Democrat Convention 2024 (Chicago)

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm sure he's worried about that.

Or maybe she's a Daughter of the American Revolution.

I don't think so. There's plenty in the historical record regarding Catholics (Maryland) at a minimum.

Still: weird that you act like that would be a good thing, that only WASPs as we used to call them count as fully "American"

Maybe you can revive the Whig Party

Again, you and the actual doctor purposefully misrepresent and ignore the things I actually write. This isn't a closing argument, counselor. Frankly it's not even very serious but at the least you could engage with what I actually write rather than the mean scary xenophobic boogeyman you've set up in your head.

3 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

We are all muggles. Have you done a genetic ancestry test. Are you “pure blood”?  If your ancestors came as early as you’re intimating and were  plantation owners, you may have some black blood. American Indians were here first. They were ruthlessly conquered. As far as I’m concerned they can choose to be American or not, just like I can.   There were Spanish settlers here as well. Same goes for them. Why preference given to English ancestory?

So you didn’t find NC’s post racist?  Says a great deal about you

Just did the DNA test this summer and I am 98% on nationality, beyond either of my parents on that nationality. I am as pure a blood of anything and I am 100% an American, not what my blood says. Your obsession with skin color would be fascinating if you weren't about to vote for a women because of her races despite having no accomplishments 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

36 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Just did the DNA test this summer and I am 98% on nationality, beyond either of my parents on that nationality. I am as pure a blood of anything and I am 100% an American, not what my blood says. Your obsession with skin color would be fascinating if you weren't about to vote for a women because of her races despite having no accomplishments 

I’m not obsessed with skin color. I believe anyone recognized by the US government as a citizen is an American.  The citizen I’m voting for graduated law school, became a prosecutor, Senator and then VP.  Her opponent dishonestly gained entrance to a university, started a bogus university to rip off stupid people, has seen multiple businesses go bankrupt and is a convicted felon. Which of the two most resembles your accomplishments?

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

1 hour ago, LeviF said:

Again, you and the actual doctor purposefully misrepresent and ignore the things I actually write. This isn't a closing argument, counselor. Frankly it's not even very serious but at the least you could engage with what I actually write rather than the mean scary xenophobic boogeyman you've set up in your head.

How are we to know when you’re being serious?  Initially, your definition of an American was concrete and very specific. Then you softened it to include trump. Now you’re disavowing it completely.  It’s more difficult to divine your true meaning than trump’s.   Actually it’s pretty easy but you both deny it when asked directly. 

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

How are we to know when you’re being serious?  Initially, your definition of an American was concrete and very specific. Then you softened it to include trump. Now you’re disavowing it completely.  It’s more difficult to divine your true meaning than trump’s.   Actually it’s pretty easy but you both deny it when asked directly. 

10 hours ago, LeviF said:

You can basically look at it two ways. First is that the foundational American stock (those who are genealogically American and those who have married and assimilated with genealogical Americans) is made up of the descendants of the English who founded the Virginia and Massachusetts Bay colonies, and the descendants of the slaves brought into the aforementioned Virginia colony. This is admittedly the more restrictive of the two. The second is the folkways model as outlined in Albion's Seed (those who, by stock or by assimilation, are part of the four cultures that migrated from the island of Great Britain).

Notably, neither *require* citizenship, as citizenship is an accident, rather than part of the essence, of a person. Also notably, both require you to admit that the American essentially exists outside of unintelligible allegiance to some sort of democratic ideology or as a widget in an economic zone. Another impossible challenge for you, to be sure.

This is what I said. Neither state that only those of English blood are American.  Exactly the opposite, actually. 

Edited by LeviF

3 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Well then, I guess Barry and Big Mike will be donating their hundreds of millions in wealth after they're gone... :lol:

And I hear that Slick will be speaking tonight.  They can't quit him...

4 hours ago, Pokebball said:

do you believe any of the 8 alleged assaults (that I'm aware of)happened?

Im certain that Clinton assaulted someone, but I do not believe that she was one of them. 

55 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

People who screech “America first” are stupid alt-right chuds and deserve whatever they have coming to them. 

36 minutes ago, LeviF said:

This is what I said. Neither state that only those of English blood are American.  Exactly the opposite, actually. 

Whew.  I'm so glad I live in Virginia even if only adopted by my community and state..  English and Irish "stock" (wtf, were your parents cows or sheep?) but unfortunately (per you) Catholic Irish (My dad always used Jameson's in his Irish coffee).  F it.  I'm American.  My naturalized Asian, European, South American, Australian and Russian colleagues are also American.  They're a huge credit and resource to the country.  And they don't care about your stupid criteria. 

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

7 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Whew.  I'm so glad I live in Virginia even if only adopted by my community and state..  English and Irish "stock" (wtf, were your parents cows or sheep?) but unfortunately (per you) Catholic Irish (My dad always used Jameson's in his Irish coffee).  F it.  I'm American.  My naturalized Asian, European, South American, Australian and Russian colleagues are also American.  They're a huge credit and resource to the country.  And they don't care about your stupid criteria. 

They will when we deport them!

Just now, Orlando Buffalo said:

Can anyone explain where anyone with any iota of power is promoting making gay marriage illegal in the US?

Clarence Thomas in his concurrence in the Dobbs decision. 

• Like (+1) 1