Democrat Convention 2024 (Chicago)

5 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

What's going to be the Republican excuse when the DNC gets higher ratings?

More people know the Challenger shuttle than all the other ones combined, spectacular disasters are hard to ignore. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Quick question: what time slot did GOP presidents who weren’t Trump get at the RNC?

It's not that he's going last, it's that it's so late in the evening.  As in, can Biden stay awake that long?  That's my take.  Hope he's napping right now...

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, phypon said:

It's not that he's going last, it's that it's so late in the evening.  As in, can Biden stay awake that long?  That's my take.  Hope he's napping right now...

It’s 10pm local, so while it’s later than I like to be watching tv, it’s not super late. 

Hard not to give the sitting president the last speaking slot of the day. Would be weird to have someone speaking after them. 

Also, Central Time Zone > all other time zones. Night football games kicking off before 7:30pm? First Sunday games kicking off at noon? Yes please!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

It’s 10pm local, so while it’s later than I like to be watching tv, it’s not super late. 

Hard not to give the sitting president the last speaking slot of the day. Would be weird to have someone speaking after them. 

Also, Central Time Zone > all other time zones. Night football games kicking off before 7:30pm? First Sunday games kicking off at noon? Yes please!

That is a pretty good timezone for football.  Especially the dreaded 4:00pm ET games.  Hate those!

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, phypon said:

That is a pretty good timezone for football.  Especially the dreaded 4:00pm ET games.  Hate those!

It’s excellent. Especially now that the Bills get a lot of prime time games, I’m not staying up until close to midnight to watch them. 

Noon / 3pm / 7:15pm >>> 1pm / 4pm / 8:15pm

Even when there’s the random early London games, they start around 8am so it’s not like you’d have to get up for 6am like on the West Coast. 

• Like (+1) 1

Jason Isbell on now.  Was supposed to headline a festival we had ticketsl for.  He refused to come because masks weren't required at the event during Covid.  We didn't go either.  To their credit, the organizer refunded the tix.  Don't know much of his music but I like drive-by truckers.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Haha (+1) 1