Harrison Butker contract extension

The Wiz

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Justin Tucker die?

Tucker is probably #2.  I think Butker is better.  Still he’s one of the two kickers in the NFL that you trust without hesitation when the game’s on the line.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I feel like as a kicker it might be easier to do no agent.  I don't think there aren't nearly the same endorsement and commercial opportunities for kickers.  From a philanthropic perspective i might also want an agent to help with that aspect of it.  Maybe... PR... someone to read your speeches before you get absolutely flamed online... But the bad PR will almost certainly be good for when he leaves sports - I think standing his ground on what he said is somewhat admirable even if I personally disagree with the messaging.  

I also feel like if I'm approaching free agency its helpful to have an agent simply to help me meet GM's around the league, other player's, give me the lowdown on facilities, etc.  Guidance on - do i chase a bag from the Jets, or is a 1-year deal better to come back a year later from a market perspective. 

A kicker’s agent is really free money. An agent can’t “convince” a GM that their guy does this better or that better, or there’s any untapped potential that should earn bigger bucks. For a kicker, it’s pretty straight forward. There’s obviously categories to mark, but physical attributes don’t factor in like every other position.

It’s like if Edmunds was a kicker. Theres no way he’d ever become overrated by $$ or fans. Doesn’t matter if your kicker is young, long, fast.. if you can’t kick, nobody is going to be clamoring to keep you around.

If Butkner was interested in free agency (AND WHY THE HELL WOULD HE BE???) he might have an agent.

Know what Lamar ended up doing with no agent.. getting no real offers to the point of league collusion and signed with the only team he’s ever known anyways. IF Lamar knew what he was doing, then it was making a bunch of noise, putting the LEAGUE in a bad spot, and reaping the rewards of the league and Ravens paying him off to not cause anymore bad media attention. Such a weird situation. He got what he wanted. The Ravens ended up doing what they needed to. And yet, it was a mess. Jackson’s fault all the way, and he’s lucky the Ravens are solid for allowing him to back into that ideal contract. But man. 

4 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

Mrs B: ”honey can’t we afford someone to cook and clean for us now?”

HB: ”…why would I pay someone else to do your job, wench?”

He plays for Tampa Bay?

Butker got squirrelly, for anyone wondering, two years ago. 75%. He had a few issues, but won the SB anyways. Total outlier. Made all his playoff PATs, missed one FG.

Top five leg, top five accuracy. He’ll miss a game with a leg tweak. but is a throw him out there guy, and is clutch with all systems go.

Last year’s playoffs: 11/11 FGs; 8/8 PATs. Damn solid.

44 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

A kicker’s agent is really free money. An agent can’t “convince” a GM that their guy does this better or that better, or there’s any untapped potential that should earn bigger bucks. For a kicker, it’s pretty straight forward. There’s obviously categories to mark, but physical attributes don’t factor in like every other position.

It’s like if Edmunds was a kicker. Theres no way he’d ever become overrated by $$ or fans. Doesn’t matter if your kicker is young, long, fast.. if you can’t kick, nobody is going to be clamoring to keep you around.

If Butkner was interested in free agency (AND WHY THE HELL WOULD HE BE???) he might have an agent.

Know what Lamar ended up doing with no agent.. getting no real offers to the point of league collusion and signed with the only team he’s ever known anyways. IF Lamar knew what he was doing, then it was making a bunch of noise, putting the LEAGUE in a bad spot, and reaping the rewards of the league and Ravens paying him off to not cause anymore bad media attention. Such a weird situation. He got what he wanted. The Ravens ended up doing what they needed to. And yet, it was a mess. Jackson’s fault all the way, and he’s lucky the Ravens are solid for allowing him to back into that ideal contract. But man. 

It’s a lot easier for the top kicker in the game to negotiate a deal than an average kicker. 

kickers score the most points in the league. Combine a great kicker and a great qb and you’re on a winning path. Games are decided by fgs most often. Chiefs are very smart to keep the combo going 

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

It’s a lot easier for the top kicker in the game to negotiate a deal than an average kicker. 

kickers score the most points in the league. Combine a great kicker and a great qb and you’re on a winning path. Games are decided by fgs most often. Chiefs are very smart to keep the combo going 

Another move that’s a no brainer for the Chiefs. We’ll see how this one shapes out. 

(Son… go get my Butker Voodoo doll!!!)

1 hour ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Butker got squirrelly, for anyone wondering, two years ago. 75%. He had a few issues, but won the SB anyways. Total outlier. Made all his playoff PATs, missed one FG.

Top five leg, top five accuracy. He’ll miss a game with a leg tweak. but is a throw him out there guy, and is clutch with all systems go.

Last year’s playoffs: 11/11 FGs; 8/8 PATs. Damn solid.

If I remember correctly he got hurt in the first regular season game and was sporadic when he came back. He turned it on towards the end including that big kick in the AFCCG to send them to the Super Bowl. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why hate people that say or think differently then you? 

1 hour ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Because sometimes the things that they say or think are ignorant garbage thoughts. 

...or they have a rep for being repetitively/incessantly negative about the Bills on a Bills fan site. Not saying that's the case here, but I'm fine with bringing the hate in that situation. On the other hand, the main reason I come here is to hear from folks that think differently then me.

He's a very good kicker and it's not surprising he's well-paid.  (But Justin Tucker is better.)  I realize Butker's political views were controversial but I couldn't care less about some athlete's political views anyway.  If he's not encouraging actual violence, I figure it's best to let him talk, and just ignore him.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hate is a strong word. As a person, one should be judged on their character. If someone show themselves to be of poor character, then they should be viewed accordingly. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

12 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Hate is a strong word. As a person, one should be judged on their character. If someone show themselves to be of poor character, then they should be viewed accordingly. 

It’s one thing to “think differently” — which is and should be welcomed — and quite another thing to make statements that are quantifiably ignorant.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

one of the best gets the most at his position?  This board should welcome such, given the incessant threads started for every QB extension/contract as though each one is shocking news...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

It’s one thing to “think differently” — which is and should be welcomed — and quite another thing to make statements that are quantifiably ignorant.

You treat it as though it is axiomatic that his statement is ignorant.  Can you quantify the extent to which it is ignorant?  A Catholic man (I’m not Catholic), speaking to an audience of Catholics and speculating that many of them are looking forward to being wives and mothers more than career women.

Since his statement is “quantifiably ignorant” quantify it for us.  What percentage of the women in the audience disagree with his statement?  Since Butker’s statement was qualified in that he clearly stater he was only talking about a subset of his audience, what is the precise degree of difference between the beliefs of his target audience and their beliefs at which Butker’s statement becomes false?

Actually, I don’t think that’s necessary.  You obviously disagree with Butker’s point-or a straw man you’ve made out of his actual point-and rather than say why he is incorrect you do what you did.

i agree with a lot of your Bills takes, but this one is weak and disrespectful.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1