Democrat Convention 2024 (Chicago)

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Are you ok?

How many years have we been doing this?  Of course not!   You know better.  I'm dead serious though.  How would have Biden hurt the party?  What is the root cause?  

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Not really making your point starting with "Democrats" you know a generic overly broad simplification. 

So you can't register to vote without some kind of approved identification. NOW here is the part people who have't actually been part of an election understand so pay attention.

THE STATE KEEPS THE ROLLS OF REGISTERED VOTERS. they provide the polling place a list (and now on a fancy iPad) of who is approved to vote, who has an outstanding mail in ballot, who has an accepted mail in ballot. 

next a voter come in to vote, they identify themselves the poll worker checks with the list to see if they are eligible (are they at the right polling place, do they have an outstanding or received mail in ballot?) then they provide the voter with a ballot if eligible. or direct the voter to the correct voting location or if there is an outstanding mail ballot the voter can return it (and all the envelopes) and be given a ballot. or if they don't have it to Surender (or it's not complete) then they are alolwed to ask for a provisional ballot. 

at the end of the night the number of ballots provide to the polling place is cross checked with the number of cast and spoiled ballots.

once all the ballots are returned to the main voting center they are counted, and any provisional ballots are cross checked to see if there was a mail in or not etc.

how does the user providing ID to a one day poll worker add any security? this is a false canard to make people upset for no reason. Additionally it is a disingenuous/ignorant ignoring of the poll taxes, tests and other rules that were used to discriminate (or chill) people from voting.

I have run several elections in my community, the people working are all hard working honest public servants and you should try volunteering before denigrating them and the process.

now I have had white well "educated" voters come in screaming at me because they can vote and they threw away their mail in ballot because they didn't ask for it, forgetting they did. so they get o vote provisional and boom if they didn't already vote by mail their vote will be counted AFTER IT'S CHECKED AGAINTS THE ROLLS. See how that works. ID would not do anything other than put poll workers in a position of power that they don't need or warrant.

the rest of what you're talking about is insane. I have no idea what your point it. but boy are you worked up. 

I will suggest again to everyone on this board. Get involved, work an election, run for office. it will change your opinions, and it is a valuable service for your fellow citizens. 

Curious to know what, in my previous post leads you to believe that I’m “worked up”? I thought we were just having a conversation…🤔

And what was “insane” about anything I posted? I just assumed the history of racism in the Democrat Party was well understood…Maybe I was wrong…

I guess, sometimes,  the truth just hits a little too hard for people to handle…

Now back to the topic at hand…

Voter ID is only 1 of several things that need to be used in conjunction with other things, to ensure greater protection for elections…

I understand states run their own elections, but people will always be skeptical as long as you have universal mail-in voting (especially when dead people are still on the rolls, and non citizens are able to register), along with legalized ballot harvesting…

As we saw in videos from the previous election, people will always try to “game” the system, and those things just make it so much easier to do so…

According to a recent Rasmussen poll, 10% of the 160 million people who voted in the 2020 election were illegal migrants…That’s 16 million people!!!  And THAT is what you should be calling insane! 😉

One day voting, made into a national holiday, so people have time to vote, combined with voter rolls being purged yearly, along the other things mentioned, should go a long way in helping solve voter integrity…👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Curious to know what, in my previous post leads you to believe that I’m “worked up”? I thought we were just having a conversation…🤔

And what was “insane” about anything I posted? I just assumed the history of racism in the Democrat Party was well understood…Maybe I was wrong…

I guess, sometimes,  the truth just hits a little too hard for people to handle…

Now back to the topic at hand…

Voter ID is only 1 of several things that need to be used in conjunction with other things, to ensure greater protection for elections…

I understand states run their own elections, but people will always be skeptical as long as you have universal mail-in voting (especially when dead people are still on the rolls, and non citizens are able to register), along with legalized ballot harvesting…

As we saw in videos from the previous election, people will always try to “game” the system, and those things just make it so much easier to do so…

According to a recent Rasmussen poll, 10% of the 160 million people who voted in the 2020 election were illegal migrants…That’s 16 million people!!!  And THAT is what you should be calling insane! 😉

One day voting, made into a national holiday, so people have time to vote, combined with voter rolls being purged yearly, along the other things mentioned, should go a long way in helping solve voter integrity…👍

Go work one election and see if the talking points stand.

the Democrats were all those things 2 generations ago, since then as I said they passed voting rights and civil rights legislation, that is not who they are now. The republicans were the party of Lincoln and passed the 13,14,15th amendments they are now the trump party and want to repeal those, are extremely raciest, sexist and transphobic. 

let’s talk about the 

23 minutes ago, Irv said:

How many years have we been doing this?  Of course not!   You know better.  I'm dead serious though.  How would have Biden hurt the party?  What is the root cause?  

Polling before the debate showed he was unpopular in general and Dems thought he was too old. After the debate, those numbers began to get worse quickly and the lack of enthusiasm for his candidacy started impacting polling in down-ballot races. 

Typically, candidates in other races can "ride the coattails" of the top race on the ballot, such as the presidency. People may not be super activated by their House election, but if they're in the booth to vote for president, they'll vote on that race as well. If people aren't motivated to vote for president, it's less likely that they show up to vote at all, which would hurt the Dems in state and local races.

• Like (+1) 1

Do you think that he could get elected if he was younger and had all his faculties?  What I don't understand is how he can be too old to campaign but still act effectively in the most important job in the world.  It makes no sense whatsoever.  And - it's unsafe for the American public.  

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Correct.

And I really don't think there's serious room for speculation. All those congressional candidates talked to their own pollsters, etc., and were convinced that the House and Senate would flip if Biden remained the candidate. He saw the writing on the wall. Lose the election and watch the party go down in flames, or withdraw and give at least the congressional candidates a fighting chance.

What no one really anticipated is how quickly Kamala would be able to consolidate the base, and exactly how eager most Americans were for a candidate who is not an old fossil.

I think you're reinventing the run up to the Harris coronation.   Let's not pretend that Biden (and Trump) were not  fossils in 2019-2020 as well, and there were lots of younger options including Harris (who was really ungoshly unpopular for a non-fossil) to carry the torch.  You didn't vote for a 45 year old Biden sharp of mind and wit, you voted for a 78 year old man with pretty obvious signs of old age and did so convincingly.  Age wasn't the problem, it was mental capacity and increasingly questionable comments, behavior and judgement.   Absent an historically bad (yet completely predictable) performance in July, you all line up again completely convinced by those doing the convincing. 

Yes, of course he was boxed out because those that seek to convince read the tea leaves, but that wasn't the point of the conversation  about Biden and why he tapped out.   He tapped out because he was forced to, and what's interesting to me (science experiment interesting) is that in spite of the knowledge that the architects of the party clearly knew he was shot, they had you lining up anyways.  They do again.  

1 hour ago, Starr-Bills said:

You might want to examine who is rewriting the narrative. 

No, thank you, but thanks for writing.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

But until he was sure he was dropping out, he had to act as if he was 100% staying in. Showing that he was wavering and then deciding to stay in would ensure his campaign's defeat. He was going to be all in until the moment he wasn't, without much time in a gray area in-between.  He's wanted the presidency his entire career and finally achieved it. I'm sure it took a lot to convince him that there was no path forward and he was hurting the party, but there was plenty of polling that demonstrated that.

It wasn't a coup. It wasn't Nancy Pelosi threatening the 25th amendment (which she has no ability to do anyway). It was just convincing an old stubborn man that it was time to go.

Even if that was the case don't give me the passing the torch nonsense as the motivating factor for his withdrawal.  It was based on polling as you pointed out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Didn't watch the demetia patient talk, I was in bed already. But to me ir sounds like a viking funeral where they praise the dead, put him in a ship, set it on fire, and put it out to sea.

And that national anthem, YIKES!!!!!!  Were they all  out drinking with Cameltoe last night?

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

13 million views in less then 24 hours.  Enjoy your cable.   It’s 2024.  

275 million

The ratings for the RNC and DNC take into account streamers.

Maybe the RNC should have just been cancelled then and Trump could just do his old man posting and get tricked by AI.

Hopefully Trumps social media outreach is reaching people since people aren’t going to his rallies or watching the RNC like they do for the Dems.

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

The ratings for the RNC and DNC take into account streamers.

Maybe the RNC should have just been cancelled then and Trump could just do his old man posting and get tricked by AI.

Hopefully Trumps social media outreach is reaching people since people aren’t going to his rallies or watching the RNC like they do for the Dems.

Get this as many eyes as possible