Training Camp 8/4

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Edwards is going to ball out. It’s likely the biggest reason they moved McGovern to center. McGovern is going to be good at center as long as his snapping works.

The staff wants it that way based on the offseason, but there's a fallback of running it back with one positional change rather than 3 (including jumbo) after last year's performance.

57 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

The staff wants it that way based on the offseason, but there's a fallback of running it back with one positional change rather than 3 (including jumbo) after last year's performance.

Only with injury will it change. The Bills have built themselves a big powerful OL that should be together for 2-3 years.

Re:  McD/Butler — relationships change.  Butler can also be a very good coach who just can’t relate to certain players.

The Elam situation reeks of a draft pick the position coach didn’t like, and then matters were made worse when Elam had a couple of injuries.

It does seem as though Butler was salty about not getting the DC promotion and it would have been difficult for him to return.

In any event, it’s nice to see the development of Elam because I think fans and media are much too quick to throw the “bust” label on a guy without knowing all of the circumstances.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, eball said:

Re:  McD/Butler — relationships change.  Butler can also be a very good coach who just can’t relate to certain players.

The Elam situation reeks of a draft pick the position coach didn’t like, and then matters were made worse when Elam had a couple of injuries.

It does seem as though Butler was salty about not getting the DC promotion and it would have been difficult for him to return.

In any event, it’s nice to see the development of Elam because I think fans and media are much too quick to throw the “bust” label on a guy without knowing all of the circumstances.

I think we’re over analyzing the situation. 

• Like (+1) 1

The narrative that praise for coach Addae is backhanded insult to Coach Butler is a false conclusion. Butler did a great job with our backs. He helped Christian Benford apparently(among others). Butler was a finalist for the top job and didn’t get it, so he went to make his fortune elsewhere with a great resume intact. He hit the ceiling and moved on. Addae is a new coach so naturally McDermott is going to give him some kudos when things go well. That’s what you do in a successful organization, share the credit. The main difference is probably not the coach, but the player. Elam wasn’t healthy last year, which hurt his development. And he found the gift of desperation this year because he is a special athlete who has succeeded his entire career up to now. He has read all the stuff calling him a bust. That stings your pride butch!

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Joe Buscaglia had his end of the first week recap the other day and what stuck out to me was that he said the team last year worried about playing rapp because he is out of position a lot and then said he has been having the same problem at camp.  He made safety sound like a major red flag.

this opinion completely contradicts the backwards hat youtube scout cosplayers.  

So i am not sure who is right but I like Joe Buscaglia and value his opinion.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT EVER contradict Cover One!

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Only with injury will it change. The Bills have built themselves a big powerful OL that should be together for 2-3 years.

There's the potential to lose brown, but I've though Van Demark has looked fine in the limited snaps he played.  He's been here 2 years under Kromer, went from PS to active roster swing tackle, and was solid enough that they felt comfortable moving Bates last season.  

If they lose Brown, i don't expect them to sign anyone high priced - but maybe bring in a rookie in the first few rounds to compete with Van Demark.  

4 hours ago, eball said:

After the season Elam had some choice "non-remarks" about the coaching situation which sort of implied that he didn't get along with Butler either.  

Corner is a short memory type of position, and having a coach always harping on you can do some damage to your psyche and belief in yourself.  

2 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I don't even... why not just wear a diggs jersey?  Maybe wait a year or two?  For 20 bucks thats a steal.  

His 4 years here may have ended not so happy, but he's still a bills legend.  

Frank Reich is a bigger legend.

He led “The Comeback”.

Nuff said.

2 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I don't even... why not just wear a diggs jersey?  Maybe wait a year or two?  For 20 bucks thats a steal.  

His 4 years here may have ended not so happy, but he's still a bills legend.  

Here is the litmus test.

If X former Bills won a Super Bowl, would I be happy for them?

Diggs: no

Tre White: yes.

He’s a mercenary. Thank him for his service and bid adieu.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Here is the litmus test.

If X former Bills won a Super Bowl, would I be happy for them?

Diggs: no

Tre White: yes.

He’s a mercenary. Thank him for his service and bid adieu.

Yeah I guess.  I just see it as an investment.  Buy the 20 dollar diggs jersey, toss it in the closet for a couple years, then once he's retired you got yourself a fresh "legend" jersey.  Same with someone like Shady, Conlan, or Clements.  After a while the sting goes away 🙂 

Example: My friend bought a bryce paup jersey on clearance in like 1998 and still wears it quite a bit.  The amount of people who see this jersey and say that they love bryce paup is ridiculous, and paup was here for 3 seasons AFTER the super bowl years.  

9 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Frank Reich is a bigger legend.

He led “The Comeback”.

Nuff said.

He also played for the JETS! BOOOOO THAT MAN 😄

13 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Always was a tradition at the agency I used to work for to see or hear people trashing those that left by some. Most of just laughed at "the Tradition"

Always blame the guy not here to defend themselves anymore

• Like (+1) 1