Bills are NFL’s most popular franchise worldwide? Really?

Stampede

29 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

It's absolutely the biggest factor in the Bills recent era popularity.  I mean the crazy fans are part of it too but our fans have always been like that and nobody was jumping on the bandwagon when we sucked cuz of the wild fans lol 

I think there are a combination of factors at work:  a small-but-mighty city; perpetual underdog status; bridesmaid sympathy; crazy loyal fans with unique rituals; the incredibly giving, community-oriented nature of the Bills Mafia; Josh Allen.

Like Spanish paella, it might not be any single ingredient that makes the dish a success, but rather the beautiful, synergistic combination of ingredients.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I think there are a combination of factors at work:  a small-but-mighty city; perpetual underdog status; bridesmaid sympathy; crazy loyal fans with unique rituals; the incredibly giving, community-oriented nature of the Bills Mafia; Josh Allen.

Like Spanish paella, it might not be any single ingredient that makes the dish a success, but rather the beautiful, synergistic combination of ingredients.  

All of those other things have always been there, take away Josh Allen and you go back to the drought era Bills and they are the NFL's laughing stock again not the most popular team.

*I mean it's not all and only because of Josh either because we have a lot of other talented players on this team too but Josh is really the spark plug that completely changed the aura around the Buffalo Bills in the modern era. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

It's absolutely the biggest factor in the Bills recent era popularity.  I mean the crazy fans are part of it too but our fans have always been like that and nobody was jumping on the bandwagon when we sucked cuz of the wild fans lol 

You know I also think thats a great point as well about Bills Mafia... I think people like the crazy for sure... but I also think that there is a lot of respect out there for what they do for not only this community but others... Going back to Andy Dalton and Lamar, Darryl Talley etc... 

• Like (+1) 2

I mean really, “The Bills” are the coolest team by far, that so many don’t realize this is frankly amazing,

On 8/5/2024 at 5:40 PM, hondo in seattle said:

Just so you know...

My grandfather was French.  He won a Croix de Guerre in WWI for single-handedly holding off a German company with a heavy machine gun.

When the Germans invaded France again in 1940, he went to a local police station - along with some other WWI vets - and demanded weapons to fight the Germans as a civilian.  He didn't wave a white flag in WWII either.  

My late mom, just a teen at the time, and her family helped the Resistance move Jews around Paris to avoid arrest and deporation (to extirmination camps) by the Nazis.  Several of my mom's cousins, aunts, and uncles died fighting or otherwise serving their country in the two world wars (with about 2 million other non-flag waving French casualties).  

I'm half-French, proudly led American soldiers into combat, and the only white flags I ever saw were being waved by our enemies.  

No one in my family will get your joke about French Army Knives.  

Thank you for standing up and giving some facts to this recent French "military bashing" by too many Americans lately.

Without the French military and financial support there would be no United States.

If the United States Army was on the Maginot Line at the start of WW2, they would have been overrun by the German blitzkrieg just as fast.

The facts of history are being twisted and lost in this country lately.  Personally, I commend all those like yourself who resist it.

• Like (+1) 1