Training Camp 8/4

1 hour ago, Ben said:

If Elam really has figured it out that draft becomes incredible. 1)Elam 2)Cook 3)Bernard 5)Shakir 6)Benford. 

Home run draft! I think Elam will shine this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

Keon Coleman seems like he might single-handedly erase that empty feeling I have when I watch other QB’s throw jump balls down the field that result in acrobatic catches and 30-40 yards added to their passing total. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Member when alot of people were mad that McDermott kept benching cook for fumbles, I think we're starting to see why

Cook was billed as a receiving back coming out of Georgia, with great hands. Taking into account his drops in extensive playing time last season and his drops in training camp - on perfectly thrown balls no less - I don’t know what to make of him in the passing game. He gets open which is a plus, but if he can’t hold onto the ball, who cares? If Davis can catch the ones Cook can’t, then Davis should get the bulk of pass opportunities. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 7

Love the positive reports about Elam. People wanted to dump last year for a low-round pick. Ridiculous. The kid just turned 23 THIS MAY. He's a kid and learning and growing.

Also love the Keon highlights. His detractors (and they exist) will say it's only camp. Can't wait for him to do it in the regular season. Not saying he's gonna be an all pro but I think he could be an excellent possession/red zone WR.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2