Recession is upon us - disastrous economic data

And now we know that Biden's senior economic adviser has quit that job to go work for the Harris campaign.

Remember that the next time Kamala tries to distance herself from "Bidenomics."

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

What do you know it’s the smartest guy in the room again…

Its really amazing how Harris was able to completely mismanage the Japanese economy for 20 years in her one month as a presidential candidate.  

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

What do you know it’s the smartest guy in the room again…

If this is some silly attempt to suggest the carry trade is responsible for market action today, that suggestion is absolutely preposterous, and anyone who suggests it, should be removed from any financial discussion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Its really amazing how Harris was able to completely mismanage the Japanese economy for 20 years in her one month as a presidential candidate.  

If that’s your take on today this must be your first campaign season. Otherwise this is just Tiberius level garbage. Either way, nice job. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

It’s really amazing how Harris was able to completely mismanage the Japanese economy for 20 years in her one month as a presidential candidate.  

But this is nothing new, either.  The admin claims credit for the good things in the economy, blames the other guys for what ails  the economy.  

At the same time, she’s been a major player in Washington since 2017, VP For nearly 4 years, and the number two to a guy who has shaped American and international policy for decades.  Her influence is not limited to the last couple of weeks.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Just send the stocks to the moooooooooon 

Comparing Trump and Biden at this point in their presidencies:

10.6% higher increase in the Dow with the bad orange man in office and a 9.7% gain in the S&P. Why settle for the moon? Maybe you just aren’t market savvy. You are, however, a very ardent cheerleader even in the face of data that refutes whatever point you try to make. 

On 8/2/2024 at 4:47 PM, Starr-Bills said:

You guys understand how media works to shape opinions right? 

Just like advertising they will repeat repeat repeat (7x is the old saw) so that you will have the word or brand in you mind when you actually need to make a decision to buy. 

good example what so many insurance ads? Why are they so weird and not actually about insurance. They want to make an impression on you, hell if I mention cavemen you all know what company that is for. same as the gecko. 

So they (who own the large media companies) what to sell an narrative they give their highly paid (and that is important if their are not highly paid they don't have as much to lose and so are less controllable) talking heads to repeat it. 

don't believe me. (btw this was the first link in my google search "sinclair media"

so they will repeat "recession" a million times because noting else is working for trump right now and everyone will say session is bad, must do different so we'll go back to trump. sigh. 

Note how yes there was a dip today, and back in 2022, but eventually the money guys need this to go up for their own stock option compensation to be valuable. Don't be played. (that said the FED should have lowered rates today like they were going to)

SnP.jpg

Yeah, take this guy's word for it.  He received his economics and finance degrees from the school of Trust Me Bro.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Yeah, take this guy's word for it.  He received his economics and finance degrees from the school of Trust Me Bro.

Just count the amount of homeless today, then next week.  Every city/town has an encampment or ten. 

It's kinda a result of the economy..

Edited by Tommy Callahan

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

And now we know that Biden's senior economic adviser has quit that job to go work for the Harris campaign.

Remember that the next time Kamala tries to distance herself from "Bidenomics."

but, remember… Trump RUINED the economy because of CoVID!!!

5 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Just count the amount of homeless today, then next week.  Every city/town has an encampment or ten. 

The Callahan Cheektowaga Homeless Index is a lagging indicator in every sense of the word.

19 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Comparing Trump and Biden at this point in their presidencies:

10.6% higher increase in the Dow with the bad orange man in office and a 9.7% gain in the S&P. Why settle for the moon? Maybe you just aren’t market savvy. You are, however, a very ardent cheerleader even in the face of data that refutes whatever point you try to make. 

"The stock market is not the economy unless its convenient" is the only economic truth on this board.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

The Callahan Cheektowaga Homeless Index is a lagging indicator in every sense of the word.

"The stock market is not the economy unless its convenient" is the only economic truth on this board.

Just shining a light on some data for a couple excitable lefties crowing about market performance under our Rushmore-worthy president. Always good to have data, don’t you think?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Entities like what?

The conservative Heritage Foundation issued a report in 2020 proposing the elimination of more than 80 Department of Education programs and moving 40 others to different agencies, such as the Treasury Department or Justice Department.

"I think what really needs to be done is a thoughtful process of moving the offices that deserve to stay around to other agencies, and then eliminating the ones that do not," said Jonathan Butcher, the senior research fellow in education policy at the Heritage Foundation.

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

You came all the way here when all you had to do was sit quietly with your own thoughts?

I bet you think Biden sets gas prices. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

When are we cutting rates..

Have they backed off a .5 emergency with a .5 to follow.  Or is that still a thing? 

Weird everyone expected them to cut rates, then they surprisingly didn’t, so the market tanked (less than 1%) and everyone is screaming recession. 

44 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Actually I worked in advertising and marketing. Managed to retire at 45. But you know you do you.

42 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Actually I think Reagan would like a word.

4 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

The conservative Heritage Foundation issued a report in 2020 proposing the elimination of more than 80 Department of Education programs and moving 40 others to different agencies, such as the Treasury Department or Justice Department.

"I think what really needs to be done is a thoughtful process of moving the offices that deserve to stay around to other agencies, and then eliminating the ones that do not," said Jonathan Butcher, the senior research fellow in education policy at the Heritage Foundation.

I bet you think Biden sets gas prices. 

Good, government is way too bloated.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, phypon said:

Biden cured the economy.  Everybody knows this.

His legacy is absolutely that he was an old senile turd who wrecked the country and had to drop out. Lucky for him he won't remember any of this

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1