Democrat Convention 2024 (Chicago)

2 hours ago, Doc said:

"A decade"?  LOL!  It's been going on for decades. 

And what about the MSM saying that Biden wasn't senile?  Is that Russian propaganda?  Chinese?

Proving my point, thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

So the dems are appealing to people like the King,  Roundy and Finding?

Well, no *****.

Charlie Kirk and Jack POS need testosterone shots to keep up with D's

https://newrepublic.com/post/185036/donald-trump-activists-dnc-kamala-harris-awry

“You’re an anti-patriotic, anti-constitutional person crashing our party because you tried to stop our democracy,” Short replied. “Donald Trump called the secretary of state of Georgia and told him to ‘find him some votes.’”

“So let me ask you one question. I just have one question for you,” Kirk said, interrupting him. “What is a woman?”

“Oh my God,” Short replied, starting to walk off. “That is so ***** weird, y’all. Maybe you should meet one!” 

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Proving my point, thanks.

Your point was that Russia, China and other countries have been trying to sow discord in America for decades by playing both sides against each other?  Hey then, I'm in violent agreement with you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

TRUE

I loved the "wealth inequality/generational wealth is bad" lecture from the likes of Barry and Harpo.  I'll expect them to donate the vast majority of their wealth after they die.  Then again, who else will Harpo leave it to?  Her cats?

2 hours ago, Doc said:

"A decade"?  LOL!  It's been going on for decades. 

And what about the MSM saying that Biden wasn't senile?  Is that Russian propaganda?  Chinese?

Russia being Russia is one thing, and gosh, everyone should clearly understand it today.

But our MSM and legacy media peddling it at the level they do now, is sad, truly sad

12 minutes ago, B-Man said:

TRUE

The Walz "we didn't have any kids go to Yale" thing is dumb.

They should be proud to have a kid from a small town high school go to Yale, or Harvard, or Penn.

But you gotta remember where they're coming from. From a decade or more, Republicans have been harping on the "coastal elites" who run the country but are out of touch with middle America.

Trump: Penn (Ivy League)

Vance: Yale (Ivy League)

Harris: Howard (HBCU) + Cal/Hastings Law (public)

Walz:  some small town public college in Nebraska + Mankato State

You reap what you sow.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

I loved the "wealth inequality/generational wealth is bad" lecture from the likes of Barry and Harpo.  I'll expect them to donate the vast majority of their wealth after they die.  Then again, who else will Harpo leave it to?  Her cats?

D's aren't anti wealth.  They're for the wealthy paying their fair share in taxes and against ill gotten gains.  sorry donnie.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The Walz "we didn't have any kids go to Yale" thing is dumb.

They should be proud to have a kid from a small town high school go to Yale, or Harvard, or Penn.

But you gotta remember where they're coming from. From a decade or more, Republicans have been harping on the "coastal elites" who run the country but are out of touch with middle America.

Trump: Penn (Ivy League)

Vance: Yale (Ivy League)

Harris: Howard (HBCU) + Cal/Hastings Law (public)

Walz:  some small town public college in Nebraska + Mankato State

You reap what you sow.

I didn't watch the speech.  What was the point of saying "we didn't have any kids go to Yale"?  

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

D's aren't anti wealth.  They're for the wealthy paying their fair share in taxes and against ill gotten gains.  sorry donnie.

Right.  And you know for a fact they're paying their "fair share" and aren't using every loophole they can, right? :rolleyes: 

And again, lecturing people about the evil of generational wealth when they (well, Barry and Big Mike) will likely pass their generational wealth to their girls...

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

i know we are proposing a wealth tax

Yeah because they know it will never get passed.  There's nothing stopping them from giving more right now.

Edited by Doc
  • Agree 1

The theme of last night’s show was “freedom” — freedom, Democrat style, or the new New Freedom. The emphasis of the new New Freedom is sex and abortion. Democrats have adopted the sacramental view of abortion. It’s a holy right, if not a holy rite. Anything that tends to restrict it is evil. We may be surfing on the fourth wave of liberalism. I will have to check with Charles Kesler on that.

Along with abortion, the alleged banning of books by Republicans was a motif reiterated by speaker after speaker. They never did tell us what they were talking about, but it sounded bad. It is a manifestation of the Democrats’ mania to normalize the bizarreries of the sexual revolution. Nature imposes no limits because nature does not exist.

The old order of freedom has long since faded. Democrats intone the word while placing their hands ever deeper in our pockets and in our lives. Tim Walz is the perfect exemplar. Rights that precede and limit the power of government are obsolete. They are the relic of an oppressive regime that is to be extirpated.

All in all, I count 28 speakers and performers scheduled during prime time last night. Let me take the most notable in approximate order and offer brief comments on them.

More at the link: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2024/08/after-last-night-58.php

28 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah because they know it will never get passed.  There's nothing stopping them from giving more right now.

Huge sums from wealthy D’s going to this election. The wealth tax will pass if a few Rs support it. But they want to decrease taxes on the wealthy…

• Eyeroll 1