Democrat Convention 2024 (Chicago)

2 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I pray to God there’s more women who use their right to chose take advantage of this!

thanks for sharing the great news!

Just quoting before it’s deleted.  

59 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Get this as many eyes as possible 

The mobile clinic is prescribing abortion pills that can be taken in the facility or at home.  Still legal in Illinois.  Same as they could get from an ob/gyn office there.  They're also performing vasectomies.  No surgical abortions are being performed.

https://www.npr.org/2024/08/20/nx-s1-5081386/planned-parenthood-mobile-clinic-abortion-vasectomies-dnc

30 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

They can’t even unite their own party let alone the country lol

The difference between your party and mine is we know how to kick out the extremists, not make them our nominee three times in  a row. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

The difference between your party and mine is we know how to kick out the extremists, not make them our nominee three times in  a row. 

"Free, Free Palestine"!  

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Just a reminder:

You mean those people who are… outside… and not allowed in…?

Kinda proving @Roundybout’s point here…

It was only a few weeks ago that the pro Palestinian protesters were part of the party.  Now they have been ostracized.  Did you forget?  Do you support the Palestinian protesters or not?  Seriously, do you support the or not?  Please give an honest answer.

Just now, phypon said:

It was only a few weeks ago that the pro Palestinian protesters were part of the party.  Now they have been ostracized.  Did you forget?  Do you support the Palestinian protesters or not?  Seriously, do you support the or not?  Please give an honest answer.

From the King?

Hand waving? Absolutely.

Talking in circles? Definitely.

Bloviating? Always.

An honest answer? :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, phypon said:

I support their right to protest. 

I support a ceasefire and return of hostages.

I think Hamas is evil and their actions are indefensible. But I also think that Israel’s treatment of civilians is abhorrent and do not begrudge anyone who wants to point that out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c5129064/gov-pritzker-trump-rich-stupidity

Forbes states Pritker is worth 3.4 billion.  He's supporting a woman who will increase his tax bill significantly.

JB is a real one. Having grown up in NY, under a string of unimpressive leaders, it’s very weird to love your governor but JB is just that good. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

I support their right to protest. 

I support a ceasefire and return of hostages.

I think Hamas is evil and their actions are indefensible. But I also think that Israel’s treatment of civilians is abhorrent and do not begrudge anyone who wants to point that out. 

You know what.  I don't think I like you.  Why do you have to follow up with a good answer?  If we agree on more things we're going to break PPP.  Knock it off!!

I do agree with you.  This correspondence did arrive from a point Roundy was trying to make and I made a counterpoint.  I think you made my point.  Just scroll up and I think you will see what I was getting at.  I appreciate your point of view.  I think at a certain point we just need to have our own conviction and not flip flop based on what someone else (news outlets) try to sway us on.  So, again, I appreciate your stance on this topic.

• Thank you (+1) 1