Democrat Convention 2024 (Chicago)

WELL, YES: 

Democrats’ convention harps on the evils of Trump

because they don’t dare talk about the issues or the Biden-Harris record.

newspress-collage-0iptqq1je-172419080319

It’s all going swimmingly:

https://nypost.com/2024/08/20/opinion/democrats-convention-harps-on-the-evils-of-trump-because-they-dont-dare-talk-about-the-issues-or-the-biden-harris-record/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Levi is a blood and soil nationalist.  He's going to throw out some horse ***** about the amount of time your family has lived in the country, what ethnicity they are, and what flavor of Protestant christianity they follow.

He thinks American citizenship needs to be tied to some formulation of origin, ethnicity and religion in order to be valid. 

Yes, he is insane.

I know, just want to hear it from the horse’s mouth is all. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Ok so what’s an American then

You can basically look at it two ways. First is that the foundational American stock (those who are genealogically American and those who have married and assimilated with genealogical Americans) is made up of the descendants of the English who founded the Virginia and Massachusetts Bay colonies, and the descendants of the slaves brought into the aforementioned Virginia colony. This is admittedly the more restrictive of the two. The second is the folkways model as outlined in Albion's Seed (those who, by stock or by assimilation, are part of the four cultures that migrated from the island of Great Britain).

Notably, neither *require* citizenship, as citizenship is an accident, rather than part of the essence, of a person. Also notably, both require you to admit that the American essentially exists outside of unintelligible allegiance to some sort of democratic ideology or as a widget in an economic zone. Another impossible challenge for you, to be sure.

9 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Levi is a blood and soil nationalist. 

Everyone is a blood and soil nationalist about the places they actually care about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

So?

Are you going to answer the question?  Here it is again:  Would you let strangers into your home or would you vet them first?  Pretty simple question.  Or have you forgotten the subject of our correspondence? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

38 minutes ago, phypon said:

You're acting like you have a small mind, that's why I'm simplifying it for you.  Would you let strangers into your home or would you vet them first?  Pretty simple question.  

Who is deflecting now.

That is not the question or the way to solve it ”immigration”. But yea what a tough guy, see ‘(not) billsy’ won’t answer the question. Why won’t he host all these immigrants in his home, see he is a hypocrite. Sigh. I bet you kick dogs too. 

again you don’t know anything about me. You don’t know if I have hosted people or not. And even if I have that does not solve the problem, this is some kinda fake sound bite ‘gotta ya’ argument. Get out of your little bubble and realize people are people and are overwhelmingly good.

Reminder we are all immigrants or children of immigrants. All of us.

23 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I mean 2 impeachments, dozens of his admin convicted of crimes and 34 of his own felonies and 50 more pending… I mean he’s an “overachiever”

27 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

This is a lie. Unconstitutionally? Eye roll. 

13 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Everyone is a blood and soil nationalist about the places they actually care about.

My rights are a gift from God. Given freely by Him, unmerited and unearned. This is the basis of our country.

No earthly circumstances can change that.

Somewhere along the line, some form of Secularism wormed its way into your brain, and made you feel good about something that is a lie.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Who is deflecting now.

That is not the question or the way to solve it ”immigration”. But yea what a tough guy, see ‘(not) billsy’ won’t answer the question. Why won’t he host all these immigrants in his home, see he is a hypocrite. Sigh. I bet you kick dogs too. 

again you don’t know anything about me. You don’t know if I have hosted people or not. And even if I have that does not solve the problem, this is some kinda fake sound bite ‘gotta ya’ argument. Get out of your little bubble and realize people are people and are overwhelmingly good.

You're deflecting.  You didn't answer the question.  It's a simple question.  Clearly the answer is "no".  But, you can't say that because it would destroy your stance on the argument you tried to make about the statue of liberty.  You're right, I don't know anything about you or if you've "hosted" people.  That's why I asked, but for some reason you won't directly answer.  And, if you all of a sudden say "yes, I let immigrants stay with me and my family for months" I won't believe you because you couldn't answer it the first time.  You're a hypocrite and a "nimby'ist".  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

My rights are a gift from God. Given freely by Him, unmerited and unearned. This is the basis of our country.

No earthly circumstances can change that.

Somewhere along the line, some form of Secularism wormed its way into your brain, and made you feel good about something that is a lie.

Your ethnicity is a gift from God. Given freely by Him via providence through your parentage. Also unmerited, unearned. No earthly accident (such as where you happened to be born) can change that. 

If you are indeed a Christian, you might do well to see whether “Enlightenment” thinking has wormed its way into your faith. Such as the idea that your blood brothers are of lesser import than the foreigner. 

Myself, I have little skin in the religious game. Though I freely acknowledge that the founding of America was particularly Christian, and Protestant. 

• Like (+1) 1

Elites, but they're OUR elites!

:lol:

👉👉They also don't even have to pay for the sprawling  oceanfront residence in Hawaii they have carte blanche use of and helped design. Purchased in 2015 for $8.7 million, it's the former set of the Magnum TV series and has 3 buildings and two pools on 3 acres. 

It's owned by their good friend and megadonor Marty Nesbitt, Obama's best friend and CEO of a Chicago private-equity firm, who also heads the Barack Obama Foundation. The firm has assets worth more than $3.1 billion.

32 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Yes that’s why I want as many people as possible to live here and enjoy the same freedoms I do. 🇺🇸 

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Yes that’s why I want as many people as possible to live here and enjoy the same freedoms I do. 🇺🇸 

Yeah, that was kind of my point. 

41 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Also notably, both require you to admit that the American essentially exists outside of unintelligible allegiance to some sort of democratic ideology or as a widget in an economic zone. Another impossible challenge for you, to be sure.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Who is deflecting now.

I think we know you're not comfortable answering the question posed. That's pretty common, actually.  ::sigh::

26 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Yes, perhaps.  At the same time, it's not at all uncommon for we children of immigrants to be expected to follow the rule of law of our society.  We stand in line where necessary, we present our papers under certain situations, contribute to the tax base as directed, wait at border crossings in and border crossings out.  When traveling to foreign lands, we wait in the lines established by the hosts who welcome us, fill out forms as directed, empty our pockets, take off our shoes, and do the best we can to follow their customs. 

It's a complicated but relatively straightforward process, yet when that's discussed, we get sanctimonious lectures about being immigrants/children of immigrants as if that magically addresses the problem.  

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2