Training Camp 8/5

48 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Third string DT trying to make a name for himself 

He’s been 2nd string ahead of Carter for most of camp from what I’ve seen and heard. 

15 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That and like it says below.

They'll work on specific things in camp and go from working on one thing to another, so at times the defense will have an advantage and know what's coming. Other times it's more chaotic and difficult.

I feel like occasionally you want to run plays into a defense that knows its coming - especially RPOs and the like.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Seems like the defense has figured out our offense.

I mean the offense isn’t going to win every practice unless our D is a train wreck.  Both sides will, and should, have their days, doesn’t mean our offense is “figured out”

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

My guess would be Benford.  Nothing against Benford, but Douglas IMHO is probably our best corner, at least heading into the season.  

If Elam keeps it up we have a really good "problem" at the outside corner spots.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, iccrewman112 said:

Soon to be 3

He has gotta make the roster first and he’s not doing himself any favors by having maybe the most inconsistent camp of the WRs seriously competing for the final roster with days he has the dropsies again like yesterday.  

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Figured them out?  🤷🏻‍♂️ it’s nfl training camp-  each sides of the ball will have their days.  I have a feeling the offense will have more days of great play.

Exactly this, ^^^  it is what happens every TC every preseason,  

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Davidson was another depth guy that was doing well the practices I went to - my Dad kept saying "there's that TE again".  Not sure how he makes the 53 if they keep Gilliam, but figure a PS guy for sure

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

How is Coleman getting open downfield, I thought he was slow as molasses.

He gets open some of the time, but I think many times he's making catches with CBs on him or very close in coverage.   Receivers can be athletic without being elusive.  Coleman is undeniably athletic, but I don't think he's that elusive in coverage.

• Like (+1) 1