#TamponTim Getting To Know Dem VP Pick: Stolen Valor Marxist Tim Walz

12 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I will admit I have no idea of what a Command Sergeant Major is compared to a Master Sergeant. 
And I can’t be bothered to find out. You’ll find that 95% of Americans are with me on that. 

The question of the duties of a CSM and Master Sergeant isn't the point.  I think the point is that one should not represent himself to be one if he is the other.  I haven't paid much attention to the issue with Walz, but I think this is pretty basic stuff even in a highly politicized world. 

I mean, most people don't know the details involved with passing the NYS bar, and who does or doesn't, but likely care when a guy claims to be an attorney but lacks the credentials.  

Btw an old business friend of mine was married to a CSM. Haven't seen them in years, but I'm uncertain if he would mind being called a Private First Class, or had business cards printed that listed his status as Chairman-Joint Chiefs of Staff? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I mean, most people don't know the details involved with passing the NYS bar, and who does or doesn't, but likely care when a guy claims to be an attorney but lacks the credentials.

True.

I find no excuse for his comments suggesting, or even downright saying, that he was deployed to a war zone. That's a fair criticism.

As far as his exact rank: I think that's more like a government official claiming he was the Deputy Assistant Attorney General when he was really the Acting Deputy Assistant Attorney General. It's so far into the weeds that it is incomprehensible to someone who isn't in that particular business. 

There's a particularly idiotic title in the civilian federal sector: "Senior Official Performing the Duties of the Director." It seems that Walz's explanation is that's basically what he was, performing the duties of "Command Sergeant Major." Whatever. That doesn't strike me as a valid criticism (it's just puffing up one's resume), unlike the "I was in Iraq/Afghanistan."

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

True.

I find no excuse for his comments suggesting, or even downright saying, that he was deployed to a war zone. That's a fair criticism.

Which brings us back to the constant, underlying theme of our political discourse.  People will complain candidates for lying/misrepresenting details of their life, but typically only when it's the other guy.  Another poster and I discussed this the other day, and the sum total of his argument seemed to be he liked his liars more than mine.   

Whether people will care about Walz's obvious deception on his military service will be directly tied to the agenda he's associated with.  If there is something in it for them, it's no big deal.  If it's the other agenda, it's a huge issue.  

In the big picture of politics, you hang it around his neck like an anchor and hope it works. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

In the big picture of politics, you hang it around his neck like an anchor and hope it works. 

Yes, if you are on the Trump/Vance side, that's what you do. Particularly since Vance was actually deployed to a war zone.

This is where message discipline is lacking. The more they talk about Eyes Glaze Over stuff like what his final rank was, the more people tune out. That seems to really matter to some career military people, but it means nothing to the rest of us.

Just a little unsolicited advice.

The crux of the matter is not whether Walz is a combat veteran. That is irrelevant. Most of the people who served in the military since 9/11 are not combat veterans.

Along the way, the Harris-Walz campaign has walked back Walz's biography and claims.

Another thing has become obvious. Whenever anyone who served with Vance is asked about his service, they are very complimentary. The former Marines who served with Vance liked him and still like him even though their politics differ; see A Tale of Two Veterans: What the Service of Walz and Vance Tells Us About the Men. His former battalion commander put to rest the "he's not a combat veteran" slur

The opposite is true of Walz. His military record was examined because two of his peers blew the whistle on his self-serving cowardice. When the brigade sergeant major, Walz's superior in the Noncommissioned Officer support channel, was interviewed, CNN abruptly terminated the damning testimony

https://redstate.com/streiff/2024/08/11/tim-walzs-national-guard-unit-chaplain-puts-the-retirement-controversy-to-rest-with-just-one-word-n2177987

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, B-Man said:

That about sums up the PPP 'progressives'..

They can give you a detailed analysis of why a lie against a Repub is actually funny, but for things against Dems...

1 minute ago, Doc said:

They can give you a detailed analysis of why a lie against a Repub is actually funny, but for things against Dems...

Umm, because they're not funny?

These stupid Walz/horse s[]men things aren't getting out of the right-wing twitter-sphere! Right-wing jokey fact checker fact checks it. NO ONE OTHER THAN YOU (and me, sadly) WILL SEE IT. Because it's not funny.

I tried to explain, but there's no explaining humor to the humorless.

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Umm, because they're not funny?

These stupid Walz/horse s[]men things aren't getting out of the right-wing twitter-sphere! Right-wing jokey fact checker fact checks it. NO ONE OTHER THAN YOU (and me, sadly) WILL SEE IT. Because it's not funny.

I tried to explain, but there's no explaining humor to the humorless.

I don’t know, a guy having sex with the couch is as funny as a guy swallowing enough horse ***** to need to have his stomach pumped.  Here’s a tip: if you don’t want to hear about it, then don’t bring up the other one.

:lol:

Finding so completely lost.

Politifact is right wing!!!

That they actually fact checked it is hilarious you friggin hack.  But not as hilarious as Finding thinking friggin PolitiFact is right wing and that only "right wing" X will see it.

Biden is mentally fit!  Reliable media!

We're ALL laughing AT YOU Finding.

Now where's you pretend that I'm going to read your response.  Go!

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

:lol:

Finding so completely lost.

Politifact is right wing!!!

That they actually fact checked it is hilarious you friggin hack.  But not as hilarious as Finding thinking friggin PolitiFact is right wing and that only "right wing" X will see it.

Biden is mentally fit!  Reliable media!

We're ALL laughing AT YOU Finding.

Now where's you pretend that I'm going to read your response.  Go!

Did they do one for Vance and the couch lie?

You Leftists are a damned embarrassment. 

47 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

He stole the valor of those formally promoted from E-8 to E-9!

Like the alternate to the alternate selection calling himself a Pro Bowler. 
This cannot be tolerated. 
Valor!

What a disgusting statement.

• Thank you (+1) 2