UK Civil Unrest

25 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

You’re allegedly the party of “saving democracy,” right?

This was the response to democracy in Brexit.

As you can see, when we hear your side whine about “saving democracy,” we know you’re full of ***t and really mean “saving the state.”   

We should ban old people from voting

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/eu-referendum-old-people-should-not-vote

The U.K.’s Old Decided for the Young in the Brexit Vote

https://time.com/4381878/brexit-generation-gap-older-younger-voters/

Angry Old People Shouldn't Be Allowed To Vote

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidschrieberg1/2016/07/01/angry-old-people-shouldnt-be-allowed-to-vote/

My older companions won’t fess up to their role in Brexit vote

The decision to leave the EU was won by a section of the population that was effectively disqualified by its declining competence

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/2016/jul/12/older-people-role-brexit-vote-result

Editorials from pi$$ed off younger Brit’s. I see their point but no one was seriously calling for them to be stopped from voting much less die. This is anger at stupidity after the fact

21 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

You have no problem with them jailing people for posting online? We should do that here. After Trump wins I'll fwd him everything you posted on here about him. Deal?

He has bigger fish to fry especially if he loses.  Doesn’t surprise me that you would advocate political retribution to your opponents. I could threaten sending Harris your posts but that would be nether effective nor decent. 

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, US Egg said:

Hey! Please keep the rancor down. I’m going there in a couple weeks.

Schedule a full day in the British Museum. Never seen a skinhead anywhere near it.  Kew Gardens and Tate Modern also very safe. Good cafes at all. 

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Schedule a full day in the British Museum. Never seen a skinhead anywhere near it.  Kew Gardens and Tate Modern also very safe. Good cafes at all. 

Appreciate that. First time going. People warning us how bad it is there…..whatever. We’re going.

Renting an apartment in West End/National Gallery for 16 days. Open for suggestions….about London. 

Edited by US Egg

31 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

He has bigger fish to fry especially if he loses.  Doesn’t surprise me that you would advocate political retribution to your opponents. I could threaten sending Harris your posts but that would be nether effective nor decent. 

You are missing the point. If you give the government that kind of power it won't be long until they come for you. Freedom of speech is the bedrock of democracy 

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, US Egg said:

Appreciate that. First time going. People warning us how bad it is there…..whatever. We’re going.

Renting an apartment in West End/National Gallery for 16 days. Open for suggestions….about London. 

Wow. You’ll have a great time.  That’s a great location. You’re clearly gonna go to some shows while there. They have unsold/ discounted tix places in the west end. I’d recommend a tour of the tower, national portrait gallery and the on/off bus tour. Last time there, we did the Burroughs market food tour. Great place to eat with wide variety. Great ethnic take away for food in London especially Indian and Asian.  The tube is safe and usually efficient. Avoid rush hour.   We’ve toured the palace and parliament once. Only available occasionally 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

You are missing the point. If you give the government that kind of power it won't be long until they come for you. Freedom of speech is the bedrock of democracy 

Oh no, they'll never come for Quack. They're on the same side!

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

This is honestly provocation.

The UK govt is enforcing speech arrests and perp walking white rioters to flaunt their power.

Weve claimed “liberation” of third world countries for less than what is happening over there..

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This is honestly provocation.

The UK govt is enforcing speech arrests and perp walking white rioters to flaunt their power.

Weve claimed “liberation” of third world countries for less than what is happening over there..

If he remembered to put his Hamas costume on before the police arrived all charges would have been dropped.

• Agree 2

Freedom of speech does have legal limitations. Always has and always will. This is true of every western nation. Even the USA.

If you slander someone they can take legal action.

If you libel someone you can take legal action. (Recent examples: Heard/Depp, Giuliani/false claims about multiple things, Fox News/false claims about voting machines).

If you conspire to commit an illegal act - that is a crime.

If you incite others to commit an illegal act - that is a crime.

Freedom of speech does not protect you in such circumstances.

This is not anything new. 

Julius Streicher was rightly hanged because of what he published, in the most extreme case.

Those being investigated and prosecuted for incitement over things they wrote on various platforms will have their day in court. 

Similar things happened during the much more serious rioting in 2011. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1