Training Camp 8/4

4 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Maybe wait a few more weeks before ordering that nameplate, heh

Yea, or pick one of these guys instead...

Player

Stefon Diggs

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Ray-Ray McCloud

Tommy O'Connell

Frank Reich

M.C. Reynolds

Tom Sherman

Sammy Watkins

Joe Webb

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

This is going to look so good on Sundays. Allen has never had a WR capable of these kinds of plays.

Just looked at the twitter thread. First reply is from a KC fan "not as good as Worthy".  I can't put into words how much I despise those guys. If we ever beat them in the playoffs I'm going to take all my stolen property back to the rightful owners

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It's getting extremely difficult for me to not hype Coleman. My pre-training camp standard was cleaning up enough to be used situationally in the red zone and gradually spool out for a greater role but he has been consistent in holding his own vs the teams best outside corners.

I think Kincaid starts as the primary downfield threat but if Coleman keeps it up it might be forcing teams to pick their poison.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Imagine an Allen to Coleman connection like this on the final play of the AFC championship to beat KC. I think both my heads would explode

I'd prefer to imagine it as the last TD of the AFC championship for the starters, beating KC by 4 TDs to cap off a 'Perfect-Patriots*-playoff'-type game before sitting for the 4th Q

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BigAl2526 said:

Unfortunately, I can't un-see that video clip.

You would roll with her and you know it, 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Would love to see him win a route. Maybe we’ll just put him in for redzone.

I saw him win plenty of routes in the practices I went to (with separation).  Just because 5 media clips out of over 100 plays from a 2 hr practice doesn't show something doesn't mean it's not happening

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I saw him win plenty of routes in the practices I went to (with separation).  Just because 5 media clips out of over 100 plays from a 2 hr practice doesn't show something doesn't mean it's not happening

I would love to see it. Still holds true.

4 hours ago, stevewin said:

This is not the first time I've seen reference to new DB coach and "clean slate" as reasons for Elam's current success.  They dont seem to be shy about essentially putting more public blame on Butler as things progress

Elam should sue Butler for malpractice😄  Absolutely ridiculous, although McD allowed this to happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Brand J said:

Cook was billed as a receiving back coming out of Georgia, with great hands. Taking into account his drops in extensive playing time last season and his drops in training camp - on perfectly thrown balls no less - I don’t know what to make of him in the passing game. He gets open which is a plus, but if he can’t hold onto the ball, who cares? If Davis can catch the ones Cook can’t, then Davis should get the bulk of pass opportunities. 

Yeah but the problem there is when a RB is on the field in passing situations, maybe 1/2 the time he goes out on a pass pattern, the other half, he's used for blocking and do you want to trust a rookie to pick up blitzes?  That was one area Cook did seem to improve on in his 2nd year as a blocker as likely may even be better yet this year.