Harrison Butker contract extension

The Wiz

17 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I feel like as a kicker it might be easier to do no agent.  I don't think there aren't nearly the same endorsement and commercial opportunities for kickers.  From a philanthropic perspective i might also want an agent to help with that aspect of it.  Maybe... PR... someone to read your speeches before you get absolutely flamed online... But the bad PR will almost certainly be good for when he leaves sports - I think standing his ground on what he said is somewhat admirable even if I personally disagree with the messaging.  

I also feel like if I'm approaching free agency its helpful to have an agent simply to help me meet GM's around the league, other player's, give me the lowdown on facilities, etc.  Guidance on - do i chase a bag from the Jets, or is a 1-year deal better to come back a year later from a market perspective. 

There was no bad PR, just a sect with differing views from his.   A bunch of whiny “free speech, if it fits my views” type made it a big deal.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Hate is a strong word. As a person, one should be judged on their character. If someone show themselves to be of poor character, then they should be viewed accordingly. 

Poor character?  By espousing traditional family values?  Wild take sir. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

If that’s your term for misogyny……..

While I did not agree with him in the least, and think he is an idiot, to claim he is a misogynist is unnecessary. 

13 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

While I did not agree with him in the least, and think he is an idiot, to claim he is a misogynist is unnecessary. 

My statement addressed his words and their context. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 3

3 hours ago, Johnny Bravo said:

You treat it as though it is axiomatic that his statement is ignorant.  Can you quantify the extent to which it is ignorant?  A Catholic man (I’m not Catholic), speaking to an audience of Catholics and speculating that many of them are looking forward to being wives and mothers more than career women.

Since his statement is “quantifiably ignorant” quantify it for us.  What percentage of the women in the audience disagree with his statement?  Since Butker’s statement was qualified in that he clearly stater he was only talking about a subset of his audience, what is the precise degree of difference between the beliefs of his target audience and their beliefs at which Butker’s statement becomes false?

Actually, I don’t think that’s necessary.  You obviously disagree with Butker’s point-or a straw man you’ve made out of his actual point-and rather than say why he is incorrect you do what you did.

i agree with a lot of your Bills takes, but this one is weak and disrespectful.

Butker was taking to a group of women who had just graduated from college.  What percentage of them went to college with the goal of preparing themselves for motherhood and husbandly servitude?

Give me a break, man.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

• Simon locked this topic
31 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t have any reason to care what the chiefs kicker feels about family values.

Then why the **** did you start the **** that derailed the thread?

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

• Simon unlocked and locked this topic