Tyreek Hill gets contract restructured - $90 million next 3 seasons

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

checking the ball down to Diggs gets you a WP of 65.56% down 3 w 1:50 left

TD to Shakir gets you 71.19%

That's great.  What's the odds of him hitting Shakir in the end zone based on his his air yards in the middle of the field completion percentage of 25 plus yards?

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That's great.  What's the odds of him hitting Shakir in the end zone based on his his air yards in the middle of the field completion percentage of 25 plus yards?

The odds are baked into win%

But by all means continue advocating for one of the two options that had a lesser chance of actually winning the game😂😂

• Dislike 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

The odds are baked into win%

But by all means continue advocating for one of the two options that had a lesser chance of actually winning the game😂😂

Did the odds take into account AJ Klein was covering Travis Kelce?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Did the odds take into account AJ Klein was covering Travis Kelce?

No

nor that Diggs had basically given up on the team

But hey he should have gotten the ball even tho he wasn't finishing his routes and had just insinuated the biggest drop of his life was the QBs fault 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

No

nor that Diggs had basically given up on the team

But hey he should have gotten the ball even tho he wasn't finishing his routes and had just insinuated the biggest drop of his life was the QBs fault 

I've never seen Diggs drop a ball uncontested.  I will argue this to death because the game situational awareness by the Bills was horrible.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I've never seen Diggs drop a ball uncontested.  I will argue this to death because the game situational awareness by the Bills was horrible.

Gee, where does that come from?

👏 👏 👏

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Knock yourself out

They called a play w a deep and shallow option, pry common feature...one of which gives you the greater probability to win the game. 

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Gee, where does that come from?

👏 👏 👏

No.  He didn't stop the play call.  The only way we were pry going to win that game was to score a touchdown with less than 10 seconds on the clock and I can't even guarantee that.

23 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Wait a minute.

What about Shanks Bass missing that easy kick ?

Doesn't matter.  Mahomes was getting the ball back.  Only way we were winning that game was scoring a TD with less than 10 seconds to go. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills are paying over 30 million for an over 30 guy who's production dropped off a cliff.....and he isn't even on the roster anymore.

Take THAT, Dolphins front office!!

Off a cliff ? Diggs still had almost 1200 yards and 8 TDs. I get that most of it came in the first half of the season, but Buffalo switched coordinators. I am in the minority, but I think getting a 2nd for a player u got 4 years of stellar play from who u originally traded a late 1st rounder for is not bad. Better than letting him continue to whine and getting nothing for him when he hits FA. 

Saw this today..  How's this for perspective?

Tyreek Hill: 26.8M

KC Chiefs:

Brown: 3.5M

Toney: 2.5M

Worthy: 2.5M

Watson: 1.8M

Moore: 1.7M

Hardman: 985K

Ross: 915K

Remigio: 800K

Chiefs Total: 14.3M

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Off a cliff ? Diggs still had almost 1200 yards and 8 TDs. I get that most of it came in the first half of the season, but Buffalo switched coordinators. I am in the minority, but I think getting a 2nd for a player u got 4 years of stellar play from who u originally traded a late 1st rounder for is not bad. Better than letting him continue to whine and getting nothing for him when he hits FA. 

then you get that his production fell off a cliff and It wasn't for lack of targets from a new coordinator.

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

then you get that his production fell off a cliff and It wasn't for lack of targets from a new coordinator.

My point is Buffalo got some great years out of Diggs while aiding the development of Josh Allen. Gave up a late 1st and SHOULD get back an early 2nd. That is not bad at all. Not ideal that it was a 2025 pick, but it could’ve been much, much worse. Diggs is now on the wrong side of 30 and we had him during his prime years. Sucks that Buffalo didn’t get a ring out of it, but clearly from a production standpoint, the Bills got plenty of value out of him for what they gave up. If they hit on that 2nd rounder from the Texans (who they got from the Vikings) along w/ Diggs having a down year, this trade may look to be a steal

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Like (+1) 2

This doesnt hurt them much now, but certainly locks up cap space in the future... I want it to bode badly for them, but I am sure there is some creative cap stuff they will work out. I think the big piece here is how long is TH going to be elite this year, maybe next....Hill is a major threat, but he really hasnt been a difference maker in winning games against us. Now they are totally committed to him for 3 years (at ultimately 34 by the end of the deal) and it will cost them at the end in some way. 

In the end I think its the Tua thing that will make or break them... Team wise and Cap wise... If Tua progresses a step or two past where he is, (maybe two) they have a shot in the next few years (although they lost alot on D and have had massive injuries) If he stays the same or gets figured out or injured I am not sure the Hill contract or retention of services means alot one way or the other... they arent contenders and would end up having massive money committed to QB and need to look for another or accept the limitations of what Tua is... I think the Browns are finding themselves in that situation... (no tears there)...