Recession is upon us - disastrous economic data

20 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Voices screaming inflation is down are proving how out of touch they are with reality. 

Stock market isn't main Street or the economy.  

I mean I agree with you on the stock market part as long as you're saying the same about Right-Winger media who were were correlating it with the economy on Aug 5th when we had the "crash", or Trump who does it with the market and economy all the time. 

I 100% agree though that the stock market is not a direct reflection of the economy. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I mean I agree with you on the stock market part as long as you're saying the same about Right-Winger media who were were correlating it with the economy on Aug 5th when we had the "crash", or Trump who does it with the market and economy all the time. 

I 100% agree though that the stock market is not a direct reflection of the economy. 

I dislike trump personally.  

But cutting taxes and pork is the opposite of tax and spend.  

But like a lot of things he never cut the pork they claimed he would.  

3 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

I dislike trump personally.  

But cutting taxes and pork is the opposite of tax and spend.  

But like a lot of things he never cut the pork they claimed he would.  

Or in the case of DT1….cut taxes and increase spending

Edited by TH3
  • Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

And just think.  Come October first the new year will release next year's stimulus money to the "economy".

Milton Friedman wrote something along the lines of "All money printing is ultimately stagflationary once the printing and inflation becomes expected."

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

And just think.  Come October first the new year will release next year's stimulus money to the "economy".

The government does not print money to "make up the difference".  They sell bonds and therefore take on debt.

Edited by Scraps
  • Like (+1) 1

I mean we've been in a recession for a while now. The crazy inflation is from all the money the Fed (a private organization) printed to survive the market crash at the start of the pandemic.

I love it when idiots want to attribute current economic/market conditions to who is currently sitting in office, willfully ignorant to the fact these things move at glacial speeds.

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

We got hit hardest at first and now are the lowest.  It's the curse and benefit of being the world's currency reserve.

• Like (+1) 3

20 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I mean we've been in a recession for a while now. The crazy inflation is from all the money the Fed (a private organization) printed to survive the market crash at the start of the pandemic.

I love it when idiots want to attribute current economic/market conditions to who is currently sitting in office, willfully ignorant to the fact these things move at glacial speeds.

Along with that legislation that handed out 100's of billions to the States, moratoriums on evictions and rent payments, student loan payments, paying people that were forced to stay home because of COVID lock downs, disruptions to supply chains. The Inflation Reduction Act which did no reducing. WFH requirements that highlighted the ability of work getting done without occupying a lot of expensive commercial real estate, a market in crisis.

Add to it sanctions implemented against Russia that disrupted global markets for oil, fertilizers, agricultural products, other goods. Disruptions to natural gas flows to Europe which is forced to exchange cheap gas for 3x the price LNG shipments. 

• Like (+1) 1