Training Camp 8/5

2 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

This kinda crap pisses me off.  Isabella is small.  Do you REALLY need to jack him up in a tackle?  He's on YOUR team dude.

i get the argument, at the same time, if youre a fringe player like, ?deshawn williams?, his instinct is to make plays to make the roster, or put shiii on tape for his hopeful next team to see. also, without seeing it, could just be that one dude is a DT and the other is a petite receiver lol either way im not worried about juices flowing. do it to josh or take shots at the knees on guys and ill be the first to run him outta town

11 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Does anyone remember the days of “two-a-day” padded practices? How do the amount of injuries compare then versus now?

Between that and the 75-man roster cut down forcing you to play starters in preseason games, i think the NFLPA has been moving camps into a more player friendly direction.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He has gotta make the roster first and he’s not doing himself any favors by having maybe the most inconsistent camp of the WRs seriously competing for the final roster with days he has the dropsies again like yesterday.  

If training camp carries into preseason, it looks like: Shakir, Samuel, Coleman, Hollins, Shavers for Top 5 (no order).  Then WR6 between Hamler, Claypool, and MVS.  I see us keeping 6. Shorter, Isabella, etc other good options for P/S

My guess is MVS, unless Hamler stands out as the primary returner.  Claypool needs to get healthy first off, I could see him having a dominant preseason game and being difficult to cut as well.  Our WR 4-6 appear to be much better than LY, even if our WR 1-3 down a notch.  Much more diverse and deeper than LY, IMO.  Harty/Sherfield were basically busts and set a low bar.

Other general thoughts:

TB looks like he hit the weight room hard/another offseason did him well.

Sounds like a leg laceration for Isabella.  Shorter, Claypool, Isabella all seem iffy for Saturday.  Just a preseason game, but injuries really stacking up at a couple position groups

27 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Sounds like a leg laceration for Isabella.  Shorter, Claypool, Isabella all seem iffy for Saturday.  Just a preseason game, but injuries really stacking up at a couple position groups

If that stands for the game, it's putting all 3 in the back seat.  If Claypool isn't back soon, he's cooked.

Have to guess that MVS, Shavers, Hamler and Thompson will get the lion's share of snaps in the 1st half.

Probably see a lot of 12 personnel during the game too.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Josh was reportedly screaming at Williams, so we have our first cut, ladies and gentlemen!

Just watched OBL and Tasker said he's never seen Josh so hot on the practice field - said he was "livid", Brown said Josh was yelling at Babich and Babich was yelling back - they were standing like 10 ft away from each other and had a "heated exchange" and "they were ticked" 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Just watched OBL and Tasker said he's never seen Josh so hot on the practice field - said he was "livid", Brown said Josh was yelling at Babich and Babich was yelling back - they were standing like 10 ft away from each other and had a "heated exchange" and "they were ticked" 

What could Babich possibly be yelling at Allen?

47 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Complete speculation on my part, but maybe Josh is just fired up in general because the D is “bringing it” and he knows it’s important for him to get on the same page with all of his new receivers.  I think Josh knows he needs to be ready to roll in W1.

Personally, I love it.  I’m tired of everybody being great friends, dancing, joking around at practice.  I want to see a little edge to this team.  Babich might have been the perfect promotion.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, eball said:

Complete speculation on my part, but maybe Josh is just fired up in general because the D is “bringing it” and he knows it’s important for him to get on the same page with all of his new receivers.  I think Josh knows he needs to be ready to roll in W1.

Personally, I love it.  I’m tired of everybody being great friends, dancing, joking around at practice.  I want to see a little edge to this team.  Babich might have been the perfect promotion.

Tasker made a point to say he's sure they forgot about it quickly and were back to being friendly in no time - it was interesting though he really made a point to say he's never seen Josh so fired up and mad in practice

2 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Tasker made a point to say he's sure they forgot about it quickly and were back to being friendly in no time - it was interesting though he really made a point to say he's never seen Josh so fired up and mad in practice

I’m not suggesting they should suddenly be at each others’ throats, but I like seeing some fire, particularly out of Josh.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

If that stands for the game, it's putting all 3 in the back seat.  If Claypool isn't back soon, he's cooked.

Have to guess that MVS, Shavers, Hamler and Thompson will get the lion's share of snaps in the 1st half.

Probably see a lot of 12 personnel during the game too.

This preseason game matters

My vote is for Hamler or Shavers to make it

Hope to see one of those two show up and shine.

Claypool to PS if he can stand  more humble 

Done with MVS , cant drop an easy pass against air in practice. Much less two 🥴

Trying to get on the team.

• Like (+1) 1