Democrat Convention 2024 (Chicago)

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You agree that Trump's claim about Harris's crowds being AI generated is just a stupid lie. 

Or do you think its sort of true somehow? 

I don't care one way or the other.

I do think on this topic:

Barrack O makes sense certainly.  

Hillary is a world class enabler of such behavior, had some issues as Sec State of course, lost absolutely winnable election in historic fashion,  though i can see why she would be a speaker as well.  

Bill Clinton would qualify as a predator by any standard today, in the era of female empowerment.  

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I don't care one way or the other.

I do think on this topic:

Hillary is a world class enabler of such behavior, had some issues as Sec State of course, lost absolutely winnable election in historic fashion,  though i can see why she would be a speaker as well.  

Bill Clinton would qualify as a predator by any standard today, in the era of female empowerment.  

Because Trump has an R by his name, gotcha 👍

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You apparently stopped maturing in middle school, so I can see why you would think that.  

Just admit he is a childish liar. 

Even an immature middle schooler can do that. 

Your cult leader is a lying idiot 

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Hmm. 

Yeah, I don’t see why they need the Clintons, especially as separate speeches. I get that he’s a former president and sexual abuser, but the GOP already has one of those at the top of their ticket. 

IMO: kick off with Joe Biden to let him pass the torch, focus mainly on the younger crop of Dems; throw Obama in there somewhere day one or two; if you can get a GOPer like the mayor of Mesa that would be great. 

If you feel like you *have* to give the Clintons air time, let them do a joint address. The goal should be to use this as a pivot away from the old Dems. 

Of course, the optimal solution is just to let The Great Khan speak as much as possible

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Yeah, I don’t see why they need the Clintons, especially as separate speeches. I get that he’s a former president and sexual abuser, but the GOP already has one of those at the top of their ticket. 

IMO: kick off with Joe Biden to let him pass the torch, focus mainly on the younger crop of Dems; throw Obama in there somewhere day one or two; if you can get a GOPer like the mayor of Mesa that would be great. 

If you feel like you *have* to give the Clintons air time, let them do a joint address. The goal should be to use this as a pivot away from the old Dems. 

Of course, the optimal solution is just to let The Great Khan speak as much as possible

What does the top of the GOP ticket have to do with Clinton speaking to the adoring masses at the Dem convention?  The “vote for an abuser if they support your view” crowd did that with W Clinton twice, and his wife was very popular as well.  

Theres no moral decency standard here. That ship sailed a long time ago.   I simply would have thought the Dems would foster the illusion they weren’t hypocrites for the base.  

Joe Biden as a speaker.…sure.  Limit him to 5 minutes, guide him on, guide him off and off into the sunset. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

22 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And that's how we know that the post-Trump "Republicans" aren't Republicans at all. It is a whole new party. The Trump Party. Everything else is excised from history, other than the occasional reference to Lincoln (with the understanding that Trump actually did a little bit more for black folks than Lincoln).

It is as if George Wallace had gotten the Democratic nomination in 1968 and pushed out all competitors. It bears zero resemblance to the Grand Old Party.

As the wheels come off of the Trump Train because Der Fuhrer is now the only dementia case and old man running, the rhetoric will get worse and louder, as you expect from a rabble. Then they will be the ones violently rioting and looting again because only THEIR rioting and looting is approved.

I'll let the rabble I mentioned above disingenuously try and make the Democrats out to to be Dixiecrats and Democrats from 100 years ago or more like they always do as they try to make themselves out to be Lincoln Republicans or even Reagan Republicans, which smart people know is a joke.

Harris will be on the ballot in all 50 states, Independents will be turned off by Trump yet again and he will lose, the rabble will be stoked by the Liars Club (Trump Party) and we'll be on high alert with military at the ready as well always ARE ready in case 1/6 happens again. In that case, our military will win over any Ashli Babbitts or Kyle Rittenhouses, period.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3

Chicago anti-Israel DNC protest groups handed loss by federal judge just days before start

Anti-Israel groups wanted to rally within sight and sound of Chicago's United Center

A federal judge in Chicago handed anti-Israel protest groups a loss this week, rejecting their request for more space to protest the Gaza counteroffensive outside the Democratic National Convention next week.

Four groups seeking to organize protests – the Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression, the Anti-War Committee, Students for a Democratic Society at UIC, and the U.S. Palestinian Community Network – asked for parade permits giving them authorization to march over an expanded area.

The judge shut them down this week, rejecting their claim that the city's preferred protest route violates their First Amendment rights.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-anti-israel-dnc-protest-groups-handed-loss-federal-judge-just-days-before-start

22 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

As the wheels come off of the Trump Train because Der Fuhrer is now the only dementia case and old man running, the rhetoric will get worse and louder, as you expect from a rabble. Then they will be the ones violently rioting and looting again because only THEIR rioting and looting is approved.

I'll let the rabble I mentioned above disingenuously try and make the Democrats out to to be Dixiecrats and Democrats from 100 years ago or more like they always do as they try to make themselves out to be Lincoln Republicans or even Reagan Republicans, which smart people know is a joke.

Harris will be on the ballot in all 50 states, Independents will be turned off by Trump yet again and he will lose, the rabble will be stoked by the Liars Club (Trump Party) and we'll be on high alert with military at the ready as well always ARE ready in case 1/6 happens again. In that case, our military will win over any Ashli Babbitts or Kyle Rittenhouses, period.

Looting and rioting? That's a Democrat policy.

• Like (+1) 2