Federal Court Rules Google is an ILLEGAL monopoly

• Big Blitz changed the title to Federal Court Rules Google is an ILLEGAL monopoly
On 8/5/2024 at 3:58 PM, Big Blitz said:

Break it all up.  Google is a hostile foreign nation. 

Just what we need, smaller, crappie search engines.  Not that I disagree though.  Will be interesting to see how this is handled.

2 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Just what we need, smaller, crappie search engines.  Not that I disagree though.  Will be interesting to see how this is handled.

I’m fine with it. Google sold its soul to targeted advertising years ago, half the front page results are sponsored content now. 

Heck, out of curiosity I wanted to look up a simple medical question - how long does it take your body to process alcohol - and the entire front page was either results for AA or a substance abuse hotline 

• Agree 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

I’m fine with it. Google sold its soul to targeted advertising years ago, half the front page results are sponsored content now. 

Heck, out of curiosity I wanted to look up a simple medical question - how long does it take your body to process alcohol - and the entire front page was either results for AA or a substance abuse hotline 

Fair point.  I think I've become used it it to the point I stopped noticing them.  Maybe some sort of restriction on advertising data coming out of this would be worthwhile.  

• Like (+1) 1

All of their actions and Google’s rise coincide with the election of Obama. 

Holder and his justice department were successful at turning our intelligence community into a woke disaster.  

On 8/6/2024 at 5:09 PM, Roundybout said:

https://doctorow.medium.com/googles-enshittification-memos-2d6d57306072

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...