Tre White is doing "great" in Camp

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Im still pissed about Sam Cowart and Aaron Williams

I remember exactly where I was when both of those injuries occurred and can picture them both so vividly (same with Shane Conlan’s knee injury).

you could especially feel the impact of Cowart. Just knew that the team wouldn’t make it without him. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

He did an interview with Kay Adams and said something like he could have an INT against Buffalo and the his former teammates on the sidelines would be cheering for his.

This is so true and IMO it’s the same for the fans of Buffalo.  

Unfortunately because of his contract and injuries, the Bills had to cut him loose.  It sucks but it had to happen 

I would cheer for Tre if he picked off Allen.  Just a topflight pro and great member of the Buffalo Community.  You just can't hate the guy.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

If he picks off Allen, he’s getting booed. 

Not by me. Tre has always been a class act. I wish him nothing but success. I would be disappointed if fans ever boo him.

Edited by MJS

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

Not by me. Tre has always been a class act. I wish him nothing hut success. I would be disappointed if fans ever boo him.

I certainly wouldn’t boo him on the first INT, I can see myself quietly nodding my head with an internal slow golf clap of semi approval.

On any play he makes thereafter, make no mistake I’ll be booing and talking ***** about where were these plays for us when he was in Buffalo and much more nonsensical bologna to self sooth my rage.

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We all love him. I don't think he was wrong in his recent interview with Kay Adams when she asked Tre how he'd think Bills fans would react if he intercepted JA17 this season.

Regardless, Jordan Rodrigue (Beat reporter for the Rams) was on NFL daily (she's a consistent guest) this week and said Tre is doing "great" in camp.

Just figured I'd post it for anyone else who might get a warming of the heart by this bit of info.

I live in LA and all the buzz has been good on Tre around here.  He’s having a good camp and he is obviously well liked as well as he is a fun guy.  

Rams are one of those teams that could prove to be tougher than people think.  Will be interesting to see how they do this year.  

Rams used to be my second team until I married a die hard Niner fan lol…and with how much she supports the Bills and my fanhood it’s only fair I do the same for her…but it will still be fun watching Tre here this year who was always one of my faves.

17 minutes ago, julian said:

I certainly wouldn’t boo him on the first INT, I can see myself quietly nodding my head with an internal slow golf clap of semi approval.

On any play he makes thereafter, make no mistake I’ll be booing and talking ***** about where were these plays for us when he was in Buffalo and much more nonsensical bologna to self sooth my rage.

He made tons of plays like that in Buffalo, though. He got injured. And then he got cut. He'd still be playing in Buffalo if it was up to him, I'm sure.

• Like (+1) 1

I am rooting for him.  Good guy and Buffalo Bill.

However, I wonder how he is going to be when game-time happens.  From experience, it was really difficult to come back and put equal pressure/responsibility on my injured knee.  It took a lot of time to finally "trust" it mentally.  This seems to be something that White struggled with for awhile after his first injury.  Rehab and getting it to 100% is fairly quick.  It's that getting into (NFL-level) game speed that is really tough.

I cringe thinking about someone at that position (CB) coming back from an ACL reconstruction.  I would think achilles isnt that different.  CB is the toughest for this, because a player needs to react to the WR in coverage.  Any other position can compensate/brace for movement that they are dictating.  I could see this being a huge deal for a CB.

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We all love him. I don't think he was wrong in his recent interview with Kay Adams when she asked Tre how he'd think Bills fans would react if he intercepted JA17 this season.

Regardless, Jordan Rodrigue (Beat reporter for the Rams) was on NFL daily (she's a consistent guest) this week and said Tre is doing "great" in camp.

Just figured I'd post it for anyone else who might get a warming of the heart by this bit of info.

I was hopeful he could at least transition to a safety role. Figured after the reinjury he would lose a step.

Always hoping for the best, but was understandably hard for the Bills to keep carrying him.

No fault on either party.

37 minutes ago, MJS said:

He made tons of plays like that in Buffalo, though. He got injured. And then he got cut. He'd still be playing in Buffalo if it was up to him, I'm sure.

I agree, that’s why I said nonsensical.

4 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

If he picks off Allen, he’s getting booed. 

No way.

forst, he won’t pick off Allen. Second, if he catches a ball that deflects off a receivers hands, no Bills fan is going to boo White. He did nothing wrong during his time here and didn’t ask to be cut.

6 hours ago, Neo said:

Robert James …  six years and out after a pre season ACL.   Undrafted FA who went to three straight Pro Bowls.

Robert James was the original shut down corner before anyone knew what that was. From Biletnikoff to Otis Taylor to Warfield, he shut out the best the AFC had to offer game in and game out. He would have been a first ballot HOFer had he not been injured.

In their rookie years, everyone came to see OJ but left talking about the kid from Fisk. 

• Like (+1) 1

Would love for Tre to have a few more healthy years in the league. After all he’s been through he should get to enjoy the twilight of his career. 

He’s just one of those guys that you can root for, no matter what team he plays on (well, except for the Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens, Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs, Las Vegas Raiders, Los Angeles Chargers, Los Angeles Rams, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tennessee Titans, and the Washington Commanders)

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm happy for Tre and want him to do well, but not at our expense. 

It's hard when we like a player but the NFL is a cold business. I know most of you would have moved on from a big-contract player nearing 30 that had two major leg injuries. 

I am on record I'd have kept him and released Douglas. We will see how that plays out. I understand why the Bills went the other way.

• Like (+1) 1