Tyreek Hill gets contract restructured - $90 million next 3 seasons

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

I don’t get how Miami can be spending this much money on QB and 2 WRs without being in cap hell

….or seriously deficient elsewhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

I don’t get how Miami can be spending this much money on QB and 2 WRs without being in cap hell

The cap is just accounting.  Or at least many here think it is not real because you can manipulate it for a while.   Eventually it comes calling. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Big Blitz changed the title to Tyreek Hill gets contract restructured - $90 million next 3 seasons
9 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

The cap is just accounting.  Or at least many here think it is not real because you can manipulate it for a while.   Eventually it comes calling. 

They had to let Robert Hunt go and Christian Wilkins because they saw this coming.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

KEEP THROWING THAT MONEY AROUND,  I LOVE IT :w00t:

Keep your eyes on the Dolphins roster, should be some real good players released soon...

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

They had to let Robert Hunt go and Christian Wilkins because they saw this coming.

I don’t think the cap is just accounting.  According to bill polian the cap does not forgive and the cap does not forget.  You can spend more money for a while u til eventually you have to make tough choices. 

Edited by Matt_In_NH

37 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Keep your eyes on the Dolphins roster, should be some real good players released soon...

You keep your eye on the ground. Somebody might have dropped something! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Yeah, you can’t have it all, and I have to wonder how long before it starts getting painful at other positions. Maybe not this season, but not too far down the road. I just don’t see them as a “swing for the fences” SB contender. 

I think it’s time for Waddle to get a raise again!  😂 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JohnNord said:

They are pretty close to. Before this they were 44 million over the cap and Hill was one of the few players they could release.

I assume this brings them down and if they leverage the Waddle and Tue to maximum they can probably squeak under but only just. They brought on a bunch of FA defenders this year and one year into a contract does not give you a lot. They are likely going to break even and have the draft so they really are putting all their eggs in few baskets 

Beane took some bitter medicine this offseason but the result is that they look the be under the cap with a few very easy moves to make space: Allen restructure or new contract, likely a Von Miller cut and if our 2024 rookies work out DaQuan, Edwards and Rapp are expendable.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

The speed and route running will be there for a few more years for sure. Tyreek is special. Incredible ball tracking skills.

He's a great WR (POS human) but I'm willing to bet Tyreek won't be $106.5 million guaranteed good beyond a couple years. Maybe I'll be wrong. But Miami is betting a ton of money against history. I hope they've made a huge overspend.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Nephilim17 said:

He's a great WR (POS human) but I'm willing to bet Tyreek won't be $106.5 million guaranteed good beyond a couple years. Maybe I'll be wrong. But Miami is betting a ton of money against history. I hope they've made a huge overspend.

He’s a freak who’ll be in the conversation of GOAT in a few years.  There’s no such thing as overpaying someone that good.

9 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Apparently the Chiefs didn’t believe that.

They got a ton of draft capital to not pay him.  He’s worth a top of the market contract.  Kansas City decided he wasn’t worth that in addition to a first round pick, a second round pick, two fourth round picks, and a sixth round pick.  That trade worked out well for everyone involved.  

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Billl said:

They got a ton of draft capital to not pay him.  He’s worth a top of the market contract.  Kansas City decided he wasn’t worth that in addition to a first round pick, a second round pick, two fourth round picks, and a sixth round pick.  That trade worked out well for everyone involved.  

Not really.  It only worked out for the Chiefs.  The Dolphins highlight game since the trade was beating us in week 3 in 2022

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Billl said:

He’s a freak who’ll be in the conversation of GOAT in a few years.  There’s no such thing as overpaying someone that good.

I don’t think the issue is will he or won’t he still be decent in a few years, rather, will he still be the best at his position/untouchable speed? That’s the bet I wouldn’t want to take as Miami imho, but whatevs. With or without him Allen still owns the Phish. 🤷‍♂️