Who's on your Mt. Rushmore of Physical Comedy?

BillsPride12

nice. physical comedy is a different beast.

my first thought was Jim Carrey.  for obvious reasons The three stooges

the rest I began to think of comedians who use their bodies during a performance. My 2 favorite of those re Bernie Mac and Eddie Murphy.

Betty White back in her younger days was a minx. I will search for that clip I think you all will like it if not seen before 🙂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Leslie Neilson didn't come to my mind immediately but that's an excellent choice 

He had his share of physical comedy in the Naked Guns movies, but it was OJ's character who got "hurt" the most.

• Agree 1

Monty Python

... and my favorites: Groucho, Harpo, Chico, and Zeppo Marx. Just watch the mirror scene in "Duck Soup", made more than 90 years ago ...

Three Stooges defines the list for me.

The Looney Toons folks deserve a mention: Bugs, Daffy, Wile E Coyote, Elmer Fudd,... 

Afaik, Chevy Chase's career started with SNL pratfalls.

And Kramer (Michael Richards) is worth mentioning too. 

7 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Three Stooges defines the list for me.

The Looney Toons folks deserve a mention: Bugs, Daffy, Wile E Coyote, Elmer Fudd,... 

Afaik, Chevy Chase's career started with SNL pratfalls.

And Kramer (Michael Richards) is worth mentioning too. 

That's a good one 

All I got is Andy Kaufman.  I think his wrestling bits count as physical comedy even if they weren't meant to amuse anyone but himself.

Totally hysterical to me how deep he got into wrestling and in this video when he comes out underneath the Mummy's costume.  Frigging funny.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

All I got is Andy Kaufman.  I think his wrestling bits count as physical comedy even if they weren't meant to amuse anyone but himself.

Totally hysterical to me how deep he got into wrestling and in this video when he comes out underneath the Mummy's costume.  Frigging funny.  

I always thought he was funny as hell as Latka on Taxi.  Man between him, Christopher Lloyd playing Reverand Jim and Danny Devito as Louie Dipalma that has to be one of the all-time great casts of characters 

• Agree 1

Chaplin/Keaton no sound makes them 1 & 1A

Laurel & Hardy are #2

Any number could be 3 Many mentioned, Stooges, Chase and Sellers (those Pink Panther Movies are gold!)

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I always thought he was funny as hell as Latka on Taxi.  Man between him, Christopher Lloyd playing Reverand Jim and Danny Devito as Louie Dipalma that has to be one of the all-time great casts of characters 

10 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I loved the scene where Jim is trying to get his driver's license, and he keeps asking "what does a yellow light mean" and Bobby responds, "slow down" and he gets repeating the question over and over but saying it slower each time. Classic scene in that show.

• Thank you (+1) 1