Democrat Convention 2024 (Chicago)

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Ah, the Secretly Hoping Society.  They were pretty certain that Trump was the only president holding classified documents as I recall, then suddenly became experts on slippage which later morphed into special consideration for electeds.  Nice people, a bit naive.   

It’s entirely possible JB was reading the Secretly Hoping newsletter, where all the Secret Hopers were urging him to rethink his decision.  Not probable but possible.

But if you prefer the Biden was saying he was running but what he was really saying was he wasn’t running angle, cool.  At the end of day, it seems quite clear he was forced to tap out, and there typically is a reason for that sort of thing.  Sometimes a velvet glove is used, other times the hammer comes down.

Yeah, sorry if things are confusing for you, but that’s more of a you thing. 

Biden was convinced that continuing to run would be devastating for the party, so he stepped down. 

Had he not been convinced, he’d still be running because there is nothing anyone can do to forcibly remove him against his will. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

And for the 1001st time: please point out to me the "very fine people" who thought marching alongside avowed racists and Nazis was just a wonderful thing to do

If the Bills win the Super Bowl and you join the parade but suddenly there are a bunch of Nazis marching around you, do you:

A. Leave the parade

B. Keep marching 

Seems like a pretty easy decision…

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Angry Megyn!

In the words of a great man: I can almost see the blood coming out of her eyes or, umm, wherever.

Dear lord, he’s still thinking about me after all of this time, huh? Can’t get me off of his mind?

SAD!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I wonder if Biden would have done better with more references to the late great Hannibal Lector who likes to have friends for dinner or the eternal debate about sharks vs boat batteries…

• Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I wonder if Biden would have done better with more references to the late great Hannibal Lector who likes to have friends for dinner or the eternal debate about sharks vs boat batteries…

If I remember correctly, Hannibal Lecter did make it into Trump's RNC speech, but there just wasn't time in that brief 92 minutes for musings about the shark and the electric boat.

19 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Remember when idiots like our former president thought Biden was going to storm the convention and steal the nomination back?

Is the convention over?

I thought not ...

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And for the 1001st time: please point out to me the "very fine people" who thought marching alongside avowed racists and Nazis was just a wonderful thing to do

Not everyone was marching beside them, just like not all black people were burning cities down in 2020…

I understand it’s politics, and part of “the game”, but the more you guys keep pushing that narrative, the more foolish and discredited, as a serious thinker, you look…

Just looking out for ya…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/17/2024 at 6:37 PM, BuffaninSarasota said:

The party of death, endless wars, identity politics, crime, and constant division is at again ….

If it weren’t true, I would think it was a Babylon Bee post on Twitter…🤣🤣🤣

These weirdos are the butt of their own unintentional joke, and they are completely oblivious to it…just like tampons in the boys’ restrooms…

They celebrate death just to spite conservatives…

They lack so much wisdom that it is both comical and sad at the same time…👍

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Yeah, sorry if things are confusing for you, but that’s more of a you thing. 

Biden was convinced that continuing to run would be devastating for the party, so he stepped down. 

Had he not been convinced, he’d still be running because there is nothing anyone can do to forcibly remove him against his will. 

Why use logic when you can use crazy?  That could actually be the new Trump campaign slogan. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

If the Bills win the Super Bowl and you join the parade but suddenly there are a bunch of Nazis marching around you, do you:

A. Leave the parade

B. Keep marching 

Nazis can’t march in a SB parade?

45 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Not everyone was marching beside them, just like not all black people were burning cities down in 2020…

I understand it’s politics, and part of “the game”, but the more you guys keep pushing that narrative, the more foolish and discredited, as a serious thinker, you look…

Imagine a guy who says publicly that Biden is mentally fit striving to surpass that laughable nonsense.

That's Finding for you.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

With very fine friends like these…

4 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Remember when idiots like our former president thought Biden was going to storm the convention and steal the nomination back?

The only way people are going to buy the "patching of the torch" is if Joe never seeked re-election in the first place.  It just rings hollow imo.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The only way people are going to buy the "patching of the torch" is if Joe never seeked re-election in the first place.  It just rings hollow imo.

I’m glad to know it rings hollow with you, I’ll alert the media. 

• Like (+1) 1