Tyreek Hill gets contract restructured - $90 million next 3 seasons

10 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I don’t get how Miami can be spending this much money on QB and 2 WRs without being in cap hell

By gutting their defense.  If Rodgers stays healthy for the Jets, Miami won’t make the playoffs IMO.  

They barely made it in the last 2 seasons with what was a better roster than they will have this year.  And the AFC overall is even tougher this year 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Not really.  It only worked out for the Chiefs.  The Dolphins highlight game since the trade was beating us in week 3 in 2022

That’s like blaming Josh for not having won a Super Bowl.  Whatever failures the Dolphins have had over the past 2 seasons haven’t been because Hill isn’t earning his keep.

22 minutes ago, Billl said:

That’s like blaming Josh for not having won a Super Bowl.  Whatever failures the Dolphins have had over the past 2 seasons haven’t been because Hill isn’t earning his keep.

I do blame Josh for not winning a Super Bowl.  Check the ball down to Diggs.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Billl said:

He’s a freak who’ll be in the conversation of GOAT in a few years.  There’s no such thing as overpaying someone that good.

At face value that’s probably true, but if you lump the tua contract in there too it gets pretty ugly.  I think they had to either let tua walk or tyreek walk and they’re keeping both it seems.  

these guys just haven’t been getting it done against the better teams in the league for years now it is kind of crazy to me they are basically going all in on something that just hasn’t been working 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Pretty close to zero chance we get through Baltimore and SF with that LB situation we had even if you gift us that chiefs win.  

True.  The play still ticks me off but Josh was the only reason we had a chance in that Chiefs game.

10 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

They are pretty close to. Before this they were 44 million over the cap and Hill was one of the few players they could release.

I assume this brings them down and if they leverage the Waddle and Tue to maximum they can probably squeak under but only just. They brought on a bunch of FA defenders this year and one year into a contract does not give you a lot. They are likely going to break even and have the draft so they really are putting all their eggs in few baskets 

Beane took some bitter medicine this offseason but the result is that they look the be under the cap with a few very easy moves to make space: Allen restructure or new contract, likely a Von Miller cut and if our 2024 rookies work out DaQuan, Edwards and Rapp are expendable.

Please don't take my DaQuan away.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

By gutting their defense.  If Rodgers stays healthy for the Jets, Miami won’t make the playoffs IMO.  

They barely made it in the last 2 seasons with what was a better roster than they will have this year.  And the AFC overall is even tougher this year 

Good point but they are still dangerous. Tua is by no means great but he has shown that he can find those fantastic receivers.  He threw for a 69% completion percentage and over 4,600 yards. That said, I think that he was forever compromised by the injury at Alabama. 

Years ago, the Dolphins would probably be a .500 team due to their lack of defense. The thing is, the NFL now resembles the Arena League in terms of scoring. They will be a threat as long as Hill and Waddle are healthy, either of whom is better than all of our wide receivers combined. Don't misunderstand, I think the Bills are better than the phins, (primarily due to Josh) but the Bills would seem to be the more well rounded team, perhaps by a lot.

And btw I enjoyed football more before the rule changes but I respect the fact that most of the changes were necessary. It is what it is.

Edited by Bill from NYC

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I do blame Josh for not winning a Super Bowl.  Check the ball down to Diggs.

Not sure if this is serious.....but if it is you are kind of ridiculous.  You can find an issue with anyone who plays QB if you want to make a case (nit pick one play) they are the reason a game was lost.  But if you actually look at the overall performance of Josh Allen in pressure games and think Josh is the problem then you are not really all that knowledgeable in football.  You could look at the defense who has elite performance over the last 5 years but routinely collapses when the chips are down but nah lets blame Josh Allen.

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Right, people talk about how the Bills have all these losses and ignore the Dolphins lost more important pieces who are young and in their prime.  

13 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

Over 30 speed receivers' production can suddenly drop off a cliff.  Miami better hope that doesn't happen.

Bills are paying over 30 million for an over 30 guy who's production dropped off a cliff.....and he isn't even on the roster anymore.

Take THAT, Dolphins front office!!

9 hours ago, Billl said:

A logical Bills fan?

who knew

would have been nice for him to play better in either Chiefs game though.

Edited by WV Fin Phan

20 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I don’t get how Miami can be spending this much money on QB and 2 WRs without being in cap hell

This! I mean, they have the same cap. Impossible it will not affect the other positions.

19 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Gotta pay off those women for all the bastards he's leaving behind.

He will be bankrupt by the time he's 40 unless he calls up durex or trojan and starts doing adds with him and his 20 kids.

Of course it's Tyreek him and quite hard to feel any shred of sympathy ha ha. But as MEN, or for anyt women with a sense of fairness, it should NOT be the case that is ever in financial danger because of this. Just quite poorer ha ha. It's ridiculous the payouts for so-called "child support", or to pretend he'll make NFL money forever. Laws make it insane to have kids except for welfare guys. How does that make any sense?

2 hours ago, gjv said:

I think Hill will make more money this season than all of the Bill's WRer's, TE's, and RB's combined.

For as good as he is, in a salary cap league, it makes no sense. Even as I hate tying it, the Chiefs obviously proved that point! They never came close to replacing Hill, yet won the SB regardless. I prefer the Bills situation to the Fins by far. And Tua is not worth all that cap space. Josh would be, not Tua. 

5 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Good point but they are still dangerous. Tua is by no means great but he has shown that he can find those fantastic receivers.  He threw for a 69% completion percentage and over 4,600 yards. That said, I think that he was forever compromised by the injury at Alabama. 

Years ago, the Dolphins would probably be a .500 team due to their lack of defense. The thing is, the NFL now resembles the Arena League in terms of scoring. They will be a threat as long as Hill and Waddle are healthy, either of whom is better than all of our wide receivers combined. Don't misunderstand, I think the Bills are better than the phins, (primarily due to Josh) but the Bills would seem to be the more well rounded team, perhaps by a lot.

And btw I enjoyed football more before the rule changes but I respect the fact that most of the changes were necessary. It is what it is.

The issue is that they find those receivers and beat up on weak teams then lose to teams over .500 despite the offense.  And that is largely because teams like the Bills have given a blueprint to disrupt the offense which despite all that speed is not that hard to counter by just getting Tua off his early reads.  

No doubt they still can be dangerous, but I just can’t see how they don’t take a step back this year with a much more dangerous AFC and the losses they took on defense.  And a small step back even would have had them miss the playoffs the last 2 seasons. 

But then again, that’s why they play the games, so who knows.  But I personally don’t like how they are building that team, it’s not one that will lend itself well in the postseason against the powerhouse teams of the AFC.  And IMHO I think the GM and staff will be fired if they miss the playoffs this year without major injuries being the reason.  

• Disagree 1