this for years for anti-theft deterrent reasons....even if the stores know you are stealing, they will allow you to walk out, for the most part unscathed, but keep your face recognition profile on file until your gradual theft reaches around $1,500, where it then changes from a misdemeanor to a felony....once it reaches that point, they can not only legally prosecute you to the full extent, they can legally publish your name and likeness.

When the thieves think they are pretty smart, big brother is smarter.

• Like (+1) 1