Bills are NFL’s most popular franchise worldwide? Really?

Stampede

I bet a HUGE amount of young fans have hoped on this franchise purely because of Josh Allen. This guy is so great to watch, people just love seeing him play.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, when he finally retires I'm going to be at a real loss because the guy completely reignited my passion for this team and this sport. The second we drafted him I was excited and as soon as he leap frogged Barr I was hooked. The thought of going back to a 'regular' QB is really depressing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Don’t you have your own cesspool forum to post on?

Although a bit of an excessive comment on the original authors post, Actually he/she is correct.  I used to travel extensively to some pretty impoverished countries, Coot De Ivoire, Nigeria, Venezuela, Columbia and sad to to say, in some of the most remote of towns I would see Bills gear, especially T-Shirts proclaiming we were super Bowl champions.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Billl said:

Makes sense to me.  Lots of people in third world countries grew up wearing Bills championship gear.

OK.  Just to back this up.  A comedian at the Lucille Ball comedy festival in Jamestown, Opey Olagbaju, who spent part of his youth in Nigeria made a joke about this last night.  He claimed that the championship  T-shirts of losing Super Bowl teams would end up there and by the 4th year they had gotten tired of getting them.  He claimed he once told the joke with Andre Reed in the audience.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Makes sense. Buffalo has been among the top most successful teams since 2020, and has an extremely exciting offense led by a superstar QB who routinely has amazing plays through the air and on the ground.

We're very spoiled. I watch most other teams and they are seriously boring now. I used to watch other teams and wonder why we couldn't look like them. How things have changed ...

53 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Although a bit of an excessive comment on the original authors post, Actually he/she is correct.  I used to travel extensively to some pretty impoverished countries, Coot De Ivoire, Nigeria, Venezuela, Columbia and sad to to say, in some of the most remote of towns I would see Bills gear, especially T-Shirts proclaiming we were super Bowl champions.

Sure, but those aren't the countries that scored high for the Bills. It was mostly European and Scandinavian countries that scored high.

Edited by MJS
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

This is pretty cool. Jmo, but so many WNY fans move away due to the yearlong crappy weather. They won’t live there any more but the Bills are forever in their blood, so they still follow them religiously. Being closest to Montreal & Toronto helps too.

Great post and so true, but many love the Bills simply because they are always the underdog yet produce great and exciting football!

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I bet a HUGE amount of young fans have hoped on this franchise purely because of Josh Allen. This guy is so great to watch, people just love seeing him play.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, when he finally retires I'm going to be at a real loss because the guy completely reignited my passion for this team and this sport. The second we drafted him I was excited and as soon as he leap frogged Barr I was hooked. The thought of going back to a 'regular' QB is really depressing.

Don't feel bad. We get a good QB every couple of decades, so there will be something to look forward to.

3 hours ago, amprov56 said:

I have been in twenty - nine countries, over thirty states, and have lived out of state since 1979, the Bills are a very popular team. We probably have more people on TBD who dislike the Bills than the US at large!

Yes but many of them have multiple personality disorders.   When  the OBD message board shut down all of the members should have gotten coupons for from mental health consoling.  I wonder if it is too later for a class action suit; laywers love it when their clients get coupons.  I have gotten more than a dozen in data breaches.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

If I went to a Chiefs forums and took every opportunity to gloat about Bruce Smith knocking out Joe Montana in the 1994 AFC Championship game I would be correct, but it would still be rude. Everybody knows about the unused NFL merch going to Africa. It was already a worn out stand up bit 25 years ago.

7 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Dude. Coot De Ivoire is a stripper, not a country. 

• Haha (+1) 3

Imagine the popularity once Allen wins a Super Bowl, he’s going to need security to venture outdoors anywhere outside of Buffalo, I’m sure the locals will have enough courtesy to leave him alone for the most part.

For all his faults, you have to give the other Brandon some credit for somehow selling all the rust belt nostalgia underdog story through the endless drought years. In 2010, we were 0-8, Chan is the coach, Fitzpatrick is the starting QB, and we are playing Detroit at home. The game is a sellout!  How did that happen…crazy.  

As a guy from Québec who's been a Bills fan for decades and suffered the drought, I can say most outsiders love... the current winning team. Bandwagon jumpers. Bills ARE popular though. Josh Allen is a big reason why. Entertainment matters! Otherwise we'd be watching the best Paint Drying Watching champions.

But the fans and the vibe are also a huge plus. Bills fans are great. Miami - and all Florida teams - seem to have crappy fans in all sports. Not very attractive. There was a UFC yesterday in Abu Dhabi and wow was that crowd boring. It matters.