Recession is upon us - disastrous economic data

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Did you read the part about credit card debt? Borrowing costs in general?

Because in general, the better off you are, the less debt you have.

I'm fortunate. I've worked hard and steadily for a long time. I was able to save money for retirement. I don't have any debt. I am able to invest basically risk-free at about a 5% interest rate now. Rates go down, all of a sudden I'm not doing so well. Interest rate cuts will probably hurt me.

But they will probably help a younger version of me, financing a car, upgrading to a better home thanks to a lower interest rate, lowering my monthly payments on the credit card debt I'm trying to get rid of, etc.

Lol uhh what? Have you been listening to Dave Ramsey? Debt is how you get rich. You use other people's money to leverage. The richest people have by far the most debt. Elon Musk probably has more debt than entire countries.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, K D said:

Lol uhh what? Have you been listening to Dave Ramsey? Debt is how you get rich. You use other people's money to leverage. The richest people have by far the most debt. Elon Musk probably has more debt than entire countries.

I'm talking about ordinary working people. Total debt as a percentage of income/assets. And yes, it does decrease with wealth, because that's kind of the definition of wealth.

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm talking about ordinary working people. Total debt as a percentage of income/assets. And yes, it does decrease with wealth, because that's kind of the definition of wealth.

If you acknowledge that many rich people may have literally millions in debt then who do you think benefits most with lower rates? Some derpy doo with $1,000 in credit card debt or someone like Bill Gates who likely has billions in debt that he can refinance? Your point was that it more favorably benefits normal people and that's absolutely false. Rich people have a better debt to income ratio sure but that's not what we are talking about. Rich people about to get richer in Sept

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Vote for the people that crashed this economy to fix it!   

I suppose this is me cheering this on. 

I should just lie like the regime has been.  

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The perfect employee for this corrupt and inept Admin.  Simply amazing.  She should be promoted anyday now...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

But trust the ones that provided this data. And revise it every month. And parrot it as a sign of a strong economy.  

It's all lies, smoke and mirrors with this disaster of an administration 

These are the payroll numbers, not the HH survey, but if applied, then the UE rate would be MUCH higher, around 5.8%, HUGE contraction, terrible economy.

If you assume about 40% overlap, meaning 60% fewer jobs, then the UE rate would be 5.6%, also really big/bad jump

Both are Recessionary.

So AMERICANS are in Recession, but.....Democrats need to be elected.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, K D said:

You must think that declaring bankruptcy is a sign of being loaded also.

3 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

Angry lying mr magoo

I want to know where the balance is to the Orlando area, where has inflation been mild to contract my area? Rents are almost double for same size, food is at least 50% and eating out is almost that much more. Where is rent less than a 20% increase?

• Like (+1) 1