Democrat Convention 2024 (Chicago)

6 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

I mean it’s on the statue at the front door…

“Give me your tired, your poor, 
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, 
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. 
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me: 
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

― Emma Lazarus

Please post your address so we can pass it along to immigrants that need a place to sleep for a month or two.  I'm sure you will welcome them into your home with open arms.  You will, right?  Don't be a hypocrite...

Edited by phypon
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LeviF said:

Ah, yes, famous section of immigration policy, there. 

Ellis Island and its consequences have been a disaster for America and, consequently, the human race.

Emma Lazarus (interesting surname btw) was never elected to anything.

In the leftist state religion that ***** poem and the Civil Rights Act are the confessions. 

Are you okay? Do you need medical help?

2 minutes ago, phypon said:

Please post your address so we can pass it along to immigrants that need a place to sleep for a month or two.  I'm sure you will welcome them into your home with open arms.  You will, right?  Don't be a hypocrite...

It’s really astonishing how you people still think this is an argument. Really fascinating stuff. 

Just now, Starr-Bills said:

Oh *****! I forgot that Levi is one of those unabashed “send all the minorities back to Africa” guys!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, phypon said:

Oh aren’t you a tough guy. You’re mad at the wrong people, the billionaires are shipping jobs over seas, cutting pay and polluting your air water and politics. But sure.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, LeviF said:

If you can't define "American" by some essential parameters then no, there is no such thing as an "American." 

I don't write the rules, I just ruthlessly enforce them.

American: a citizen of America. Happy to help. 

Just now, phypon said:

I don't think you are an American.

Oh?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Starr-Bills said:

Oh aren’t you a tough guy. You’re mad at the wrong people, the billionaires are shipping jobs over seas, cutting pay and polluting your air water and politics. But sure.

Well, I'm sure I'm tougher than you, but whatever there.  So I take it you don't want to let strangers into your home?  I think that's why you are deflecting and trying to change the subject, no?

Just now, phypon said:

Well, I'm sure I'm tougher than you, but whatever there.  So I take it you don't want to let strangers into your home?  I think that's why you are deflecting and trying to change the subject, no?

How am I deflecting, question was what is who is an American, the quote I posted says to me the ideal of the American dream. A place for anyone to come and make a home and have opportunity. My grandfather was one of the great unwashed masses and this country is better for him having come here. 

as General Milli said, we believe in a piece of paper, and set of ideas, the constitution . That to me is an American. Born here or naturalized. And I support anyone who wants to do the same.

You know nothing about me and what I have or haven’t done. Lots and lots of assumptions. Also the binary thinking is so simple. Keep them all out or put them in Your house. Like nothing works like that and that is not even the choice. 

small minds only see problems. 

3 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

How am I deflecting, question was what is who is an American, the quote I posted says to me the ideal of the American dream. A place for anyone to come and make a home and have opportunity. My grandfather was one of the great unwashed masses and this country is better for him having come here. 

as General Milli said, we believe in a piece of paper, and set of ideas, the constitution . That to me is an American. Born here or naturalized. And I support anyone who wants to do the same.

You know nothing about me and what I have or haven’t done. Lots and lots of assumptions. Also the binary thinking is so simple. Keep them all out or put them in Your house. Like nothing works like that and that is not even the choice. 

small minds only see problems. 

You're acting like you have a small mind, that's why I'm simplifying it for you.  Would you let strangers into your home or would you vet them first?  Pretty simple question.  

6 minutes ago, phypon said:

You're acting like you have a small mind, that's why I'm simplifying it for you.  Would you let strangers into your home or would you vet them first?  Pretty simple question.  

This is not an argument because no one is suggesting that happens. It’s another made up excuse conservatives use to justify their fantasies of running over migrants with tanks 

• Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

American: a citizen of America. Happy to help. 

Leftist not commit the fallacy of accident challenge: impossible.

31 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

He's a patriot - but only for white men.

23 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

My grandfather was one of the great unwashed masses and this country is better for him having come here. 

All of our ancestors were at one time...unless you are native americans.

34 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

The majority of Americans. You know, the reason the GOP hasn’t won a popular vote since what, 2000?

Cause they target the uneducated and unexperienced though very expensive manipulation campaigns?

5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Ok so what’s an American then

Levi is a blood and soil nationalist.  He's going to throw out some horse ***** about the amount of time your family has lived in the country, what ethnicity they are, and what flavor of Protestant christianity they follow.

He thinks American citizenship needs to be tied to some formulation of origin, ethnicity and religion in order to be valid. 

Yes, he is insane.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2