Tornado hits downtown Buffalo

KingBoots8

Tornado hits downtown Buffalo. Checking in to make sure local fans are ok. Not Bills/Stadium related directly, so move if needed, but hope everyone is safe.

EDIT: Looks like it touched down on Niagara Street and Carolina. I’ve read some damage was done in Welland, Stevensville, and Ft Erie as well.

Edited by KingBoots8
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 12

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

That's the most puny tornado I've ever seen. 

Back in my granpappy's day, he'd call that a "dust-devil!" 

I always laugh at people in Texas when they get some snow and shut down the state. They’re probably laughing at us with our baby tornado.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I always laugh at people in Texas when they get some snow and shut down the state. They’re probably laughing at us with our baby tornado.

Nah, us Texans are also mostly laughing at our Texas infrastructure 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Funny that I moved out of New York State and moved to Arkansas for work and I have yet to have a tornado anywhere close to me and I'm in Tornado/Dixie alley but New York State has gotten hit with a bunch this year after my tree last year hit my garage after a microburst in NYS

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Funny that I moved out of New York State and moved to Arkansas for work and I have yet to have a tornado anywhere close to me and I'm in Tornado/Dixie alley but New York State has gotten hit with a bunch this year after my tree last year hit my garage after a microburst in NYS

I’m moving to Maine.

30 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

So true! 

We don't know how drive in the snow ("we" as in other people of course)!

Everyone tries driving normal speed & we get crashes everywhere 😅

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Let's Go Buffalo said:

Hope everyone's fine. I'm from Kansas, and we see too many tornadoes rip through our neck of the woods. My Grandparents' farm got totaled twice with two huge tornadoes less than ten years apart. 

The area I live in, West Tennessee has experienced two major tornados - very destructive- in the last two years, each in February; in 1999 it destroyed our whole our downtown area completely, feel for your grandparents!

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’ve said I’ll take Blizzards over tornadoes every time. This is the 2nd tornado to hit WNY in the last few weeks. 

What is going on?

Pretty sure it's a little thing called global warming. Hardly any snow in WNY anymore, but tornadoes on the rise.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 8
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1