Recession is upon us - disastrous economic data

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

sounds like a decent opportunity to buy more!

Unfortunately I don’t have very much “dry powder” at all.

I moved some stuff around, dropped a lot of this tech ETF I held and reloaded into QQQ on this mornings dip. 

39 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

That’s why I think Harris is walking back a lot of her Bernie Bro policies from the 2020 campaign like the Federal Jobs Guarantee. I think she’s going to have to run a little more moderate. 

She can try but no one will believe it.  Unlike Biden, she was never a moderate. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

She can try but no one will believe it.  Unlike Biden, she was never a moderate. 

Neither is Trump, unfortunately populism is infecting the nation.

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Neither is Trump, unfortunately populism is infecting the nation.

Harris is the most far left nominee we've ever had.  She won't be able to run from that.  And moving to the center will alienate a lot of her base. 

Edited by Doc
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Harris is the most far left nominee we've ever had.  She won't be able to run from that.  And moving to the center will alienate a lot of her base. 

Leftists don’t vote to begin with. 

3 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

You're the biggest example.

Im not a reactionary so no, no I’m not

• Like (+1) 1

Housing Market Slowdown Signals Broader Economic Troubles

7ac8ca7b-f6ef-4169-910d-2fb17ac7fa3a-105

The current troubles in the American housing market are an important sign that the broader U.S. economy is slowing. The inevitable results of wrongheaded economic policies are finally overpowering the massive stimulus that was perpetrated in response to the COVID-19 lockdowns.

Particularly egregious and disastrous were the reckless spending increases by President Joe Biden and congressional Democrats—with no Republican votes at all—in 2021 and 2022 after the economy had already recovered.

To stop the inflation caused by that overspending, the Federal Reserve (Fed) tightened the money supply significantly in 2022 and early 2023. That increased mortgage interest rates from around 3 percent a couple of years ago to nearly 7 percent now. That, in turn, has driven the home sales index to its lowest point this century—even lower than during the late-2000s housing crisis and the 2020 lockdowns.

New home sales fell by 14.9 percent from April to May, the largest month-to-month drop since September 2022. Sales of new homes decreased in June by an additional 0.6 percent. “That leaves new home sales down 7.4% YoY,” ZeroHedge reported.

“It is the slowest pace of home sales in any June since 1999, when the NAR began tracking the data,” Morningstar reports.

Financial commentator Peter Schiff accurately calls this “a Fed-induced housing crisis” caused by “wasteful government spending and expansionary monetary policy.”

The interest rate increases the Fed imposed to stop Bidenflation are pushing housing prices higher because homeowners with low-cost mortgages are discouraged from putting their houses up for sale. They don’t want to spend 7 percent on a new mortgage when they are paying 3 percent now. The consequent artificially induced decrease in housing inventory raised the median selling price of an existing family home in the United States from $378,600 in January of this year to a record $426,900 in June—4.1 percent higher than a year earlier.

https://redstate.com/heartlandinstitute/2024/08/05/housing-market-slowdown-signals-broader-economic-troubles-n2177754

28 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

No, it’s a lack of infrastructure and permitting red tape. 

An important feature of a large, liberal feral federal government.  You aren't allowed to blame something you love.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

An important feature of a large, liberal feral federal government.  You aren't allowed to blame something you love.

Im all for making the processes more efficient without deleting entire entities like the GOP wants to do. 

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

I’ve come here to read about morons perspectives on the economy.  

You came all the way here when all you had to do was sit quietly with your own thoughts?

• Haha (+1) 1