Looking for a certain Bills hat- need help!

NewEra

Been looking for this hat for awhile- can’t find it with a normal brim, only the big wide looking super straight brim.  Anyone know a site that has obscure hats or can track this one down?  Any help would be appreciative.  Pretty sure we haven’t won a super yet because I haven’t been able to get one.  Help me get it and we’ll get our Lombardi! 😉 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134685612702?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2bJcxkA_Q8O&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

OK, the bad news is, I dunno where this particular hat can be found.  It looks like it's an off brand hat (meaning not a New Era, Zephyr, or other major brand) so it may be tough to track down.

Where I may be of some help is, in my experience (I worked in a hat store for some time, learning the ins and outs on how hats are produced, etc) many hats are going to ship as a flat brim, especially fitted hats.  I hate the flat look, too, so I used what was called a "perfect curve" to bend the bill into the curve that I wanted.  Looked sorta like this:  A.thumb.jpg.d32fa682811a41af53020b341286ea2d.jpg

If the bill of the hat is cardboard, it worked REALLY well.  I'd get the bill wet, set it in the perfect curve overnight and the cardboard would essentially reform into the shape.  Some bills are plastic and they'll work too, you just may need to put it in the curve again every so often.

So, if you can find the size you're looking for, I wouldn't worry about the bill, as you should be able to fix that on your own with a device similar to the one I posted above.  Of course, using your hands to bend it works, too, just be careful with a cardboard bill, as if you crease it, it could be tough to fix.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Been looking for this hat for awhile- can’t find it with a normal brim, only the big wide looking super straight brim.  Anyone know a site that has obscure hats or can track this one down?  Any help would be appreciative.  Pretty sure we haven’t won a super yet because I haven’t been able to get one.  Help me get it and we’ll get our Lombardi! 😉 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134685612702?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2bJcxkA_Q8O&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I see you’re rolling “tiger style”🤔😎

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BLeonard said:

OK, the bad news is, I dunno where this particular hat can be found.  It looks like it's an off brand hat (meaning not a New Era, Zephyr, or other major brand) so it may be tough to track down.

Where I may be of some help is, in my experience (I worked in a hat store for some time, learning the ins and outs on how hats are produced, etc) many hats are going to ship as a flat brim, especially fitted hats.  I hate the flat look, too, so I used what was called a "perfect curve" to bend the bill into the curve that I wanted.  Looked sorta like this:  A.thumb.jpg.d32fa682811a41af53020b341286ea2d.jpg

If the bill of the hat is cardboard, it worked REALLY well.  I'd get the bill wet, set it in the perfect curve overnight and the cardboard would essentially reform into the shape.  Some bills are plastic and they'll work too, you just may need to put it in the curve again every so often.

So, if you can find the size you're looking for, I wouldn't worry about the bill, as you should be able to fix that on your own with a device similar to the one I posted above.  Of course, using your hands to bend it works, too, just be careful with a cardboard bill, as if you crease it, it could be tough to fix.

I had one of those in 1996.  Was called “The perfect curve”-  but that was before the 59/50’s.

you sure this rounds the 59/50 brims into the shape of a normal brim?  From my experience, the 59/50 brims are a different shape and there’s no way to make it the same.  But if you say it will, I’ll get one for sure.  

Thanks for the advice 

6 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I see you’re rolling “tiger style”🤔😎

Yeah- I listen to wu tang when the bills are on D.  Me not having the hat is likely the reason our defense gets trounced the way they do in season ending defeats. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Are you going bald ?

Oh nooooo, quick buy a hat

George Costanza Running GIF

😢 Yeah- I have a little thinning spot in the back up top.  Worked outside in Vegas for 20 years 12 hours a day-  needed a hat or I’d suffer.  

I take my game day uniform seriously 😎 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BLeonard said:

I too like a curved hat when I wore them, but haven’t in a long time.  My simple solution is my hands and thumbs to get to the desired curve.  It’s free and I control the depth of the curve.

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

Buy the one on EBay and bend the brim. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Buy the one on EBay and bend the brim. 

the brim is huge-  not my thing.  They look stupid on me. 59/50 brims don’t bend and look the same.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

the brim is huge-  not my thing.  They look stupid on me. 59/50 brims don’t bend and look the same.  

i just checked the Mets and Bills hats that I have out. Both are 59/50 and I bent the brims and they look fine. 

I hate the wide/flat brim look, too, but these seem to have bent (and stayed bent) very nicely. 

But I totally get what you’re saying. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

That's not NewEra...

I am guessing the number of wu tang Bills logo hats is exceedingly small in number.

This smacks of a special issue made for a few friends by a hat swag designer who is close to or involved with this band? 

it's a mystery! Ive never seen it before. VERY COOL.

go to ebay and save a search titled  wu tang Bills hat.  You may just find it who knows.

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, NewEra said:

you might ask the seller if he offers the wu tang hat in the style you want? it never hurts to ask.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

That's not NewEra...

Yeah- I’m not a big fan of new era hats tbh.  I used to be, but seems like a lot of their hats are either too tall or the brims are too wide. 

the username wasn’t based on the hat co surprisingly.  

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, muppy said:

I am guessing the number of wu tang Bills logo hats is exceedingly small in number.

This smacks of a special issue made for a few friends by a hat swag designer who is close to or involved with this band? 

it's a mystery! Ive never seen it before. VERY COOL.

go to ebay and save a search titled  wu tang Bills hat.  You may just find it who knows.

Yeah- definitely a rare find.  No luck in 2 years, figured I’d ask around and hope

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Thanks for trying. yeah, I saw that one and I would’ve snatched it but the brim is like the other one. No bueno for my head.